ADVERTISEMENT

Portland State beats fake team who only has 6 players by 78

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001

Man do I love these stories. They beat something called Portland Bible College, an unaffiliated school who plays in the National Christian Athletic Association and only offers majors in theology and church music. So basically they beat an intramural team from a school training future Protestant pastors.

• Sad
Reactions: jctrack
There are actually enough schools in the NCCAA (gotta squish that extra "C" in there) for their to be two divisions. 42 in D1 and 37 in D2. Portland Bible College is actually in D2.

According to their web site, it looks like the only local school in the NCCAA is Geneva College, and they are D1. So they play at a higher level than Portland Bible College. But Geneva College is in the President's Athletic Conference, which is the NCAA D3 league with schools like Thiel and Grove City and St. Vincent. So I wonder if the NCCAA is more of a loose affiliation rather than a full scale confederation of school like the NCAA is.

There are actually enough schools in the NCCAA (gotta squish that extra "C" in there) for their to be two divisions. 42 in D1 and 37 in D2. Portland Bible College is actually in D2.

According to their web site, it looks like the only local school in the NCCAA is Geneva College, and they are D1. So they play at a higher level than Portland Bible College. But Geneva College is in the President's Athletic Conference, which is the NCAA D3 league with schools like Thiel and Grove City and St. Vincent. So I wonder if the NCCAA is more of a loose affiliation rather than a full scale confederation of school like the NCAA is.

Maybe Geneva plays D3 in some sports and NCCAA in othes. This team seems similar to those fake HS teams that were created to take paydays from IMG and such. Look at their website. You can go to an open practice to see if you can be on the team. I'm thinking about joining.

It doesn't appear they are in a conference. Just taking paydays from D1 and D2 schools while playing just a few other Bible schools.

Also, can we make a rule that games vs schools lower than D2 dont count? RMU played Pitt-Greensburg and WV Wesleyan? Are there not enough low D1 and D2 schools around to schedule that teams have to schedule Sunday School teams and branch campuses? Reminds me of this:

Man do I love these stories. They beat something called Portland Bible College, an unaffiliated school who plays in the National Christian Athletic Association and only offers majors in theology and church music. So basically they beat an intramural team from a school training future Protestant pastors.
The Nits will be calling them for their football opener next year.

I don't know. Geneva is listed on the NCCAA basketball web site as a member. But they do play in the PAC basketball conference.

If you find out, let me know because I am intersted in televising NCCAA games on SMFN. Would do well Sundays at noon right after church.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT