ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Women’s Basketball Earns Another Commitment!

VincePITT

Sophomore
Jul 9, 2008
Western, PA
Pitt received a verbal from Theresa Hagans a 5'9" Point Guard in the 2025 class. Hagans attends Bishop Ireton in Virginia and plays club basketball for Boo Williams EYBL. Pitt adds another prospect to its 2025 class that already includes Macie Arzner, a guard prospect out of Oregon. The Panthers’ staff has offered more than 20 high-school prospects in the classes of 2025, 2026, and 2027.

Last year they lost 6-7 games they could've won. This year I look at the players they have and expect 15-16 win season!
I expext them to do better. I don't see elite talent, but I do see an experienced
backcourt with depth. I do see Malcolm starting due to her shotmaking ability.
Our other returning guards, Battle, Marley, and Perkins might find themselves as
substitutes due to transfers from better programs. Verdi has experienced numbers
in the backcourt and he might go for a lot of presses due to these numbers. Either way,
this should be our best backourt in years.

As for the inside, we've been very weak (other than King) for years. We're now showing
some much needed height, and again transfers from better programs. There's experience
with these players, but how they jell and adjust to Pitt remains to be seen.

I feel Verdi has improved the talent level across the board. However, we compete in the ACC.
I've posted for years that IMO we've been playing with A-10 talent. I feel we've improved on
that level, but how much? We'll soon find out, but I do believe we can improve on our W-L
record with this group. Getting out of the bottom level and moving towards the middle of
the ACC would be a step in the right direction IMO.

Reactions: jctrack
I expext them to do better. I don't see elite talent, but I do see an experienced
backcourt with depth. I do see Malcolm starting due to her shotmaking ability.
Our other returning guards, Battle, Marley, and Perkins might find themselves as
substitutes due to transfers from better programs. Verdi has experienced numbers
in the backcourt and he might go for a lot of presses due to these numbers. Either way,
this should be our best backourt in years.

As for the inside, we've been very weak (other than King) for years. We're now showing
some much needed height, and again transfers from better programs. There's experience
with these players, but how they jell and adjust to Pitt remains to be seen.

I feel Verdi has improved the talent level across the board. However, we compete in the ACC.
I've posted for years that IMO we've been playing with A-10 talent. I feel we've improved on
that level, but how much? We'll soon find out, but I do believe we can improve on our W-L
record with this group. Getting out of the bottom level and moving towards the middle of
the ACC would be a step in the right direction IMO.
Team was thin to begin with.

Losing the Kansas transfer and the foreign recruit is a kill shot.

Losing freshman forward to injury for the year hurts too.

Last edited:
Team was thin to begin with.

Losing the Kansas transfer and the foreign recruit is a kill shot.
Thanks. I guess I wasn't aware of transfer and foreign losses?
I looked up what I thought was the current roster. Are those losses
reflected on the roster list?

Last edited:
;)
Ok, I did look at the same list when I previously posted. Looks like we have two transfers
on the inside...6'4" and 6'3", plus Rust who's listed at 6'0". Rust didn't impress last year, and
the two transfers have height which we really need. My sense is it will be a guard oriented
team. Once again the inside bodies aren't there in numbers. Let's see what Verdi can cook
up with this roster. How about a Volleyball transfer like we had several years ago.;)

After joking above about a volleyball player joining the team, I watched our
#1 team literally destroy #3 PSU. We have a few girls who can really sky.
Stafford 6'2 and Babcock 6'4" really get up in the air. Kelly is also 6'4". Obviously
I know nothing of their bball skills, but can you imagine the three of them with
their height and vertical on the boards for Pitt bball. Never gonna happen....just sayin.

Last edited:
Ok, I did look at the same list when I previously posted. Looks like we have two transfers
on the inside...6'4" and 6'3", plus Rust who's listed at 6'0". Rust didn't impress last year, and
the two transfers have height which we really need. My sense is it will be a guard oriented
team. Once again the inside bodies aren't there in numbers. Let's see what Verdi can cook
up with this roster. How about a Volleyball transfer like we had several years ago.;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT