ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Mobile App Remains Horrendous

Brian Brush Fan

Redshirt
Mar 21, 2021
I have tickets for football, men's soccer, and men's basketball and nary a ticket can be found on the ticket portion of the app. At Pittsburghpanthers.com, the football tickets are on there, well, kind of; but, the tickets are only made available 48 hours prior to the event. I did not buy the mobile pass this year. I have the same seat every game. Why dont they just cut the bullsh*t and put the tickets into my account?

Last edited:
same here. I requested paper tickets for football, those and the parking passes are owing on the app. I bought volleyball quite a while ago, they're not there. bought the kicvkoff luncheon, they're not on either

I haven’t had any issues with the mobile app and I’ve used it for 3 different athletic events.

It does seem weird that season tickets would not just be loaded .
Same seats for every game- why not load them?

No. They won't be mailed out for at least a week or two from now.
I heard they are going out the week of the 15th. I have mobile tx and have had no problems but they don’t load them till a few days before event if I remember right from last season.

I heard they are going out the week of the 15th. I have mobile tx and have had no problems but they don’t load them till a few days before event if I remember right from last season.
Yeah - I’m sure it’s to limit reselling -
Just a bit annoying since I want to transfer my son’s ticket to a friend for the wvu game (too late on a school night )

Every time that I have attempted to log into my account on the App it crashes. And I mean that literally, every single time. Last year I probably tried 8 or 10 times to get in, and would try four or five or six times at a sitting. And every time it would crash.

Now that they have decided that basketball tickets are mobile only, no paper tickets, I tried again a few weeks ago. Hey, maybe in the intervening months they've fixed the damn thing. Nope. Still crashes, every single time.

Sometimes it crashes as soon as I tap the "tickets" button. Sometimes it crashes when I tap the "manage tickets" button. A couple times I got to where I could put in my password. And when I did and tried to continue, it crashed.

Just for fun, I just tried it again. I got to where I could tap the "manage tickets" button, and when I did that, well, it didn't actually technically crash, it just restarted the app and took me back to the home screen.

I'm surely not the worlds biggest app user, but theirs is by far the worst I've ever used.

Reactions: ratking17
Every time that I have attempted to log into my account on the App it crashes. And I mean that literally, every single time. Last year I probably tried 8 or 10 times to get in, and would try four or five or six times at a sitting. And every time it would crash.

Now that they have decided that basketball tickets are mobile only, no paper tickets, I tried again a few weeks ago. Hey, maybe in the intervening months they've fixed the damn thing. Nope. Still crashes, every single time.

Sometimes it crashes as soon as I tap the "tickets" button. Sometimes it crashes when I tap the "manage tickets" button. A couple times I got to where I could put in my password. And when I did and tried to continue, it crashed.

Just for fun, I just tried it again. I got to where I could tap the "manage tickets" button, and when I did that, well, it didn't actually technically crash, it just restarted the app and took me back to the home screen.

I'm surely not the worlds biggest app user, but theirs is by far the worst I've ever used.
That’s interesting
What kind of phone do you have ?

And the thing is, I've never had any trouble accessing tickets on any other app. I've used the ACC app for ACC championship game tickets. I've used the Peach Bowl app. I've used the MLB app, the US Soccer app, the AXS app for a Stage AE show just a couple weeks ago, the Ticketmaster app for PPG events, and I don't know, maybe a few more. The only one that I have ever had a problem getting to work is Pitt's ticket app.

And fwiw, the rest of the app works just fine for me.

Reactions: ratking17
And the thing is, I've never had any trouble accessing tickets on any other app. I've used the ACC app for ACC championship game tickets. I've used the Peach Bowl app. I've used the MLB app, the US Soccer app, the AXS app for a Stage AE show just a couple weeks ago, the Ticketmaster app for PPG events, and I don't know, maybe a few more. The only one that I have ever had a problem getting to work is Pitt's ticket app.

That’s aggregating

I had all of the aame issues as you, and let the ticket office know multiple times. They acted like it was only my issue. Yesterday I suggested they have their IT read the app reviews on the google play store to see that it's not just me. Today, I rebooted my phone, tried the app, and I can finally see my tickets when I click manage tickets. Hopefully it works for everyone who has these issues.

I had all of the aame issues as you, and let the ticket office know multiple times. They acted like it was only my issue. Yesterday I suggested they have their IT read the app reviews on the google play store to see that it's not just me. Today, I rebooted my phone, tried the app, and I can finally see my tickets when I click manage tickets. Hopefully it works for everyone who has these issues.
I get the message "Check back 48 hours before your event to download your ticket". I didnt order a mobile pass ticket this year, so I dont see why my ticket wouldnt be in my account now. I have a set seat. They need to find a new app developer stat.

Reactions: JED_72
I'm not happy about no paper tickets. But, worse is that the mobile tickets will not be available until 48 hours before games. I live in eastern PA and have had season tickets for 40 years. Typically, I cannot attend all games so I do sell some of my tickets every year . . . usually at a loss. In the past, I had six season tickets . . . over the years I pared them down to 2 because it isn't easy to sell Pitt tickets for games like Rhode Island, Delaware, Ohio, Marshall. With a 48 hour sale window it is going to be difficult to sell tickets for similar less popular games . . . Very good chance this will be my last year to purchase season tickets & parking passes.

I'm not happy about no paper tickets. But, worse is that the mobile tickets will not be available until 48 hours before games. I live in eastern PA and have had season tickets for 40 years. Typically, I cannot attend all games so I do sell some of my tickets every year . . . usually at a loss. In the past, I had six season tickets . . . over the years I pared them down to 2 because it isn't easy to sell Pitt tickets for games like Rhode Island, Delaware, Ohio, Marshall. With a 48 hour sale window it is going to be difficult to sell tickets for similar less popular games . . . Very good chance this will be my last year to purchase season tickets & parking passes.
You likely can start the stubhub market place process without them being loaded since it’s an electronic transfer

As I said in the other thread, I've had no trouble with the app. However, I don't get the 48 hours prior to game for the loading of tickets. Doesn't really impact me since I'm not selling any, but gives me a tighter window if I transfer to someone.

If you bought season tickets they should all be loaded at one time. It's stupid to have people going in there each game to check for their tickets right before game time. Makes no sense.

As I said in the other thread, I've had no trouble with the app. However, I don't get the 48 hours prior to game for the loading of tickets. Doesn't really impact me since I'm not selling any, but gives me a tighter window if I transfer to someone.

If you bought season tickets they should all be loaded at one time. It's stupid to have people going in there each game to check for their tickets right before game time. Makes no sense.
I agree

Two things. If you access your account at the Pitt web site instead of on the app you should already have access to your tickets (and parking passes) for the purposes of selling or transferring them to someone else. They've been there on my account for at least a week or so now.

Secondly, Pitt sent out an email today that says that the mobile ticket delivery process will happen next week. So start looking at your account on the app (assuming that unlike me you can actually access it) next week and they should appear.

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
I had the 48 hour thing too when I went into the app last week, That message is now gone and ALL the game tickets are there, along with the functions like "transfer" Seems it just took them a while to load them. I have a Samsung

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT