ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt women beat FSU wvol

They still are tied for First with Louisville and N.C. State. But, those teams play each other, so one of them will lose. Other than that game, all 3 play Duke, which is 7-7. Our other 5 matches are against Wake, GT, Clemson, VT and UVA, who are 5 of the 6 bottom teams in the league. If we play the way we have been playing, we should share the conference championship.

They still are tied for First with Louisville and N.C. State. But, those teams play each other, so one of them will lose. Other than that game, all 3 play Duke, which is 7-7. Our other 5 matches are against Wake, GT, Clemson, VT and UVA, who are 5 of the 6 bottom teams in the league. If we play the way we have been playing, we should share the conference championship.
At worst, we should share. We have a great chance to end up 18-2 in ACC.

Reactions: California Panther

Would we make the NCAAT? I read on here that the ACC is not a good volleyball league, surprisingly.

Would we make the NCAAT? I read on here that the ACC is not a good volleyball league, surprisingly.

If the season ended today we'd be safely in. The problem for us is that my guess is that we would end up seeded second in the same sub-regional with Penn State, who is the clear number one in the country right now. So we'd have a decent chance to win one game, and almost no chance to win two.

Yes they did. The issue is that they like to keep teams as local as they can in the first two rounds to cut down on travel. So for instance if they think we "should" be seeded as a two in the Texas group and Texas A&M "should" be the two in the Penn State group they will switch us so neither team has to travel far.

Like Joe said, right now we are easily in. We have an RPI of 28 right now and have played a really good schedule with close to 50% of our games against top 50 RPI teams. I think we'll end up getting a 2 seed, but like Joe says, we could get PSU again in the 2nd round. The ACC isn't nearly as good as the Big 10 or Pac 12, but other than that, he conference is as good as any other. Our program will continue to get better and better as long as we can keep Fischer, who is a very, very good coach.

Reactions: Chaos and persp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT