ADVERTISEMENT

Primetime to Colorado

I knew Prime would get a P5 job eventually, but did not expect it to be Colorado. That program needs some excitement so this move should energize the fanbase. Very curious to see how he'll do here.

Reactions: caleco's
I knew Prime would get a P5 job eventually, but did not expect it to be Colorado. That program needs some excitement so this move should energize the fanbase. Very curious to see how he'll do here.
He’s just about the paper.

"Prepared to"

Prepared as in like Kiffin was prepared to take the Auburn job and Willie Fritz was prepared to take the Georgia Tech job?

This is a fantastic idea for Colorado. That program is at absolute rock bottom so taking a chance like this has no downside.

Don't quite understand why Deion took the job, though.

What do they have to lose, I guess. Let's see how DeClown does recruiting.

Interesting that he is going from coaching at a HBCU, to a state of almost 6 million residents and only like 200k of those are black.

Interesting that he is going from coaching at a HBCU, to a state of almost 6 million residents and only like 200k of those are black.
So you are implying he should base life decisions on race? Last time I checked the team makeup of Colorado does not match that demographic..

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
I think he’ll do pretty well. He’ll be able to leverage his Texas connections with west coast recruiting. If Colorado invests in the program, he’ll have success.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Pretty good fit for him. If it works out he’s resurrected a truly dead program and maybe helps save the PAC12 (unlikely). If it doesn’t, chalk it up to it being a difficult situation and head back down a level for a few years before trying again.

To energize the fan base? They still sell out every game.

The color that matters the most is Green, as in the color of money and the stick, icky, good s###.

So you are implying he should base life decisions on race? Last time I checked the team makeup of Colorado does not match that demographic..
I would make the same observation if the coach of Harvard went to Mississippi State.

With the signing of Sanders 4 out of the last 5 Colorado head coaches have been black.

Colorado has had one 6+ win season since 2008. I think this hire will have them excited to change that.
Well, the fans have nothing to do with the lack of winning. Hiring Sanders should excite the players, no doubt. I agree the fans deserve better than what they have had to endure. That place is always packed despite the losing.

Well, the fans have nothing to do with the lack of winning. Hiring Sanders should excite the players, no doubt. I agree the fans deserve better than what they have had to endure. That place is always packed despite the losing.
More fun to go to games for a winning program, so I will double down and say the fans are excited for this hire. He already landed his first big recruit.

More fun to go to games for a winning program, so I will double down and say the fans are excited for this hire. He already landed his first big recruit.

I agree with you and am sure they will be excited. I was just saying that fans who pack the stadium hardly need 'energized' and definitely deserve better.

I agree with you and am sure they will be excited. I was just saying that fans who pack the stadium hardly need 'energized' and definitely deserve better.
Energized or excited, same thing when it comes down to it. The fans are happy they have this type of coach.

With the signing of Sanders 4 out of the last 5 Colorado head coaches have been black.
Why would that fact even matter? They should be hiring the best candidate for the job, their skin color should not matter. For me, I just don't think he's going ot be a good coach at this level. He was successful at Jackson State because he was literally the big fish in the little pond. Now, he is just one of the many big fishes in the big pool. Any one who tells a reporter that if they ask him a question, they must refer to him as coach has an ego that is to big for my liking.

• Haha
Reactions: TheFormula
Why would that fact even matter? They should be hiring the best candidate for the job, their skin color should not matter. For me, I just don't think he's going ot be a good coach at this level. He was successful at Jackson State because he was literally the big fish in the little pond. Now, he is just one of the many big fishes in the big pool. Any one who tells a reporter that if they ask him a question, they must refer to him as coach has an ego that is to big for my liking.
I only mentioned it because another poster insinuated with the low black population in Colorado it would not be a good fit. Was merely pointing out that 3 of their last 4 head coaches before Sanders had been black so it’s obviously not an issue.

I'm on board with the message. I'm just not a fan of the message being put on camera and thrown out there for public consumption. It kind of throws the whole team he's going into battle with under the bus on day one. Perhaps a lot of the kids in that room are also "smart & tough" but are just lacking in talent.

Perhaps this is the 2022 version of "Those who stay will play, and those who stay will become champions."

Reactions: Upg bobcat

Class of 2025??? That means the kid is a sophomore in high school at this time. His commitment means nothing. That kid will change his find over the next two years about as often as he changes his underwear.

Sanders has been at Colorado for five minutes and already gets a coach to take a demotion to be his offensive coordinator. This is unbelievable and a move I see Colorado fans are VERY happy with. Btw, it seems apparent Lewis believes he can land a better job as Colorado's OC opposed to Kent State's HC.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Sanders has been at Colorado for five minutes and already gets a coach to take a demotion to be his offensive coordinator. This is unbelievable and a move I see Colorado fans are VERY happy with. Btw, it seems apparent Lewis believes he can land a better job as Colorado's OC opposed to Kent State's HC.
There's another report that he picked up Willie Taggart.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT