ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Volleyball teasing a big announcement this afternoon

First thoughts on the OOC - surprised there aren’t one or two more big marquee matchups there. Do have PSU and Marquette at home, @Oregon and @USC, but I feel like they normally have 5 matches against P4 tourney teams? Glad we got Stanford at home, and home/home with GT and Louisville as it should be

Reactions: vantheman1976

First thoughts on the OOC - surprised there aren’t one or two more big marquee matchups there. Do have PSU and Marquette at home, @Oregon and @USC, but I feel like they normally have 5 matches against P4 tourney teams? Glad we got Stanford at home, and home/home with GT and Louisville as it should be
Feel like adding Stanford kind of amps up the conference schedule considerably- so maybe the desire to drop another top ooc match.

I love that Penn State is midweek — will have a unique spotlight - won’t conflict with any football of any kind- should be a fantastic atmosphere.

Schedule looks difficult. Pepperdine and UCSB both made the tournament. Not awesome programs but still good enough. The conference schedule is a good bit harder this season. Play GaTech, SMU, and Louisville twice. Stanford and Florida State once. Miami is trending upwards along with UNC. Roughly a third of the schedule will be against ranked teams. Give or take.

I like the west coast swing. Good opportunity for recruiting.

Also, Wednesday night at home against PSU? Assuming that will be a made for TV game?

November 30th looks like a good date for a game at the Pete? Might not be a bad idea to play GaTech in the last game in front of a huge crowd with an away game at Louisville in the Yum Center a couple days earlier.

Also, Wednesday night at home against PSU? Assuming that will be a made for TV game?

November 30th looks like a good date for a game at the Pete? Might not be a bad idea to play GaTech in the last game in front of a huge crowd with an away game at Louisville in the Yum Center a couple days earlier.
From Pitt's schedule announcement:

"Pitt returns for a four-match home slate as it takes on in state rival Penn State (Sept. 18) in the first of two games at the Petersen Event Center.

Pitt squares off with rival Louisville in the Petersen Events Center (Oct. 25) before hosting Notre Dame (Oct. 27) in the Fitzgerald Field House."

I suspect that they might have something special cooked up for the last game at Fitzgerald.

Might need to bring my daughter to that USC match. Are 9 months old ok for sporting events with noise?

Reactions: Chaos
From Pitt's schedule announcement:

"Pitt returns for a four-match home slate as it takes on in state rival Penn State (Sept. 18) in the first of two games at the Petersen Event Center.

Pitt squares off with rival Louisville in the Petersen Events Center (Oct. 25) before hosting Notre Dame (Oct. 27) in the Fitzgerald Field House."
Thank you. Wonder if mid-week and Friday night will do as well as the Saturday game last year?

Schedule looks difficult. Pepperdine and UCSB both made the tournament. Not awesome programs but still good enough. The conference schedule is a good bit harder this season. Play GaTech, SMU, and Louisville twice. Stanford and Florida State once. Miami is trending upwards along with UNC. Roughly a third of the schedule will be against ranked teams. Give or take.

I like the west coast swing. Good opportunity for recruiting.

Yup. UCSB took us 4 sets the last time we went there in 2016. Pepperdine took us to five sets when we went to Malibu back in 2019.

No slouches.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT