DE Alexandre, Hayes, Maloney, Okunlola, S. Williams

$LB Kamara, Simon, Henningham

MLB Dennis, George

*LB DeShields, Wiltz, Mack, Louis

CB M. Williams, Woods, Royal, Biglow

FS Hallett, Battle, O’Brien, McIntyre

SS Hill, Tallandier, Anderson, Hall

CB Devonshire, Gandy, Crumpley

definitely some interesting and intriguing battles during camp that will take place, but what do you think will happen before the Backyard Brawl takes place?

I’m surprised they already have Vincent Davis at third string. Not to say I don’t think Izzy shouldn’t be starting, but Davis always seemed to somehow find his way on the field. Maybe Davis was more of a Whipple preference?

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
QB Slovis or Patti, Yarnell, Kyler

RB Abanikanda, Hammond, Davis, Carter, Flemister

WR Wayne, Bradley, Alston

WR Mumpfield, Means, Nwabuko

WR Barden, Copeland, Thomson

TE Bartholomew, Johnson, Wright, Deveney, Renda

LT Warren, Montgomery

LG Minor, Zubovic, Enos, Collier

C Kradel or Drexel, Moore, Altsman, Metrosky

RG Kradel or Jacoby or Houy

RT Houy or Goncalves or Baer or Taylor, Andersen

DE Baldonado, Morgan III, Johnson, Temple, Scott

DT Kancey, Bentley, Jules, FitzSimmons

DT Donald, Danielson, Green, Brima, Ford

MLB Dennis, George

definitely some interesting and intriguing battles during camp that will take place, but what do you think will happen before the Backyard Brawl takes place?
Only position battles, really just LB and maybe WR. I dont think Slovis was brought in to compete for the job despite what they say

I don't know if I even realized Khalil Anderson was a safety now. That was considered a big recruiting win; I thought he'd compete for a starting corner spot as early as last year. And then they talked up Biglow last camp, so I'm surprised not to see him higher.

I don't know what the hell you do with Bam Brima, but that just seems like a big athletic body going to waste.

And then the other surprise would be Kamara and DeShields both starting. Lots of athleticism, but lots of rooms for early mistakes. Narduzzi tends to prefer experience/football IQ in that back seven, so it'd be cool if they were still the starters at the end of camp (though, by and large, this depth chart is meaningless at this point).

Reactions: Jeffburgh
Donald a starter! Devonshire over woods

I'm not going to be entirely confident in that Devonshire/Woods platoon all year. Both have won some plays, but both have also lost a good bit of plays. I like Williams a lot, though he is susceptible to that NC State 2019 "catching balls over his head" treatment. But we've been playing with at least one mid-round draft pick at corner for quite some time now, so hopefully we don't feel the effects from this transition.

I'm surprised to see Donald listed at 265 and see him listed as the starter in the same day, ha. Kancey is already playing fairly small; you'd think they would want an anchor to complement him. But Danielson, Green, and Bentley, while all solid, aren't exactly stars... so it'd be cool if Donald began on a path toward that.

Kradel playing Center makes the entire OL better. Drexel played poorly in our loss to Western Michigan and was very shaky against WF.
Zubovic played Center against Wake. I think he came in against MSU, too.

They have traditionally tried to go with the "five best" on O-line but Center isn't an easy position to just step in and play. We'll see what shakes out.

Zubovic played Center against Wake. I think he came in against MSU, too.

They have traditionally tried to go with the "five best" on O-line but Center isn't an easy position to just step in and play. We'll see what shakes out.
I like Kradel and Zubovic better.

I’m surprised they already have Vincent Davis at third string. Not to say I don’t think Izzy shouldn’t be starting, but Davis always seemed to somehow find his way on the field. Maybe Davis was more of a Whipple preference?
I have always felt and posted that he would drop with a new OC who didn't have the loyalty to him, he is a big character guy and stepped up when the position was pretty shallow.

But, he has a ceiling. Aba has a big upside, and Hammond is just a more pure RB.

Cigs gets to pick the best guy now, without any secondary considerations.

He has a place for sure, but you want guys who can be more threatening (Aba) or more consistently get the yards that are there to be gotten (Hammond) getting the bulk of the carries.

That said, RBs almost always get dinged, and there almost assuredly will be PT there for him over the course of the season.

I'm not going to be entirely confident in that Devonshire/Woods platoon all year. Both have won some plays, but both have also lost a good bit of plays. I like Williams a lot, though he is susceptible to that NC State 2019 "catching balls over his head" treatment. But we've been playing with at least one mid-round draft pick at corner for quite some time now, so hopefully we don't feel the effects from this transition.

I'm surprised to see Donald listed at 265 and see him listed as the starter in the same day, ha. Kancey is already playing fairly small; you'd think they would want an anchor to complement him. But Danielson, Green, and Bentley, while all solid, aren't exactly stars... so it'd be cool if Donald began on a path toward that.

AD dominates the NFL at 260 pounds.

Reactions: Farnox
QB Slovis or Patti, Yarnell, Kyler

RB Abanikanda, Hammond, Davis, Carter, Flemister

WR Wayne, Bradley, Alston

WR Mumpfield, Means, Nwabuko

WR Barden, Copeland, Thomson

TE Bartholomew, Johnson, Wright, Deveney, Renda

LT Warren, Montgomery

LG Minor, Zubovic, Enos, Collier

C Kradel or Drexel, Moore, Altsman, Metrosky

RG Kradel or Jacoby or Houy

RT Houy or Goncalves or Baer or Taylor, Andersen

DE Baldonado, Morgan III, Johnson, Temple, Scott

DT Kancey, Bentley, Jules, FitzSimmons

DT Donald, Danielson, Green, Brima, Ford

MLB Dennis, George

Is this from Pitt or your opinion?

AD dominates the NFL at 260 pounds.

No one is saying he can't be a good/great player at 265 (even though AD is listed at 284 and, even though I know he has said he's played at 260, also a one-of-a-kind freak, so I'm not sure how applicable that is). I'm just saying that he and Kancey both seem like they're best suited as one-gap guys, so I would think we'd want to complement them with more of a two-gap guy like Danielson or Bentley in a base defense. But we'll see. There will be a ton of sub-packages anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT