ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt wrestling fans: What would you like to ask Keith Gavin?

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
I'm going to have an opportunity to speak with Pitt wrestling coach Keith Gavin this week, and while I have some things I want to ask him, I thought I'd open it to the forum since I know there are some wrestling fans on here.

If you have a Pitt wrestling question, post it in this thread. I'll try to ask as many as I can when I get a chance.

Thanks.

I'd like to know what his beliefs are in regards to his style of coaching and teaching and how he handles his team.

Also, what some of his favorite drills for maintaining proper fundamentals?

Does he feel like if he is recruiting the way he thinks they should and they can would more than 3/4 of his starting lineup come from in-state recruits?

What upgrades are in the works to the workout facility and how far away is funding the full 6 athletes for RTC?

1. What is the likelihood that the NCAA will adopt the Blue Ribbon Panel's proposal for a single-semester season with a dual match championship a month after individual championships? How does he feel about the proposal?
2. Can/will the RTC bring in Army WCAP athletes to improve the "room"? Does the Army pick up the salary for those guys? What does it cost the wrestling club?

What does he think about funding for an on campus stadium for Pitt Football? What are his feelings about tarping off Heinz Field?

Sorry had to get that out of the system.

1) how much difference is recruiting today with all these wrestling clubs as opposed to before?

2) He had stated the importance of the RTC in the past, how much money per year is needed to fund a RTC properly?

3) How much different does he find the ACC compared to the EWL that he wrestled in?

Eli is a permanent medical so he won't ever compete for us.
Yep, that's what Gavin said. I spoke to him this morning and he said he's a student assistant with the team and was on medical before Gavin even got to Pitt.

Reactions: cabe23
What does he think about funding for an on campus stadium for Pitt Football? What are his feelings about tarping off Heinz Field?

Sorry had to get that out of the system.

1) how much difference is recruiting today with all these wrestling clubs as opposed to before?

2) He had stated the importance of the RTC in the past, how much money per year is needed to fund a RTC properly?

3) How much different does he find the ACC compared to the EWL that he wrestled in?
Thanks for asking these. Unfortunately I spoke to Gavin this morning, so I didn't get a chance to ask these questions (although we touched on some of the topics, like the RTC and the ACC).

Yep, that's what Gavin said. I spoke to him this morning and he said he's a student assistant with the team and was on medical before Gavin even got to Pitt.

Eli’s injury was really severe. He tried really hard to come back last season but just couldn’t get healthy enough to compete.

Ha chris didn't realize you handle the wrestling/Olympic board, I really believe this is one sport that piitt can strictly recruit 1/2 the state of pa and and be a top 10 team.

ADVERTISEMENT