ADVERTISEMENT

Potential staff hires for wrestling

I know Jordan, he would be a great addition. Former National champ and excellent recruiter. Churella another good potential target.

Reactions: Italianpittbull
Wonder who Gavin is considering to work with the lightweights?

I hope the best for Kocher. Any idea on what he may do next? Looking to stay in coaching?

Also, has anyone heard how it went with Churella and Leen?

He is also looking at Steve mocco as possibly the RTC man
Watched Mocco wrestle for Blair back in the day when our kids wrestled Blair every year!
He has a real good reputation and could recruit well in Eastern PA where Nazareth, Bethlehem Catholic, and Northhampton were the top three teams in PA!
PITT needs to get busy recruiting Eastern PA real soon!

Gavin made this program significantly more legitimate in a month, a lot of of people on this board were disappointed with not getting an experienced D1 coach but how can you deny the skill and potential here?

Love the Youtsey pick up, hope he can show our guys how to peak lol.

Nice staff certainly in the right direction but won't be elite with those guys but I am happy with progress

These hires are very encouraging signs!!! Gavin is getting off to a very good start.

I can seen Jordan being an encouraging sign, but how is keeping Headlee encouraging? Our 125 and 141 pound classes were disasters and Forys bombed out at nationals. He hasn't recruited any top wrestler. He couldn't even get his cousin to come to Pitt.

I can seen Jordan being an encouraging sign, but how is keeping Headlee encouraging? Our 125 and 141 pound classes were disasters and Forys bombed out at nationals. He hasn't recruited any top wrestler. He couldn't even get his cousin to come to Pitt.
Not sure who you are referring to in regard to his cousin
I am pleased drew is there, the lower weights respect him and he is great in the room
And for recruiting I know of a top ten recruit in the class of 2018 that has been considering Pitt because of drew
Forys works his ass off
He came up short
That is wrestling to say this kid bombed is comical!

Reactions: BApanther

Are you even capable of anything other than complaining?

Also Drew isn't related to AC Headlee.

This is a nice message for other local recruits. Here's a top tier guy who left Pittsburgh and decided to come back. More positive news coming as well regarding the RTC. I spent all day yesterday at Pitt and want to summarize my thoughts - all very, very positive, by the way. I'll start a new thread in hopes that more people see it.

Is anyone familiar with the athlete from Kyrgyzstan training at our RTC? International success, etc?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT