ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt men's soccer just knocked off #13/14 Columbia on the road

They are on a roll! Blow out of WVU (who was in top 20 earlier this year); beat the Cuse and now Columbia.

Ohio state stole the game against us in the opener and they’re ranked now. This is a good team.

Ohio state stole the game against us in the opener and they’re ranked now. This is a good team.
Watched some of the Columbia game on my computer.

Pitt dominated the first half - I thought they could have scored 3 or 4.

The second half looked like a different team - I guess we decided we could win 1-0?

Last edited:
If Pitt beats Duke on Friday (who is 9th in the RPI), they would be solidly IN the tournament AT THAT MOMENT but could obviously still play their way out.

Pitt has a ton of young talent but the problem they are going to run into is aome of these guys are going to leave early for MLS or Europe. I can see Kizza or Dexter leaving, maybe even after this year. Heck, we had an incoming freshmen decide to take a contract from Kaiserslautern where he plays for their U19s instead of enrolling at Pitt. Vidovich is attracting big-time talent.

Reactions: Sgtshultz
It was on the Ivy League's on line network.
I believe I followed the link on the Pitt official website schedule section for live streaming and it took me to what I think was like ESPN3

Pitt's official website day of the game page had watch live and live stats, these took you to a Columbia site, neither of which worked for me.

I believe I followed the link on the Pitt official website schedule section for live streaming and it took me to what I think was like ESPN3

Pitt's official website day of the game page had watch live and live stats, these took you to a Columbia site, neither of which worked for me.

I saw it on ESPN3

If Pitt beats Duke on Friday (who is 9th in the RPI), they would be solidly IN the tournament AT THAT MOMENT but could obviously still play their way out.

Pitt has a ton of young talent but the problem they are going to run into is aome of these guys are going to leave early for MLS or Europe. I can see Kizza or Dexter leaving, maybe even after this year. Heck, we had an incoming freshmen decide to take a contract from Kaiserslautern where he plays for their U19s instead of enrolling at Pitt. Vidovich is attracting big-time talent.

I am pretty sure that is how a lot of the successful D-1 soccer programs work. They recruit international prospects that are borderline pro and convince them that they will be able to get into MLS or Europe at some point.

That's interesting, because I actually did it the other way and went through the Columbia web site and didn't have any problems with either.

I am pretty sure that is how a lot of the successful D-1 soccer programs work. They recruit international prospects that are borderline pro and convince them that they will be able to get into MLS or Europe at some point.

Yea, the top programs are basically factories for MLS and lower-division European leagues. But there's heavy turnover as the players dont stay long. I can see Pitt turning into a destination for this type of player.

You can say what you want about "coaching" but recruiting is the name of the game. Vidovich said he wants to bring in players who aspire to be national team or professional players. I mean, sure, John Doe WPIAL star that Luxbacher would labd from NA would "aspire" for that but that's more of a pipe dream. Vidovich is bringing in top-end talent. They have a kid coming in next year who was on the USMNT U17 National team through qualifiers but he didnt make the World Cup team.

Reactions: persp
ADVERTISEMENT