ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt MSOC lands another famous son

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Ok, well certainly not as famous as Van Der Saar but Santiago Ferreira, the son of David Ferreira, a former MLS MVP and Colombia international is joining the team from North Texas SC (FC Dallas's MLS Next Pro team). You may also know his brother, who plays for the USMNT and FC Dallas.

Other newcomers

Freshman
Raphael Cilli (France) - scored 1 goal in 17 appearances in the French 4th Division last year

Abdoulaye Toure (France) - cant find any info. Related to the Toure brothers?

Albert Thorsen (Norway) - played for a Norwegian 1st division team but not sure if got minutes for them or their reserve side

Zahir Dyke 🇺🇸 Sporting KC Academy

Massimo Murania 🇺🇸 NYCFC II (MLS Next Pro)

Ameer Abdullah 🇺🇸 Chicago FC United (MLS Next)

3 freshman GK's

Other transfers
Nick Blacklock - started 10 games for VT in 2021, must not have played last year

Fabian Grau 🇩🇪 - grad transfer - played in German 4th Division last year

Felipe Mercado - grad transfer, 4 goals and 7 assists in D2

Joao Souza - grad transfer - Marshall - scored 7 goals last year

Transfer defender from Temple who started 9 games

Lineup guesses

CBs Gilman and Grau
Fullbacks Hall Maillefaud
Midfielders Mirkovic Feitosa Souza
Forwards Sahmkow Sullivan Thorsen (since he got #9)

Last edited:
Here’s Toure: https://www.transfermarkt.us/abdoulaye-toure/profil/spieler/530902

Given that he’s got a single digit number, I think he’s gonna play. That’s how it’s worked out under Vidovich for the most part. Generally, though, it’s very difficult to doubt their track record for talent evaluation for these mystery internationals. Especially from France.

Yea I saw that and I figured he'd play since he's a single digit. Toure isnt that uncommon of a West African surname but I do wonder if there is a relation to Yaya or Kolo

Yea I saw that and I figured he'd play since he's a single digit. Toure isnt that uncommon of a West African surname but I do wonder if there is a relation to Yaya or Kolo
I don’t know if it’s accurate, but that website indicates that our Toure is Malian, not Ivorian like those guys. So probably not, but anything’s possible.

I don’t know if it’s accurate, but that website indicates that our Toure is Malian, not Ivorian like those guys. So probably not, but anything’s possible.

Ok, like I said, its not that uncommon of a surname. Jay definitely has some connections in France.

Is that a pro league in Germany? If so you can still play college soccer?
Only the top three leagues in Germany are professional leagues. The rest are the rough equivalent of semi-pro. They usually pull a few kids from these semi-pro leagues in France and Germany every year.

Edit: should note that he’s listed here as a Graduate Student, so maybe that’s how they do it. I know that’s how they listed Jasper Loeffelsend when he first came over from Germany, too.

Reactions: singregardless
So, it's like the NPSL here, Baltimore had a team played at a local CC, tickets where $10, they had a roster of current college players, pro players and a few Baltimore Blast indoor players and they called D4, they played in the US Open Cup early rounds.

So, it's like the NPSL here, Baltimore had a team played at a local CC, tickets where $10, they had a roster of current college players, pro players and a few Baltimore Blast indoor players and they called D4, they played in the US Open Cup early rounds.
Yeah, probably as close as it gets. But the stadium where this kid played seats about 5,000. So probably closer to League One in terms of overall interest and following, but it’s their fourth tier versus our third.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT