ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt soccer game Saturday

as I recall, your guys missed a few point blank shots and other easy opportunities that night. Don’t blame IU for sitting back- we had 1 chance and capitalized.
That’s soccer. Can’t blame you guys. We were the better team and teams like IU do what they need to to try and advance. And they did.

That said, I think that team of ours was better than this one. So how do you see your team playing?

as I recall, your guys missed a few point blank shots and other easy opportunities that night. Don’t blame IU for sitting back- we had 1 chance and capitalized.

I dont. Its just frustrating. Its why soccer can be a great game and a cruel game. I would employ the same strategy if my team was undermanned.

Reactions: jctrack and Chaos
13 seed Indiana beat 12 seed Greensboro 2-0, so we play them on Friday. The other game is 3 seed Syracuse against unseeded Creighton.
What is crazy is Creighton was like 5th or 6th in the big East during regular season. In the Big East tournament they just cruised through it scoring a boatload of goals. I think they are the top scoring team. And here they pick off Duke. I hate Duke soccer and those pricks they have on the field. (Go back to last season if you he need a reminder).
I don’t think playing Creighton in the final would be a good matchup. Beat Indiana and maybe Syracuse pulls out a win.

What is crazy is Creighton was like 5th or 6th in the big East during regular season. In the Big East tournament they just cruised through it scoring a boatload of goals. I think they are the top scoring team. And here they pick off Duke. I hate Duke soccer and those pricks they have on the field. (Go back to last season if you he need a reminder).
I don’t think playing Creighton in the final would be a good matchup. Beat Indiana and maybe Syracuse pulls out a win.
Interesting. Reading your post leads one to believe that Creighton decided to eff it and just go for it. To me, that’s so much better than putting 9 guys inside the 18 and bunkering down.

Interesting. Reading your post leads one to believe that Creighton decided to eff it and just go for it. To me, that’s so much better than putting 9 guys inside the 18 and bunkering down.
Fk - You knowledge of the game is very impressive!

I now consider you the "Pierre McGuire of Soccer"... 👍

Fk - You knowledge of the game is very impressive!

I now consider you the "Pierre McGuire of Soccer"... 👍
Wait, I think that’s a slam. 🤷🏽‍♂️

That said, I always liked Pierre. I don’t know why people don’t like him.

Does anyone know why the link won’t allow us to buy tickets for the semifinal night?
I just blame it on ticketmaster-it's always a cluster. I can't find a ticket link for Friday either.

They've scored six goals in a game four times this season, including a 6-0 win in the Big East semifinal against a Seton Hall team that made the NCAA tournament. They've scored at least three goals in 10 of their 23 games, and they have not been shut out all season.

I dont want to play Syracuse. I didn't see them play this season but they won the ACC regular season, which is the 3rd best league in the country behind MLS and USL. And Vidovich made a comment like they look like a USL team. Every once in awhile, Syracuse puts together a special team like the year they had future USMNT CB Miles Robinson and future Canada CB Kamal Miller. They made the NC that year and I think they do it again

I dont want to play Syracuse. I didn't see them play this season but they won the ACC regular season, which is the 3rd best league in the country behind MLS and USL. And Vidovich made a comment like they look like a USL team. Every once in awhile, Syracuse puts together a special team like the year they had future USMNT CB Miles Robinson and future Canada CB Kamal Miller. They made the NC that year and I think they do it again
Akron

That’s soccer. Can’t blame you guys. We were the better team and teams like IU do what they need to to try and advance. And they did.

That said, I think that team of ours was better than this one. So how do you see your team playing?
It’s been a strange season for IU. We started slow and looked awful at some points during Sep/Oct. GK was a train wreck, as we couldn’t settle on a keeper to replace Celetano (FC Cincy). Our defense has improved and we’ve had just enough scoring as of late.

This IU team is also not as talented as the 2020 squad. We have some nice players but no superstar first team All America types like Celetano and Victor Bezerra. We still have Endely who scored the lone goal against you 2 years ago, but he’s been pretty quiet this year.

I think we’ll play more aggressive then last time vs Pitt. We try to work it up to Ryan Wittenbrink, our top scorer and let him make things happen. Should be a great match.

It’s been a strange season for IU. We started slow and looked awful at some points during Sep/Oct. GK was a train wreck, as we couldn’t settle on a keeper to replace Celetano (FC Cincy). Our defense has improved and we’ve had just enough scoring as of late.

This IU team is also not as talented as the 2020 squad. We have some nice players but no superstar first team All America types like Celetano and Victor Bezerra. We still have Endely who scored the lone goal against you 2 years ago, but he’s been pretty quiet this year.

I think we’ll play more aggressive then last time vs Pitt. We try to work it up to Ryan Wittenbrink, our top scorer and let him make things happen. Should be a great match.
Thanks for this. Should be fun.

Creighton has a player that is a killer goal scorer. He has something like 22 goals this season. As an offense overall I think lead the nation.

• Wow
Reactions: Fk_Pitt and Chaos
Penn took it to Syracuse and should have won that game.

Surprised Endely is still there. Pitt isn't the most athletic team so him being out on the wing worries me. Teams like Marshall, Clemson, Akron (the first game) hurt us from out wide with speedy wingers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT