ADVERTISEMENT

"Possible" bad recuiting news

Whenever his defibrillator decides it's time. I kid, I kid. I actually like Huggy Bear -- he cracks me up.
Huggy is a very good coach, had Cincy as a perennial top 5-10 school. Resurrected K State, WVU has been lucky to have a string of good coaches. I hope Capel cleans Huggy's clock in recruiting and on the court.

If you told me right now we could land igiehon id sign up for that in a heartbeat. Capel will land a high quality big man.

Missing Oscar really sucks - but I can’t say I’m surprised given the Huggins/Konate connection up there at Kennedy. Capel closed the gap, but it looks like won’t be able to overcome that long-time connection.

I know that Cockburn and Igiehon look like the top targets right now, but could Tre Mitchell move up towards the top of the board? It’d be hard to find anything to complain about if we’re able to land a four star, borderline top-100 big from our backyard.

Yep, who's Huggy's friend up in that area.
Missing Oscar really sucks - but I can’t say I’m surprised given the Huggins/Konate connection up there at Kennedy. Capel closed the gap, but it looks like won’t be able to overcome that long-time connection.

I know that Cockburn and Igiehon look like the top targets right now, but could Tre Mitchell move up towards the top of the board? It’d be hard to find anything to complain about if we’re able to land a four star, borderline top-100 big from our backyard.
Huggy is a very good coach, had Cincy as a perennial top 5-10 school. Resurrected K State, WVU has been lucky to have a string of good coaches. I hope Capel cleans Huggy's clock in recruiting and on the court.
Huggy is a good coach, but his links to Ken Catholic run deep - so there's a deep loyalty there and some shady crootin'. Huggy's daddy became friends w/ Ed McCluskey, legendary Farrell bball coach. McCluskey coached at KC for a year, pretty much built that program. He was convinced to go to KC by a Dr James Kollar, one of McCluskeys former players. The next link in the chain --- Dr Kollar's son just happens to be the legal guardian of a few blue chip bball recruits, the Konate brothers and Oscar T. among them. I remember about 20 years ago when coaching Cincy, Huggy dropped a few players at another Mercer County school, George Junior Republic. KC seems like a solid pipeline for him for now.

Reactions: BigZeke
Kennedy catholic is a WVU school enough said. Rember Huggins at Cincinnati things never change

The only thing that never changes with Huggs is winning. Give him five kids off the playground and he’ll win. Hopefully the FBI will clean up the mess that is the AAU circuit. The NCAA won’t do anything.

Reactions: pbrad
Before Sags, I don’t remember any WV recruits from Kennedy Catholic.

I think there was a kid by the last name of Grove from George Junior Republic that went to Cincy- GJR is only about 20 minutes down the road from KCHS.

I think there was a kid by the last name of Grove from George Junior Republic that went to Cincy- GJR is only about 20 minutes down the road from KCHS.
BJ Groves. Huggy stashed him at George Jr before he went to Cincinnati. My high school team played them in the state quarter finals and kicked their asses when they were ranked #1 in the state.

Konate is the only Kennedy player to go to Wvu.Huggy is going to be in a fight to keep Tshiebwe because he's blown up on the AAU circuit this summer.

Please just stop! Capel got in late tried his best. It is definitely a loss for us.
You can't lose what you never had. And who knows? If Capel keeps working on him maybe there's a change of heart.

Just need a local reporter to unearth a story about Oscar's "foster family" and its connections to Huggy's dad and a former PA basketball coaching legend. I dunno, maybe there's some juicy tidbits in there if you dig deep enough

Huggy better worry about the blue bloods at this point. Kansas is recruiting him hard and Calipari and Kentucky are supposedly getting involved from one of the articles I read.

He is going to be a 5 star when all is said and done. Kid is legit. Wish he was coming to Pitt.

Huggy better worry about the blue bloods at this point. Kansas is recruiting him hard and Calipari and Kentucky are supposedly getting involved from one of the articles I read.

He is going to be a 5 star when all is said and done. Kid is legit. Wish he was coming to Pitt.

Yeah, his video screams STUD. Has that Dejuan Blair feel to me - not the tallest big, but is a M A N. No delusions of being a shooting guard, knows he will earn his paycheck in the post.

It’s being reported that Oscar really liked Pitt, but his guardian, who is controlling his recruitment, said he can’t go there. Why? It stems back to Kanote wanting to go to Pitt and Dixon taking Manigault instead. The same guardian was also Kanote’s guardian, and he held a grudge. Dixon- the “gift” that keeps on giving.

It’s being reported that Oscar really liked Pitt, but his guardian, who is controlling his recruitment, said he can’t go there. Why? It stems back to Kanote wanting to go to Pitt and Dixon taking Manigault instead. The same guardian was also Kanote’s guardian, and he held a grudge. Dixon- the “gift” that keeps on giving.
I quite frankly dont care what coach took or didnt take sags. Nor should you. Hindsight is 20/20 a coach can take who he wants . Manigault at the time was playing vs better competition. This guardian sounds like a jagoff

I quite frankly dont care what coach took or didnt take sags. Nor should you. Hindsight is 20/20 a coach can take who he wants . Manigault at the time was playing vs better competition. This guardian sounds like a jagoff

Yeah the guardian is an a-hole if he is holding something a previous coach did against Pitt. Whether that coach was right or wrong is meaningless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT