ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt women lose to Louisville 77-53

mike10003

Redshirt
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2009
In case any regulars want to comment on what they watched lol. Louisville didn’t look as good as they usually do, and they have like 3 or 4 losses this year, but went up by 30 and cruised. Felt like nobody could make a basket for Pitt

Reactions: cabe23
No surprise today, it's
now ACC time. We were
down 30 after 3 qtrs. I
agree with the OP, L'Ville
is not as good as usual.
Unfortunately the gap
between ACC teams and
us is wide, REAL wide. We
were destroyed on the
boards 41-26. Really, we
can't criticize our young
women, they try hard.
The height disadvantage
will show throughout the
rest of the season.

Talent? Well, Van Lith is
on a whole other level.
6-13 Fg's, 3-5 threes, and
5-5 Ft's.. As a whole they
were over 50% as a team
on Fg's and threes, 92%
on FT's. I won't mention
ours, UGH.

One thing I noticed is
how well L'Ville gets
out on the break, is
able to limit the dribble,
and pass on the run.
I hope Hayford got a
good look at that. How
can your starting pt guard
go scoreless, have NO
assists, and 3 TO's? They
do hustle, and try hard.
I feel bad for our players.
they're way in over their
head in this league.

Last edited:
I tried to watch it but man it was embarassing. White has to be done. There has been no progress.

I thought we should have just forfeited this game…. ☹️

Are any of the volleyball players available - even just to rebound?

Go Pitt.

Reactions: FireballZ
It’s not just that they lose. It’s the margins of the losses against every ACC top and middling ACC teams. And they lose to bottom teams as well.

Are any of the volleyball players available - even just to rebound?
That's a good idea, but they're probably more valuable to us playing Volleyball rather than risking injury with this team.😂

White probably wouldn't even know what to do with them.

🤔Maybe Fisher can coach basketball also. 😁

Sidenote....saw Jermaine O'neal, formerly of the Indiana Pacers, daughter won the Volleyball national championship last night with Texas. She was dominant.

That's a good idea, but they're probably more valuable to us playing Volleyball rather than risking injury with this team.😂

White probably wouldn't even know what to do with them.

🤔Maybe Fisher can coach basketball also. 😁

Sidenote....saw Jermaine O'neal, formerly of the Indiana Pacers, daughter won the Volleyball national championship last night with Texas. She was dominant.
The last time the women’s BB team went to the NCAA tourney it was volleyball player Monica Wignot who helped the team. immensely. She was 6-3 post player and played BB as a grad student after a successful 4 years with the VB team. She was on Coach Fisher’s first team at Pitt.

Tragically, she died in a car accident back in March at age 29…

Reactions: cease10
I didn't bother going today, and only casually followed along on the gametracker, because the game played out exactly the way I expected and I have no interest in watching them get destroyed like that.

Sometime after the game started I had the box score up on ESPN, and according to them Louisville was a 12 point favorite. If I had seen that before the game it may have been enough to get me to open an account with one of the betting sites, because there was no way that Pitt was keeping the game that close, or even close to it.

I don't know what it ended up, but at the end of the 3rd quarter Pitt had taken two more shots than Louisville, and had made something like 14 fewer shots. That is astounding. Louisville was shooting somewhere in the 60%s and Pitt was shooting a little over 20%.

I didn't bother going today, and only casually followed along on the gametracker, because the game played out exactly the way I expected and I have no interest in watching them get destroyed like that.

Sometime after the game started I had the box score up on ESPN, and according to them Louisville was a 12 point favorite. If I had seen that before the game it may have been enough to get me to open an account with one of the betting sites, because there was no way that Pitt was keeping the game that close, or even close to it.

I don't know what it ended up, but at the end of the 3rd quarter Pitt had taken two more shots than Louisville, and had made something like 14 fewer shots. That is astounding. Louisville was shooting somewhere in the 60%s and Pitt was shooting a little over 20%.

Well if you didn't go to
this one, I'm not sure
which ACC game you will
attend. They maybe,
and I stress maybe have
a chance vs Clemson..
North Alabama (?) is
next, and that could be
their next and last W.

You didn't miss much.
L'ville was better than
Pitt in all phases. We
got decent performances
from Exanor and Gabby.
The three frosh seem to
improve as the season
goes on. However in this
league they're nothing
special..I do see some
improvement in the sr's
and jr's play, but the talent
is A-10 at best. They simply
cannot compete in this
league. To me the question
is.....will Lyke continue with
White? This is his 5th yr
and there appears to be
no program improvement.

Last edited:
Baffles me that Coach starts Hayford and freshman Washenitz. Especially against Louisville.

King, Hutcherson, Johnson and Harris should be starting, IMHO. Point guard doesn’t seem to matter, but I’d play Clesca if Lewis is injured. Sub in Harris, Brown, Strickland and Exanor.

But nothing will matter until they get a decent post player with some height…

Go Pitt.

Reactions: Chescat
I agree with youir comments.
As for Hayford, i don't get
it either. God athlete, she's
quick, but not a Bball player.
She has looked much better
this yr, but L'Ville's up tempo
was the last thing she
needed. She resorted to
her wild and crazy ways,
and only got 9 minutes.

Well if you didn't go to
this one, I'm not sure
which ACC game you will
attend. They maybe,
and I stress maybe have
a chance vs Clemson..

They'll have a chance, note, not saying they will win, merely have a chance, in several games. For instance their next conference home game is against Miami on New Year's Day. They'll have a chance at that one. Then comes Clemson, who lost to South Carolina by more than 50. They'll have a chance in that one. And the BC game later this season is another one. And the game against Syracuse would be another one.

Of course they could lose all of those as well. And there could be, and probably will be, another game or two that ends up being closer than one would expect, just because that sort of thing happens all the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT