ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt visit - Alier Maluk

Can someone tell me why the Pitt on the chest is not outlined in white ? always drove me nuts.
also I hate the white home ones, they need updated.

Can someone tell me why the Pitt on the chest is not outlined in white ? always drove me nuts.

In both basketball and football, the throwbacks we wore from 2016 - 2018 were better than the current uniforms.

usa_today_12333710.0.jpg

20170218mfpittsports13-4-1568593848.jpg

DH2_1391.jpg

Current ones in either sport aren't terrible at all, but they're not as good as the throwbacks. The football ones will look silly and dated someday because of the number font, and the basketball ones kind of look like practice uniforms or something. The ones above are simply better uniforms. I wish we'd have just added a panther head logo to the shorts and called it a day.

Last edited:
Its weird because they don't use 3 colors like the 80s/90s Pitt uniforms did. For the home whites, they just use blue lettering. No yellow outlining or anything. On the road blues, there's just yellow letters, no white at all. I don't like it

The new football uniforms are significantly better than the throwbacks, especially the home uniforms. The white numbers are weird to me, and I hate the gray facemasks on the helmets.

The throwback basketball uniforms (except for the yellow ones, which are great) look like they were thrown together in ten minutes at a t-shirt shop somewhere.

Look good, play good.
Actually looking forward to the season for the first time in awhile.
Want to see what Dior can do with Hugley .

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
The new football uniforms are significantly better than the throwbacks, especially the home uniforms. The white numbers are weird to me, and I hate the gray facemasks on the helmets.

The throwback basketball uniforms (except for the yellow ones, which are great) look like they were thrown together in ten minutes at a t-shirt shop somewhere.

I think you'd be in a very small minority with that opinion. These are about as good as it gets.

S_Uniforms_File.jpg

Reactions: PITTstorm
It’s clearer on the blue basketball throwbacks: Pitt is in yellow with a white outline (which makes sense since yellow is Pitt’s second color, and white is an accent color), but the numbers are reversed, in white with a yellow outline. It’s jarring and it looks like a counterfeit uniform.

Even on the football uniforms, you don’t quite have that same problem (though you do have the small Pitt script in just yellow), but it’s something about the white numbers with the yellow outline on the blue background makes the numbers not stand out. And I strongly prefer the cathedral font to block numbers.

It’s clearer on the blue basketball throwbacks: Pitt is in yellow with a white outline (which makes sense since yellow is Pitt’s second color, and white is an accent color), but the numbers are reversed, in white with a yellow outline. It’s jarring and it looks like a counterfeit uniform.

Even on the football uniforms, you don’t quite have that same problem (though you do have the small Pitt script in just yellow), but it’s something about the white numbers with the yellow outline on the blue background makes the numbers not stand out. And I strongly prefer the cathedral font to block numbers.

That doesn't bother me so much, but I think an argument can be made for them having an over-simplified Etsy feel to them. I think the Panther head on the shorts would tie them together, though.

Our current basketball uniforms look like practice attire to me. Like weird replicas, as opposed to formal, embroidered uniforms. They just look cheap and unofficial, in my opinion.

The oversized panther head on the shorts looks ridiculous. Would rather have another stripe and a small p.

I agree with both of you. It’s a complaint with the Nike template. There are a bunch of schools right now that have the “big stripe down one side, big logo on other side” uniform right now - Michigan State and Kentucky off the top of my head.

I really hope that in our next home/road uniforms (whenever that might be, this year or next year) they follow the basic model of the black and yellow city uniforms, with two thin stripes down each side, just with the Pitt script instead of the big “P” (another Nike thing).

And I’ll keep banging the drum for a yellow alternate with the script “Panthers”

I feel like I remember reading last year that Alier moved to Pittsburgh when he was a very young child.

Seems like he is a good kid who works very hard to improve his game.
Where he is headed is more important than where he's from. He has a bright future.

This is him from a few years ago at a place called Grit. I had a couple of girls teams there. Ended up watching him trying to figure out how a 6'5" kid was running point at a U12 (maybe U13) tournament.

Seems like he is a good kid who works very hard to improve his game.
Where he is headed is more important than where he's from. He has a bright future.
Come on now, the color/design of the uniform he’s wearing is way more important than where he’s headed or where he’s from.

Reactions: USN_Panther
Just stop with this idiotic crap.
What crap? I remember reading an article about him a few years ago. I want to say it was a local church that brought the family here. There is a civil war in South Sudan (though not sure if that's where he is actually from but his name is Sudanese) so its reasonable to think the family was fleeing war...........or was brought by a handler as just just about all African bigs are.

What crap? I remember reading an article about him a few years ago. I want to say it was a local church that brought the family here. There is a civil war in South Sudan (though not sure if that's where he is actually from but his name is Sudanese) so its reasonable to think the family was fleeing war...........or was brought by a handler as just just about all African bigs are.
Watch the video. There’s a whole clip of O’Toole talking to him about South Sudan, and other guys O’Toole has coached who are also South Sudanese. He’s Manute Bol’s nephew.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT