ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt UNC Defining game for career of PN

I will admit I was behind the contract extension and I'll admit I was wrong,that extension is going to be an albatross to this program unless a miracle happens and someone hires duzz away from us
All that’s left to do is force Narduzzi to resign. Make his life miserable. Heather should hire a “football advisor” to monitor the program. Maybe Lou Riddick. That’ll piss him off…

Reactions: DanMarinoFan1970
Ok..,it’s the day after and I stand by my assertion. This WAS a defining game for PN and it encapsulates his career as a head coach.
He is chronically underachieving. His teams are outcoached, out prepared and sloppy.
That is the definition of a PN coached team.
This is certainly a frustrating season. But I actually think that, if you look at his Pitt career as a whole, he has overachieved. I would not say that he overachieved to a level of like a Bill Snyder, but I still think he has overachieved.

This is certainly a frustrating season. But I actually think that, if you look at his Pitt career as a whole, he has overachieved. I would not say that he overachieved to a level of like a Bill Snyder, but I still think he has overachieved.

He's overachieved because he's a crap coach who somehow lucked out last year. Being a 6-6 or 7-5 coach for him is better than what his coaching abilities suggest.

To me, that is two sides of the same wooden nickel.

At least we didn't pull a Michigan St and give $100M. They were one hit wonders too last year and now sit 3-5 (1-4)

Reactions: Farnox
I’ll repeat what I often say, that Narduzzi is very good for our program in a vacuum. If we were in some stepford wives world of college sports where it was fine to just mosey along with 6-6, 7-5, seasons every year, the 8 win surprise here and there, never any 2-10, 3-9 craters that awaken ire in somnambulant fans , and as long as there are no situations embarrassing the delicate psyches of the Pitt brass … and the ACC is happy to keep sending the big checks for this… it could go on forever. The guy is likable in a yinzer type way, seems to genuinely like and support his players, he won a conf championship no other coach has for us, and bottom line, WE WOULDN’T BRING IN ANYONE BETTER.

But that idyllic (for Pitt admin, anyway) world isn’t going to be the case for much longer. Last offseason gave off more rumblings of the 10.0 richter quake soon to come.

“Why worry about that now, live in the moment!?” Well, since all that Pitt fans usually have are dreams about the future (because the present is typically nothing to cheer about!), we DO have to look ahead more than most. And in particular looking ahead at what NOT is likely to be there by next decade…namely this program.

Last edited:
Ok..,it’s the day after and I stand by my assertion. This WAS a defining game for PN and it encapsulates his career as a head coach.
He is chronically underachieving. His teams are outcoached, out prepared and sloppy.
That is the definition of a PN coached team.
Unfortunately I have to agree with you. It is sad when in year 8 and with a plethora of seniors, the program is still having these issues. I like Narduzzi as a person and as the face of the program but he is an average/mediocre head coach in almost every respect.

We should have seen the regression coming but I think this is a team that should still be winning 8 or 9 games against a tissue soft schedule. I still can't understand how this team almost beat Tennessee.

I've always felt like our realistic ceiling was in the same category as Northwestern over the last few decades. Often mediocre, occasionally good with infrequent finishes within the top 15. My expectations were raised beyond that after last year but I'm back to my original line of thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT