ADVERTISEMENT

Pro-style vs spread

Cignetti sure drew up a master class tonight against the worst defense in the ACC
He’s a true scholar of the game
The timeout on 4th and 6 to throw 3 yards short of the sticks while getting boat raced -
Was *chef’s kiss”

Cignetti sure drew up a master class tonight against the worst defense in the ACC
He’s a true scholar of the game

We're talking offense when the defense gave up 475 yards and 36 first downs on 75 plays?

Cig's Dinosaur = 6.0 yards per play
Longo's Air Raid = 6.3 yards per play

Seems like defense was a bit more of the culprit than the offense.

The only thing I'm in favor of changing on this offense is the QB position. I thought Slovis would be better.

Reactions: pittdan77
We're talking offense when the defense gave up 475 yards and 36 first downs on 75 plays?

The only thing I'm in favor of changing on this offense is the QB position. I thought Slovis would be better.
Man, you really are digging in on this.

Dinosaur under center offense does not work in college football. I understand you grew up with it but it freaking sucks and you just keep doubling down anyways

Longo’s offense wasn’t going against an absolute sh*t defense.

FCJ’s was.

Reactions: KennyHeisman8
Longo’s offense wasn’t going against an absolute sh*t defense.

FCJ’s was.

FCJ doesn't have anywhere close to Longo's talent.

Any OC would be behind the 8-ball with the talent Pitt trots out there every week. How would you scheme to your strengths when the only playmaker on your roster is Izzy? Barth is okay, but he's certainly nothing special.

Nice response. Obviously, you aren't going to make yourself look foolish and disagree with the statement.
I
Mean you literally said that bama runs the SAME offense as cignetti, so really you have no room to call someone foolish. That was literally one of the most preposterous things I’ve seen

The funny thing is - the way some of you attack the coaches - you would definitely be in the camp that recruiting rankings don't matter group.

We have a very pedestrian group on offense. Izzy is our best player so far and was he even offered by any top 10 teams? The OL and receivers are so average.

I think recruiting rankings are inexact science for sure. I've been on that hill for years. But, dude at some point you need some difference makers and I'm not sure any defense fears the skill of the guys who line up for us on Saturdays.

The funny thing is - the way some of you attack the coaches - you would definitely be in the camp that recruiting rankings don't matter group.

We have a very pedestrian group on offense. Izzy is our best player so far and was he even offered by any top 10 teams? The OL and receivers are so average.

I think recruiting rankings are inexact science for sure. I've been on that hill for years. But, dude at some point you need some difference makers and I'm not sure any defense fears the skill of the guys who line up for us on Saturdays.
Who’s in charge of recruiting?

You do not think everyone fears Abanikanda now? The guy that can go long to the house on any play?

Yes we’re taking offense facing the worst defense in the acc and scoring 7 second half points

Recruiting rankings absolutely matter. Particularly if you want to be a top team. And I defended the loss to UNC in another thread based purely on recruiting rankings.

But these are Longo’s F+ offensive rankings:

26 (Ole Miss)
26 (UNC)
15th currently

You can’t really argue Longo just has a talent advantage every year and that’s why his offenses do so well.

He’s just an elite OC. FCJ is a JAG. Maybe even less than a JAG.

You do not think everyone fears Abanikanda now? The guy that can go long to the house on any play?

I think teams realize he is very good and he's a "dude." I'm not sure they fear him in the sense that he can go off and they don't have a way to contain the rest of the supporting cast.

The margin for error with this offensive group is very small.

I
Mean you literally said that bama runs the SAME offense as cignetti, so really you have no room to call someone foolish. That was literally one of the most preposterous things I’ve seen

They both run multiple
Recruiting rankings absolutely matter. Particularly if you want to be a top team. And I defended the loss to UNC in another thread based purely on recruiting rankings.

But these are Longo’s F+ offensive rankings:

26 (Ole Miss)
26 (UNC)
15th currently

You can’t really argue Longo just has a talent advantage every year and that’s why his offenses do so well.

He’s just an elite OC. FCJ is a JAG. Maybe even less than a JAG.
Actually, Longo had an absurd amount of talent at Ole Miss as well. He had AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, and Van Jefferson at wide receiver. I'd kill for that kind of talent at receiver at Pitt.

Reactions: steelcurtain55.
They both run multiple

Actually, Longo had an absurd amount of talent at Ole Miss as well. He had AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, and Van Jefferson at wide receiver. I'd kill for that kind of talent at receiver at Pitt.

They didn’t have “absurd” talent. Especially going against the 4 and 5 Star defenses they were on a weekly basis.

They both run multiple

I’ll ask again, are you and steel in staff or related to Frank?

They didn’t have “absurd” talent. Especially going against the 4 and 5 Star defenses they were on a weekly basis.
They had absurd talent. Do you think that every SEC team has two top 5 NFL receivers on it at any given moment? Let alone another guy that is a dude? I understand that the teams generally have high talent levels but let’s not get carried away.

They had absurd talent. Do you think that every SEC team has two top 5 NFL receivers on it at any given moment? Let alone another guy that is a dude? I understand that the teams generally have high talent levels but let’s not get carried away.

I think from top to bottom the defenses they were up against had the same, if not more talent than they did. Yes.

Hell, DK Metcalf wasn’t even good in college. He was a workout warrior that tons of people thought was going to be that combine bust, precisely because he didn’t produce in college.

ADVERTISEMENT