ADVERTISEMENT

Point Spread for UNC Game

neench

Freshman
Aug 17, 2001
The point spread is Pitt +3.5. I really expected it to be like +13 after our showing in L'Ville. I think taking NC -3.5 is a good bet.

Points? Bets?

lol I might not even watch the damn game I’m so disgusted at this point.

hey team captains call a f@cking meeting already…. Get your shit together.

I actually have tickets to see Jordan and USC play UA this weekend and am grateful I don’t have to watch it.

The point spread is Pitt +3.5. I really expected it to be like +13 after our showing in L'Ville. I think taking NC -3.5 is a good bet.
then put up a c-note or two on it... I've found out there is no better way to secure a Pitt win than to bet against them out of frustration...The counterpoint to this is to bet with Pitt (as I did last week) with the absurd notion that since they have better talent than the team they are playing they should not be an underdog...

Reactions: Bethlehemjohn
Maybe Slovis will utter another inspirational profanity in the locker room. “Excuse me fellows…um…err…let’s take it to those f—-ing Gamecocks! What? Oh.”

To be fair we did end up winning that WVU game. I’m assuming he hasn’t repeated that since…

Slovis better play lights out because Maye is having on heck of a season.
He is but their defense is horrible. Probably why its only 3.5 point spread. I suspect Saturday will be a lot of Izzy and Hammond to keep Maye off the field longer.

Reactions: pittmaninwv
UNC can't stop anyone. If we force a few turnovers we win. We clearly suck, but we aren't playing any good teams the rest of the way. We'd be 2 touchdown dogs to any actual good team at this point.

UNC can't stop anyone. If we force a few turnovers we win. We clearly suck, but we aren't playing any good teams the rest of the way. We'd be 2 touchdown dogs to any actual good team at this point.
Duz will think similarly and order Cig to go even more conservative. “How can we lose?”

I don’t know what they need to do other than find a way to win..,

that shit last Saturday was entirely unacceptable.

there’s no excuse for it… none

I don’t know what they need to do other than find a way to win..,

that shit last Saturday was entirely unacceptable.

there’s no excuse for it… none
Injuries, yeah they’ve been a factor. But the team hasn’t played well (or has been coached well) since the second Tennessee possession. Long lucky broken play runs against bottom barrel teams don’t count. It’s taking the obvious when given to you on a platter. Those plays actually worked against us, leading our coaches to believe they will get that every week. And when they don’t, they’re out of answers.

Reactions: DruidTM
Injuries, yeah they’ve been a factor. But the team hasn’t played well (or has been coached well) since the second Tennessee possession. Long lucky broken play runs against bottom barrel teams don’t count. It’s taking the obvious when given to you on a platter. Those plays actually worked against us, leading our coaches to believe they will get that every week. And when they don’t, they’re out of answers.
Is that really it though? Are coaches so stupid they think 320 rushing just happens. Hell I’m not a coach but I’ve seen enough football to realize those games are outlier experiences…

how there hasn’t been better development with Slovis I don’t know? Even taking in his injury vs TN this decline is bizarre to witness. Players forgetting how to play all of them with track records…? It’s bizarre and it’s pissing me off.

Several years ago I wrote a post tittle the source of the problem. The point I was making was that Pitt should have gone after someone With head coaching experience instead Narduzzi. What I got was a bunch of sarcastic comments such as who do you have in mind , Nick Sabin? The point I was making is that Narduzzi had never ran a program and was in on the job training. Pitt is in free fall right now. Just wait to the de-commits start coming in. He has to go. Does anyone see any other way forward?

Several years ago I wrote a post tittle the source of the problem. The point I was making was that Pitt should have gone after someone With head coaching experience instead Narduzzi. What I got was a bunch of sarcastic comments such as who do you have in mind , Nick Sabin? The point I was making is that Narduzzi had never ran a program and was in on the job training. Pitt is in free fall right now. Just wait to the de-commits start coming in. He has to go. Does anyone see any other way forward?

The dude has plenty of flaws. But if we paid $40M to get rid of the guy who just got us an ACC Championship the year before (and our best season in 40 years), we would be the subject of so much negative national attention and ridicule that we wouldn't ever be able to shovel our way out of the shit.

Let's be realistic: The dude hasn't been THAT bad. He's mostly been okay; he just needs to complete a 12-step program on how to not be an arrogant dick and come to terms with the fact that his preferred style of football isn't necessarily the best style to play today.

Then, if he continues to slide, we can go get Luke Getsy in like five years or so.

The dude has plenty of flaws. But if we paid $40M to get rid of the guy who just got us an ACC Championship the year before (and our best season in 40 years), we would be the subject of so much negative national attention and ridicule that we wouldn't ever be able to shovel our way out of the shit.

Let's be realistic: The dude hasn't been THAT bad. He's mostly been okay; he just needs to complete a 12-step program on how to not be an arrogant dick and come to terms with the fact that his preferred style of football isn't necessarily the best style to play today.

Then, if he continues to slide, we can go get Luke Getsy in like five years or so.
Absolutely

look at the National attention we got on the Dixon debacle… and it’s been without question a damned debacle.

Anyone discussing getting rid of Narduzzi needs a time out from football for awhile. I’ve watched entirely too many hiring debacles to stomach another. It’s an absurd notion

Reactions: Celtsfan
Absolutely

look at the National attention we got on the Dixon debacle… and it’s been without question a damned debacle.

Anyone discussing getting rid of Narduzzi needs a time out from football for awhile. I’ve watched entirely too many hiring debacles to stomach another. It’s an absurd notion

Yeah, not saying he doesn't piss me off or that I love being married to him through 2030, but riding him out at 7-5ish for 6 years and then firing him a year after you finally got over the hump - and setting $40M on fire to do so - would stand alone as the singular most asinine thing that has ever happened in Pitt athletics. Especially in a time when 25 players would be in the portal the next day.

I'll absolutely smack talk Narduzzi until the cows come home, but the insanity has to come with a limit.

Reactions: DruidTM
UNC's defense is hot garbage and statistically the worst we face all year in the FBS. Their rushing defense is 111th in the country, pass defense is 126th. They are not ball hawks, and they get very little penetration (123rd in tackles for loss).

If there is any team we should be able to stop from consistently blasting through the o-line and pressuring Slovis before he starts his sloth-like plodding through route progressions, it is UNC. The -3.5 spread is about where I would predict as well, given the asymmetry between the two defenses. If we can limit the catastrophic red zone errors unlike this past Saturday night, we can control the ToP and grind one out I think.

UNC's defense is hot garbage and statistically the worst we face all year in the FBS. Their rushing defense is 111th in the country, pass defense is 126th. They are not ball hawks, and they get very little penetration (123rd in tackles for loss).

If there is any team we should be able to stop from consistently blasting through the o-line and pressuring Slovis before he starts his sloth-like plodding through route progressions, it is UNC. The -3.5 spread is about where I would predict as well, given the asymmetry between the two defenses. If we can limit the catastrophic red zone errors unlike this past Saturday night, we can control the ToP and grind one out I think.
Hope your correct.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT