ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt receivers at the combine

In the drills I watched they both looked like they had never played football before in their lives. I am hoping for some addition by subtraction in the WR group next year. I was honestly shocked at how bad they looked, dropping easy passes, falling over trying to adjust to deep balls. We will miss Q on special teams but I think there was a reason we didn't pass him the ball.

In the drill where the QB throws a deep pass from directly behind the receiver Henderson and Weah were two of the worst at the combine. Both looked lost trying to adjust to the ball in the air. We needed to upgrade the WR coach this off-season, because neither looked like they've ever played football before.

Reactions: WiseAndGlorious
In the drill where the QB throws a deep pass from directly behind the receiver Henderson and Weah were two of the worst at the combine. Both looked lost trying to adjust to the ball in the air. We needed to upgrade the WR coach this off-season, because neither looked like they've ever played football before.

Henderson was never used downfield like that, so I guess that isn't unexpected. Weah had a nice improvement in Spring 2016 and it carried over into that season but he was pretty raw from the start. His athleticism and having an accurate Peterman at QB covered up a lot of his faults and left unrealistic expectations for him going into 2017. No doubt he underwhelmed last year though. Watching him try to adjust to the ball versus James Washington for OkSt in that game was like night and day.

The lack of development at WR under Sherman is a little concerning. Hopefully one of the RS freshmen, incoming kids or a healthy Tipton provides him with higher level of raw material to mold.

It's coaching. For an athlete like Weah to look "lost" at a combine where someone like him should shine tells a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT