ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs UCLA

Pitt and UCLA have met 14 times, the most recent, a 38-28 Pitt loss Sept. 16, 1972.

Their RB will remind you of James Conner. Like Pitt’s chances of shutting down their strength. Not sure if their QB will play. Who knows who gets on the teams’ respective planes. Lol.

Reactions: Farnox and jctrack
Hard to believe that they played that many times, but not since 1972.
Was a rivalry from 58 through 72.

Why at the announcement were both team helmets old versions? Pitt was the blue helmet and UCLA was with dark blue script… neither was current? Who’s in charge of this stuff? 😂

The hoops team is playing UNC on 12/30, possibly at the same time. I think that would be more interesting and meaningful than an exhibition football game with many starters not playing. Who knows though. They might push the basketball game to a night game.

The hoops team is playing UNC on 12/30, possibly at the same time. I think that would be more interesting and meaningful than an exhibition football game with many starters not playing. Who knows though. They might push the basketball game to a night game.
The football game is at 2 and I heard the basketball game would be 7.

Must be a new thing this year, but I heard the Bowl was going to count in the teams' records!

The Pitt team is known in El Paso having been to this bowl in the past.
Amazing welcome and entertaintment they gave us.

The last time UCLA played Pitt was in 1972. A familiar guy was the QB for the Bruins.
FjKisJaWYAISWA5

Two teams that cant draw flies to home games

In a bowl that no one cares to travel to.

We should have known this would be our destination. No need to wait till selection day.

Wait until you hear about their cross town rivals equally famous actor that won the Heisman a few years prior.
I'll assume you are talking about the thespian who was snubbed for the best supporting actor Oscar for his role as Officer Nordberg in the classic film The Naked Gun

Reactions: ratking17
I was a Sophomore in 72. Knew a lot of these guys. Graduated high school with Jancisin. Wanny was my neighbor in 71. Tower A 17th floor.
Still buddies with Patterson and Kovacic. Thanks for the walk down memory lane.
I'm sure Gary Patterson is a great guy. 👍

ADVERTISEMENT