ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Volleyball #9 In the Country

Fantastic they certainly are deserving after this weekend. It hurts them that the acc is weak in the rankings. It’s all about making the tourney but even if they win out I doubt they get in the top five. Because of the acc their rpi (is this a volleyball thing?) won’t gain a lot of respect.

Reactions: HOF Coach
Yes, volleyball RPI is a real thing and unfortunately they use the RPI as a big factor into seeding and who makes the NCAA tournament. You're right about the ACC being weak and hurting them in the end.

Here's the link to last year's RPI:

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/volleyball-women/d1/ncaa-womens-volleyball-rpi

If anyone is looking for some good info on the volleyball landscape, check out VolleyTalk

Reactions: HOF Coach and H2P28
The moment of the match for me was deep in the 3rd set. The match was well in hand, momentum completely one-sided, but Fisher got Williams' attention, told her to adjust her serve (short), which moments later led to a final dagger of an ace to an overmatched Washington club. Total mastery.

It was awesome being there to see them triumph so emphatically. Just another year of Fisher outperforming expectations. Honestly, I have no idea who our go-to is - we're just that good on the outside. Markovic is the most complete player, but Lund has emerged so much with her added responsbility.

Would LOVE to see this team make it to Minneapolis the year before Pittsburgh is set to host the Final 4! Might be setting my hopes and expectations high but hey, we're all dreamers in the end!

ADVERTISEMENT