ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vb #3 national seed

I like their draw, frankly. Penn State is a very good team, but not the same caliber as in the past. Purdue is the biggest obstacle to final four.

Pitts record against NCAA tourney teams is 10-3. BYU and Purdue are the most concerning opponents in their draw.

Reactions: HOF Coach
Do we know if Lund is going to play I heard she was hurt when I asked why she wasn’t playing against Louisville. If she plays Pitt has a great chance to go to the final 4.

Do we know if Lund is going to play I heard she was hurt when I asked why she wasn’t playing against Louisville. If she plays Pitt has a great chance to go to the final 4.
Yeah, I'd like to know that too. They kept saying during the Louisville match that she could go if needed, but also said that she didn't warm up. That kind of made me wonder if maybe she is more injured than they're letting on, but they didn't want to lose their projected high seed if word got out that she can't play. H2P

Reactions: Purdue_Panther
What are the days/approx times for Round 1, 2, 3, and 4?

Round one for Pitt's group is on Friday. Pitt plays at 7:00.

Moronically, round two in Pitt's group is Saturday, also at 7:00. So in other words, they'll be playing the volleyball match when the football game starts. There are matches earlier in the day on Saturday. Why on earth is the Pitt match not one of them?

I like their draw, frankly. Penn State is a very good team, but not the same caliber as in the past.

Penn State was at least under consideration for a top 16 seed. They are a much tougher opponent than the three seed should be playing in the second round.

But the NCAA doesn't take stuff like that into account. They only care that Penn State is a relatively short bus ride to Pitt. It's the same reason that Pitt had to play at Penn State in the tournament a couple years in a row. The NCAA would rather save a few bucks than bracket the tournament correctly.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: FireballZ and Chaos
Penn State was at least under consideration for a top 16 seed. They are a much tougher opponent than the three seed should be playing in the second round.

But the NCAA doesn't take stuff like that into account. They only care that Penn State is a relatively short bus ride to Pitt. It's the same reason that Pitt had to play at Penn State in the tournament a couple years in a row. The NCAA would rather save a few bucks than bracket the tournament correctly.

What gets me mad is they do this to a lesser extent even in the men's basketball tournament. They'll move a seed up or down a line so they can play 6 hours from home rather than a flight over a few time zones. Just seed the effing teams and have 1 play 64, 2 plays 63, 3 plays 62, etc. Now, fine if there is truly no difference and you can keep teams close to home, fine, but dont move a team up or down a seed line.

Moronically, round two in Pitt's group is Saturday, also at 7:00. So in other words, they'll be playing the volleyball match when the football game starts. There are matches earlier in the day on Saturday. Why on earth is the Pitt match not one of them?

Pitt can't get out of its own way on this stuff. Potentially big NCAAT game vs PSU and its opposite one of the biggest football games in decades instead of being played at almost any other time. I mean even if they moved it to 6, maybe they can have advertise a football watch party after or something like that. Just doesn't make any sense.

Even soccer this weekend, they couldn't start the game at 4:15 or 4:30 and try to get people to go go both? They literally did not mention the soccer game 1 time at the basketball game. I doubt many basketball fans would have walked up after but at least hype it up a little bit. They also didn't mention Pitt soccer at all during the UVa football game other than showing the "this week in Panthers Athletics graphics" but it didn't even say it was an NCAA Tournament game. It wouldn't have hurt anyone to have a 30 second promo video for the soccer team

This same thing happened the last time.

I’m thinking of taking a tv to a tailgate and using my phone as a hotspot and streaming the match while we pregame. Hoping it works.

I'm going to see if Tepper can put it up on the jumbotron. He's a futbol guy now. Charlotte fans can get a look at Loefflesand, Jacquesson, and Jack Lynn from ND for the upcoming draft. They have the #1 pick

Saturday night, 3 of the biggest Pitt sporting events in the last several decades will be starting within 3 hours of each other. There had to be another way.

Soccer Elite 8 at 5 (away)
Volleyball Round of 32 at 7
ACCCG at 8
Aren't you the one who says Pitt should drop Olympic sports and nothing matters but football? Why would you care if only 5 fans show up for a volleyball match?

Aren't you the one who says Pitt should drop Olympic sports and nothing matters but football? Why would you care if only 5 fans show up for a volleyball match?

No. I said to fund them at D3ish levels until basketball and football are fixed.

But if you're going to have them and pay good money for coaches, and have elite teams, its best to not play your biggest game in years opposite the football team's biggest game in years. It just kinda makes sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT