ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt-Miami Game Thread

Second game in a row where the opponent has switched up defense on us and we've had no answer. They are attacking our ball screen and we are dribbling right into the double team.

Other than Burton, we play old man basketball. Smart of Miami to attack us defensively and expose our lack of athleticism and ball handling. I'll be surprised if we keep this within 20. I think they mop the floor with us.

Danger zone. we're a mess on offense and they're canning NBA 3's.

Miami is better . Pitts only chance is start shooting lights out which will be tough against their D .

Sucks to get pasted when people show up. But the talent disparity is sizeable.

And how many offensive rebounds are we going to get two hands on but not come down with? Fede is playing like he's wearing mittens. Diaz-Graham also dropped a pass.

Ballgame.

34-12 by FSU last week
31-14 by Miami today.

We consistently cant defend. But when we cant make shots, we have no chance.

Going to be hard now to make it but not impossible.

I'll be happy if we're within 6 or 7 at half.

Very fortunate to be down 5. Miami is the most talented team I've seen. Clemson is the best but not most talented. I thought UNC was the most talented but besides Bacot, Miami has more.

Reactions: Protes
Sucks to get pasted when people show up. But the talent disparity is sizeable.

And how many offensive rebounds are we going to get two hands on but not come down with? Fede is playing like he's wearing mittens. Diaz-Graham also dropped a pass.
Herein lies the problem. We were still same old Pitt and missing Hugley (who most thought for some reason was good) at the beginning of the ACC schedule. We’ve now been scouted and the better teams are gonna wax us and we’re gonna miss the tourney. Man I hope I’m wrong. Need to shoot lights out this half

Herein lies the problem. We were still same old Pitt and missing Hugley (who most thought for some reason was good) at the beginning of the ACC schedule. We’ve now been scouted and the better teams are gonna wax us and we’re gonna miss the tourney. Man I hope I’m wrong. Need to shoot lights out this half

Seems like Miami relented on defense a bit (maybe a depth thing), but they'll just bust out that ace in the hole again - essentially a half-court press - if they need to. They're so much more athletic. Between lacking ball handlers and a legitimate offensive presence inside, we can't make them pay for doing it.

Cummings has been bad. We need a big second half from Nelly.

He is due!!!!

The only way we win.

Well this is the way to not capitalize on a little momentum going into the half.

• Sad
Reactions: Protes
We can complain about Nelly and the guards today all we want, but Miami’s perimeter D has been damn good.

Did u just start watching hoops today? This was discussed maybe ....7 years ago.
yes. another question, what's this fascination with bouncing the ball all the time? they'd get to the hoop so much faster if they tucked it like a football and ran

We can complain about Nelly and the guards today all we want, but Miami’s perimeter D has been damn good.
I’ll complain a pg who can’t shoot well has 1 assists and has taken 11 shots while being competely lost on defense

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT