ADVERTISEMENT

Plum hoarder house

Seems like an odd situation where, instead of being defiant, the homeowner recognizes there’s a problem but just won’t (can’t?) do anything about it?

Looks like some of the backyards in my neighborhood. But then I'll have to pay $500 to fix a block of sidewalk that is more than .75 inches lower than the next block, or a threat for a $1,000/day fine if I don't snip the inch of my tree jutting out over the road, and I have to pay $500 just a special consideration and another $1,200 for a survey to build a fence on my corner lot yard even though I walk past 50 corner lot fences every damn day.

But yeah - this house reminds me of the one that 7-foot dude from the OKC Thunder trashed. He was like the 2nd pick overall or something.

You should see what someone like that can do with a couple acres out in the countryside of Central PA.
Growing up in northwest pa it was quite common for your side lawn to also serve as your junkyard with your old vehicles. I even had a neighbor that used his old cars and vans as his property line with his other neighbor because they were always getting into fight.

Growing up in northwest pa it was quite common for your side lawn to also serve as your junkyard with your old vehicles. I even had a neighbor that used his old cars and vans as his property line with his other neighbor because they were always getting into fight.
Yeah, you have to be careful what battles you fight out here. It's not like the local authority is going to go out of their way to intervene. Short of a criminal act, you could end up with having to look at some sort of mess like that and nobody is going to do anything about it.

Yeah, you have to be careful what battles you fight out here. It's not like the local authority is going to go out of their way to intervene. Short of a criminal act, you could end up with having to look at some sort of mess like that and nobody is going to do anything about it.

sometimes the best neighbor is a good fence

Reactions: ratking17
Agree. The myth of "country folk" being friendlier or just more polite to each other has been torched by my experiences. No matter where you live, best to keep to yourself.
I was in Australia, I was riding in a car with a native and it was rural farm area and I would see houses with just stuff everywhere, old cars, couches etc...and I said to him, "I guess hillbillies are all the same over the world!" He laughed.

This is BS. All those items are garbage and not re-saleable, broken TV, old used carpet, nasty mattresses. Give her a notice of 30 days to clean up the place or if she doesn't, bring in a dozer and several dumpsters. Then send her the bill. It's a residential community not a landfill.

Yea, the stuff is outside. How much of that stuff could survive years of Pittsburgh weather? Make a new ordinance and throw the crap away. Does this plan not have an HOA?

Reactions: BillyWestFan
I was in Australia, I was riding in a car with a native and it was rural farm area and I would see houses with just stuff everywhere, old cars, couches etc...and I said to him, "I guess hillbillies are all the same over the world!" He laughed.
Even better. Pierre hide your eyes to this part because I know it makes you insane and angry, at the time I was living in Morgantown. It was St Patricks Day and I went out to some pub to celebrate. Australians like to drink if you don't know, plus they speak English. So I am sitting at this bar, they have some folk Irish type bad playing and they start playing "Almost Heaven" and people are singing and I am laughing and I told the bartender, "you are not going to believe this" and I showed him my WV driver's license. I drank free the rest of the night!

Even better. Pierre hide your eyes to this part because I know it makes you insane and angry, at the time I was living in Morgantown. It was St Patricks Day and I went out to some pub to celebrate. Australians like to drink if you don't know, plus they speak English. So I am sitting at this bar, they have some folk Irish type bad playing and they start playing "Almost Heaven" and people are singing and I am laughing and I told the bartender, "you are not going to believe this" and I showed him my WV driver's license. I drank free the rest of the night!
Not sure about the Aussies speaking English part though.

Probably speak English better than west virginians
Very true.
Was having a laugh yesterday at some Instagram clip showing misspelled signs. Showed my wife and she brought up this time we were driving some back holler road along the Monongahela River down towards Fairmont.
A sign said "No dis. No tern hear "
We were turning around there and as we left, we realised what the sign was trying to convey.

I live sort of near Plum and this is a very nice neighborhood .
Obviously this lady could make better use of her retirement money .
Say a retirement community ?
My brother HAD a wife that suffered from something similar . She had things strewn throughout the house that were just mind boggling ..
Truly a mental disorder ... This one is up there with insanity ...

Reactions: pittmaninwv
My brother HAD a wife that suffered from something similar . She had things strewn throughout the house that were just mind boggling ..

Looks like a nice neighborhood. No HOA though I guess. People complain about HOA's but when you dont have one, this is what you get. I'm not even allowed to put a sign in my yard so I had to put my Trump Won sign in a window.

Yeah, in some cases, that's definitely what's going on. I know a former college FB player who married his college sweetheart, who was also an athlete. She sort of descended into insanity with hoarding. It's a tough spot to be in. Didn't end well at all.

I grew up in Plum , Holiday Park to be exact. This home appears to be part of “newer” Plum meaning bigger houses than I grew up in. My parents plan was built in the 60s. This looks like one of those 90s houses. Meaning they’ve got more than enough room to store stuff if they decide to rid themselves of this outdoor crap.

Its always Plum. I actually forgot about this one. Former Pitt soccer player.

Technically a double Wammy Plum and former PITT player

But I gotta tell ya when I lived in Plum it was pretty boring and drama free

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT