ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for Rest of Season and Beyond

PantherRJ

Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2007
These aren't Nostradamus level prophecies - feel free to post your own predictions.

1. Notre Dame will flip one of Kenny Minchey or Avery Johnson. I think they want Minchey more and unfortunately I think Minchey is the more likely flip.

2. Bartholomew enters the portal before next season, and I think he lands with a Big Ten school.

3. Pitt will be bowl eligible but will not win the Coastal. I will say wins against Louisville, Virginia, and Syracuse (VA and especially Cuse - where we will likely be home underdogs - not because we are playing any better than them but because we seem to often find ways to beat them), losses to at least UNC and Miami, not because those teams are particularly good this year but because they usually have our number. I think Va Tech and Duke will be coin flip games and we split them. That yields a disappointing 7-5 season, especially considering that the Coastal is as weak as its ever been this year and was ours for the taking.

4. HCPN will fire (or the assistants will "agree" to leave/retire) at least 3 assistant coaches after this season, most likely at the insistence of ADHL I don't think one of those will be OCFC, because, well, HCPN is stubborn and that would be an admission of a mistake.

5. Slovis will be reinjured during this season and miss significant game time. Unfortunately for him, the pass play calls are generally slow developing (absent uptempo "panic" times in games) leaving him in the pocket too long. Plus he tends to hold the ball longer than he should and hasn't shown a great ability to buy time by moving around/out of the pocket. Couple all that with an OL that has struggled with pass protection and it is a very bad recipe, especially given his history with concussions.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.