ADVERTISEMENT

Psu transfer

Section 509

Redshirt
Mar 21, 2022
Freshman DE hit the portal he's from northeast HS in pa a 4star I wonder if there's any pitt interest

uh, why is that? Trees, farms and wildlife = creepy?.... As much as I hate Nitters I'd rather have my son living and working out of there and dealing with the occasional knucklehead than his current locale in the schithole that is Philly...
Yeah, but you're a Johnstown dummy. I'm sure the apple doesn't fall far...

Yeah, but you're a Johnstown dummy. I'm sure the apple doesn't fall far...
you are probably correct...However, I would hazard a guess that when I was growing up in Johnstown there were more Pitt fans per capita there than in Pittsburgh...

Reactions: LGP81
It's possible. The academic standards aren't that high but there is an NCAA min.
It’s usually not a GPA thing - it’s usually a “core classes” problem. Kids don’t take school seriously enough as a freshman or sophomore (maybe before it’s clear that they might have the opportunity to use football to go to college), and it can be pretty difficult to remedy that sometimes. If a kid screws around and fails freshman English, for example, it can be a serious problem. That’s not a “getting accepted into college” thing - it’s an NCAA clearinghouse thing. They have weird rules.

All that said, I don’t think his departure there is academic in nature.

Reactions: 4382
It’s usually not a GPA thing - it’s usually a “core classes” problem. Kids don’t take school seriously enough as a freshman or sophomore (maybe before it’s clear that they might have the opportunity to use football to go to college), and it can be pretty difficult to remedy that sometimes. If a kid screws around and fails freshman English, for example, it can be a serious problem. That’s not a “getting accepted into college” thing - it’s an NCAA clearinghouse thing. They have weird rules.

All that said, I don’t think his departure there is academic in nature.
Anything is possible. Sometimes get to campus and get overwhelmed, too.

The transition from HS to college can be difficult, especially when you have coaches up your butt all the time.
Stop It Mark Wahlberg GIF - Stop It Mark Wahlberg Quit It GIFs

https://tenor.com/view/daddys-home2-daddys-home2gifs-stop-it-stop-that-i-mean-it-gif-9694318

I wouldn’t concern myself over this one. If it’s an eligibility issue, he won’t work for Pitt either. If it’s a change of heart, well, he’s a 4 star defensive end from last year’s recruiting cycle. He probably has bigger aspirations than Pitt football.

• Haha
Reactions: BurghGuy68
I wouldn’t concern myself over this one. If it’s an eligibility issue, he won’t work for Pitt either. If it’s a change of heart, well, he’s a 4 star defensive end from last year’s recruiting cycle. He probably has bigger aspirations than Pitt football.
Whatever. In any event, he ain't coming back to State Farm.

Uh...I live in a very rural area. My road doesn't even have a name, so I'm used to trees and wildlife. More trees and fewer people are always a plus. Nice try with your assumption though. Maybe I felt creepy because of all the abuse that went on up there all that time with no one doing anything about it? Maybe because it's hard to figure out how everyone loved a coach so much that they were in such denial of what happened, and to this day they STILL won't believe it, just like a cult.

And now we hear there was a serial rapist up there around the same time.

uh, why is that? Trees, farms and wildlife = creepy?.... As much as I hate Nitters I'd rather have my son living and working out of there and dealing with the occasional knucklehead than his current locale in the schithole that is Philly...

Uh...I live in a very rural area. My road doesn't even have a name, so I'm used to trees and wildlife. More trees and fewer people are always a plus. Nice try with your assumption though. Maybe I felt creepy because of all the abuse that went on up there all that time with no one doing anything about it? Maybe because it's hard to figure out how everyone loved a coach so much that they were in such denial of what happened, and to this day they STILL won't believe it, just like a cult.

And now we hear there was a serial rapist up there around the same time.
There are also a lot of things that live deep in the woods you just don't talk about in Appalachia. It's okay to admit that's part of the creepiness.

Like every other Pedofile stater in the portal, F em we got our guys that chose us the first time!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT