ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason depth chart

Morrissey’s return is a major development for Pitt. His absence due to injury toward the end of last season visibly hindered the team, as the offense averaged 40.8 points and 518.3 yards per game in his last four contests. In Pitt’s final three games of the season, all of which were played without Morrissey, the Panthers averaged 8.7 points and 247.7 yards.

Geez, let's see--the last 3 games were played against Stanford, Miami and Clemson. The previous 4 were Wake, VT, UVA and Duke. I wonder if just maybe the quality of the opposing defenses had anything to do with those stats? Or if our center really made a 32 ppg, 300 ypg difference in our offensive output?

Brilliant journalism there. Simply brilliant.

Geez, let's see--the last 3 games were played against Stanford, Miami and Clemson. The previous 4 were Wake, VT, UVA and Duke. I wonder if just maybe the quality of the opposing defenses had anything to do with those stats? Or if our center really made a 32 ppg, 300 ypg difference in our offensive output?

Writing in a vacuum. But I'd like to think Stanford ends up different with him.

I'm pleased to see a couple young guys on the OL showing up on the 2-deep.

Morrissey’s return is a major development for Pitt. His absence due to injury toward the end of last season visibly hindered the team, as the offense averaged 40.8 points and 518.3 yards per game in his last four contests. In Pitt’s final three games of the season, all of which were played without Morrissey, the Panthers averaged 8.7 points and 247.7 yards.

Brilliant journalism there. Simply brilliant.

Clemson and Miami were elite but Stanford was ranked 78, lower than UVA (20) and Duke (77). I think if we had Morrissey we win the Sun Bowl.

I am really excited about our defensive backfield. I have been waiting for Paris Ford to claim that starting safety spot. Now that he is listed as the starter I will be expecting some big plays from our secondary. Hope the Duzz and staff has him coached up and ready. I envisioned Ford and Hamlin together starting last year, but, the time is finally here. If our linebackers make strides this year we are going to have a great defense. I also love our D-line. We have plenty of depth on the D-line and defensive backfield as well. I am really thinking we are going to have a pretty highly rated defense this season. One of our best in quite some time.

Reactions: PittFanDan17
ADVERTISEMENT