ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt men’s soccer team earns No. 1 ranking in coaches poll

There aren't many times in the history of Pitt athletics where teams have been ranked #1. Pitt soccer hit #1 in the Fall but the number of schools playing was extremely limited, although the ACC is easily the best soccer conference. Now, however, nearly everyone is playing.

Here's the link to the actual poll: https://unitedsoccercoaches.org/rankings/college-rankings/ncaa-di-men/

It's pretty simple.....Hire
the right coach, and this
is what you get.

"Nobody on this board cares." -You know who
I actually do care. I am probably the team's biggest fan. That said, every available dollar should be invested into the football and basketball programs, especially basketball because ANYONE can win big in basketball with the right coach. Football is an oligarchy. Right now, we have 7 basketball players, only 3 of whom played real minutes last season.

I actually do care. I am probably the team's biggest fan. That said, every available dollar should be invested into the football and basketball programs, especially basketball because ANYONE can win big in basketball with the right coach. Football is an oligarchy. Right now, we have 7 basketball players, only 3 of whom played real minutes last season.
Have your cake and eat it too. Great strategy. Keep doubling down on the stupid.

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
Perhaps Pitt should fundraise to endow the football coaching staff? If that's the most important factor, then being able to pay a lot without the money coming from athletics operations would go a long way. This way they can afford top notch coordinators and position coaches.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Honestly, how many times does someone who is ACTUALLY a big fan argue that they want their team to get screwed over, over and over and over?
There you go shooting holes in his argument. If you listen to him talk, he'd be thrilled to watch the soccer team wear homemade t-shirts and lose by two touchdowns over on a muddy field in the park because somehow that makes the football and basketball programs better.

There you go shooting holes in his argument. If you listen to him talk, he'd be thrilled to watch the soccer team wear homemade t-shirts and lose by two touchdowns over on a muddy field in the park because somehow that makes the football and basketball programs better.
Pitt is going to have to overpay for its next basketball coach. I would be in favor of cutting budgets to bare minimums for most, if not all Olympic sports, and paying our next basketball coach one of the highest salaries in the country. For like $6 million per year, you can get almost anyone.

Basketball needs fixed. Anyone can win in basketball if you have the right coach. Friggin Baylor, Gonzaga, and Houston were in the Final Four. The last Final Four had Texas Tech, Auburn, and Virginia. Loyola was there in 2018. Not saying we need to make a Final Four but the right coach can win at very high rates in college basketball regardless of the school.

Pitt is going to have to overpay for its next basketball coach. I would be in favor of cutting budgets to bare minimums for most, if not all Olympic sports, and paying our next basketball coach one of the highest salaries in the country. For like $6 million per year, you can get almost anyone.

Well yeah, you've said that over and over in a hundred different ways and you're still wrong.

Basketball needs fixed. Anyone can win in basketball if you have the right coach. Friggin Baylor, Gonzaga, and Houston were in the Final Four. The last Final Four had Texas Tech, Auburn, and Virginia. Loyola was there in 2018. Not saying we need to make a Final Four but the right coach can win at very high rates in college basketball regardless of the school.

high tide lifts all boats. you need a solid athletic program, broadly, in the ACC. we'll get booted if we'd stay the 65th/65 p5 athletic departments.

Reactions: pittdan77
Well yeah, you've said that over and over in a hundred different ways and you're still wrong.

It's like he thinks that schools get some sort of "wins quota" from the NCAA for the year, and that every game that the soccer team wins that's one less win for the football or basketball team.

He's a fan of the soccer team in much the same way that an arsonist is a fan of the local fire department.

Reactions: pittdan77
Dang. Pitt is putting it on national powerhouse UVa (though UVa is a bit down this year). 3-0 so far. Bertin Jacquesson just scored on one of the most beautiful free kicks you'll see anywhere at any level. As I'm typing this, just scored again. 4-0.

This team is rolling at the right time. 1 more game (at Clemson) for the ACC's irrelevant automatic NCAAT berth. Win that and we're probably the #1 overall seed in the NCAAT. I'm guessing all you Olympic Sports fans will be down in North Carolina for the NCAAT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT