ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs Cincinnati

I'm excited. The first game showed that the new offensive system can work, and it certainly provided more excitement than last year's offense.

Certainly, a supposed step up in competition should let us make a better judgment. Eli should improve the more work he gets, and I see a lot of potential. Kenny Johnson is the best receiver we've had since Addison. Absolutely love his potential. It's nice seeing Bart become more used -- a welcome departure from the previous regime. Interested in seeing how Lee and Williams develop. Still wondering if Konata can become a good reliable receiver. One can see the potential, but I'm not yet 100% in his fan club. J.J Laster has done a nice job with the receiving corps; it appeared as if they were all running precise patterns.

Desmond Reid is worth the price of admission himself -- he's a thrilling player. I do worry about his stature and using him as a return guy. However, that decision is above my pay grade.

I want more out of the defensive line. Of course, some of those young guys should improve as the season progresses. The linebackers were a pleasant surprise, but I did expect more from the safeties.

Overall, I'm looking forward to Saturday and step 2 of the season. Truly hope the team can keep the momentum going. It would be nice having an unblemished record when WVU comes to town. But first, we need to get through Saturday.

I don't know if I'm excited (after years of misery I've trained myself not to get too excited regardless). I am very much interested to see how this game goes. Not to be overly dramatic but this is really a must win game for Pitt if they are going to have any kind of interesting season. Should be a winnable game but we'll see.

I think the key to the game is actually going to be how our O Line plays. If we give Holstein a clean pocket he has shown that he can deliver the ball. Our WR's and TE's can get open and Reid can put up some yards but all of this is predicated on good protection and moving people off the line of scrimage. I'm really worried about Corleone. That guy single handedly destroyed us last year. Maybe he won't be in game shape due to sitting out so much time but if he's ready he will give our line all they want.

I'm cautiously optimistic but also worried. I've seen too many of these games where we came in with a little momentum and looked good the previous week and then absolutely crapped the bed. I would not be surprised to see Pitt win by 14 or lose by 20. I hope it's the former.

Cruzer

Reactions: Harlo4PITT
I don't know if I'm excited (after years of misery I've trained myself not to get too excited regardless). I am very much interested to see how this game goes. Not to be overly dramatic but this is really a must win game for Pitt if they are going to have any kind of interesting season. Should be a winnable game but we'll see.

I think the key to the game is actually going to be how our O Line plays. If we give Holstein a clean pocket he has shown that he can deliver the ball. Our WR's and TE's can get open and Reid can put up some yards but all of this is predicated on good protection and moving people off the line of scrimage. I'm really worried about Corleone. That guy single handedly destroyed us last year. Maybe he won't be in game shape due to sitting out so much time but if he's ready he will give our line all they want.

I'm cautiously optimistic but also worried. I've seen too many of these games where we came in with a little momentum and looked good the previous week and then absolutely crapped the bed. I would not be surprised to see Pitt win by 14 or lose by 20. I hope it's the former.

Cruzer
Godfather coming back from blood clots on his lungs and limited in practice, it will be interesting to see how many snaps he gets Saturday, and what kind of shape he's in. Factor in Pitt's tempo... I can't see him being that much of a factor Saturday. If he is, lawd help us.

Reactions: H2P2010
Pitt gave me a reason to be excited after week one. The team showed growth from last year and I want them to continue to build throughout the early part of the season.

I look forward to every game.

They run a 3-4 defense, so spread them out and and make them defend the whole field. Go quick to tire Corleone, he's a big dude and not likely in game shape yet. Make him run horizontally. We can move the ball and score points against them. I think we'll see more of Holstein's legs this game.

Most of the defensive pressure last game was when they blitzed. Gonna need to do that again, and assume it will be a reoccurring theme all season. Expect they'll give up a few big plays too, but hopefully make some of their own.

Reactions: cashisking884
Godfather coming back from blood clots on his lungs and limited in practice, it will be interesting to see how many snaps he gets Saturday, and what kind of shape he's in. Factor in Pitt's tempo... I can't see him being that much of a factor Saturday. If he is, lawd help us.
He’ll be a factor when he is in there.

Is the cinci qb any good?

I’m excited for this game in the sense that the tone will change substantially depending on the outcome

I think it could be a shootout as well. Give me Pitt 38-35 😏.

Didn’t get to watch much of Pitt-Kent St, but defense was not impressive.

Is the cinci qb any good?

I’m excited for this game in the sense that the tone will change substantially depending on the outcome

The Cincy QB is a transfer from Indiana. I don't know much about him. Just from watching a few minutes to get a vague idea, he looks a little raw - still developing. I think he's a RS Sophomore. He's a dual threat guy, more of an opportunistic tough runner than a speed guy. Has a fairly strong arm.

Yeah I saw that he had a decent amount of playing time at Indiana with some numbers that weren’t bad. But that’s all I know about him. Not sure if he lost his job got hurt or what

Yeah I saw that he had a decent amount of playing time at Indiana with some numbers that weren’t bad. But that’s all I know about him. Not sure if he lost his job got hurt or what
I think he kept his job from mid-season through the rest of the year. IU had a coaching change, so I guess left that left things up in the air there. Not sure exactly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT