ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt season predictions

Pittfan85

Redshirt
Sep 18, 2017
We are About a month away, so what do we have?

I'm going to go 8-23 overall, and 1-17 in the ACC. This includes a loss in the ACC tournament.

I'm going to go 8-23 overall, and 1-17 in the ACC. This includes a loss in the ACC tournament.
I really don't think it is possible to make a prediction on this season right now. It's easy to predict that Pitt will suck and none of our players are worth a crap. That has been the constant drumbeat from the Stallings haters on the board anyway.

In reality until we see how these guys perform we don't know. No one thinks they will be world beaters but they may be better than the under .400 one ACC win team that most are predicting.

Reactions: gary2 and FireballZ
Best case scenario: what the OP said. That's about as good as can be hoped for, not knowing if any of these kids can even play in the ACC. We already know we have a coach who can't coach in the ACC.

Would you be OK with that record?

Anything below that a disappointment - anything above it a pleasant surprise?
I think they might be able to get 10 wins with 3 in the ACC but that would still be a disappointment. A pleasant surprise to me would be if they some how managed to reach 15 wins? I don't put much stock in "making progress" if that still means a loss.

latest

Reactions: Ski11585
Would you be OK with that record?

Anything below that a disappointment - anything above it a pleasant surprise?
Nothing is black and white. I think it all depends who hard the team works and if we can keep some games close. I think if we were lower than this, I'd be disappointed and if somehow we can get to 13, I'd be very happy.

Nothing is black and white. I think it all depends who hard the team works and if we can keep some games close. I think if we were lower than this, I'd be disappointed and if somehow we can get to 13, I'd be very happy.

I agree ... it's not black and white. I don't even want to think about the record. I want to get to the point that I enjoy watching the team, which wasn't always the case last year.

We had some pretty bad teams in the mid-90's but I also enjoyed those teams at times.

I have no idea what the final record will be; I'm looking for improvement as the season progresses. But at no point will I give up and just "write this season off". The bench was purposefully expunged. Deliver improvement. JMO.
I love the word expunge nice choice!
# 3 summarizes last season so lets hope this season is an improvement.

Definition of expunge
expunged; expunging
transitive verb
1 :to strike out, obliterate, or mark for deletion
2 :to efface completely :destroy
3 :to eliminate from one's consciousness
  • expunge a memory
I do believe this season will be better than last because its a Stallings team and they'll play as a team. Maybe not as much individual talent but more team talent!

Thanks for responding

I watched Miss St team last year, loaded with 4-5 star freshman, lose by 20 to a more experienced Lehigh team.

If Ben Howland couldn't get his more talented youngsters ready for a mid major, that went 8-6 OOC, I think we should expect KS and this Pitt squad to be fortunate to win 5-6 games.

Many of you sat through the Pitt 74 IUP 58 game in 2014. Was single digits most of the game over a D2 team when Pitt's roster was in better shape.

Also don't lose sight of the fact that a couple key guys are going to get injured and miss some significant time. Young kids just get hurt. I think both Luther and Cam Johnson got hurt early in their careers. C Clark missed all of last year. It just happens.

The kids are going to take their lumps but some of them are going to get loads of experience. Hopefully this rough season will be the springboard to some seasoned 3 and 4 year starters.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
ADVERTISEMENT