ADVERTISEMENT

Quad 4 games left

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
These are killers if we lose any. A Quad 4 game is a home game vs teams ranked 161 and lower and road games vs teams ranked 240 and lower

We have games left vs

@ 336 Lou
227 FSU
336 Lou
@ 227 FSU (currently Quad 3 but can drop)
225 BC
157 GT (3 spots from Quad 4)

Really really need to go 6-0 here. This is part of the problem with the ACC. You normally dont see so many bad teams in P6 conferences. The Big 12's lowest rated team is 65. 13 of the 14 B10 teams are 97 or better. 13 of the 14 SEC teams are 113 or better.

The P6 has really become more like a "Power 3." The ACC, Big East, and Pac 12 have been at a level between the Power 3 and ahead of the high majors (American, A10, MWC, WCC)

These are killers if we lose any. A Quad 4 game is a home game vs teams ranked 161 and lower and road games vs teams ranked 240 and lower

We have games left vs

@ 336 Lou
227 FSU
336 Lou
225 BC

Really really need to go 6-0 here. This is part of the problem with the ACC. You normally dont see so many bad teams in P6 conferences. The Big 12's lowest rated team is 65. 13 of the 14 B10 teams are 97 or better. 13 of the 14 SEC teams are 113 or better.

The P6 has really become more like a "Power 3." The ACC, Big East, and Pac 12 have been at a level between the Power 3 and ahead of the high majors (American, A10, MWC, WCC)
This is why I think the projection of 8-5 the rest of the way out isn’t enough to make the tourney. Sure wouldn’t leave much of a margin if 6 of those 8 wins were against your list, or if we picked up a better win but had a bad loss against one of these 6 to go with it.

We have games left vs

@ 336 Lou
227 FSU
336 Lou
225 BC

I’m disappointed with this post: no mention of the conference within the conference

Reactions: pittjas
This is why I think the projection of 8-5 the rest of the way out isn’t enough to make the tourney. Sure wouldn’t leave much of a margin if 6 of those 8 wins were against your list, or if we picked up a better win but had a bad loss against one of these 6 to go with it.
Losing to Vandy and VCU hurt

Reactions: NCanton Panther

Its not just that. Other teams are going to pick up more Quad 1 wins to catch us as this season goes on mainly in the Big 12 and Big 10, and some of our current Quad 1 wins might not be Quad 1 at seasons end. Although Syracuse continuing to win potentially helps with maybe another Quad 1 win. Then you have to factor in bad losses on top of it.

The 2 games against Miami are maybe most critical.

1) I dont think their record is anywhere near as good as they actually are. They have beat up on a lot of bad teams and already have 2 acc road losses. Looking at their schedule, they are going to have a lot more losses in the near future.

2) By seasons end I think Miami is going to be for sure on the bubble as I see them taking on more losses upcoming. And if they are a bubble team with us in the same conference, head to head is going to matter. The same could be said with Wake Forest. Virginia Tech is in serious trouble with that Hunter Cattoor injury if he doesnt come back somewhere close to 100%. They cant seem to win without him.

3) Per Torvik, Pitt should be favored in every game the rest of the way except 3. At UNC, At Virginia Tech, and at Miami. And I think that Notre Dame game on the road at seasons end is going to be a dangerous game for us.

7 ACC teams will make the tournament.

The only question is will Pitt be one of them.

14 wins in conference should be good enough.
Just win 9 more

Quads 1 to 4 with 1 being the top 1/4 of all teams continuing down to 4 being the worst fourth. Quad 1 wins really help your resume, quad 4 losses really hurt it.

It isn't that simple. Where the game is played matters too. Quad 1 is 1-30 if it's a home game, 1-50 if it's a neutral site game, and 1-75 if it's a road game. Quad 2 is 31-75 at home, 51-100 neutral and 76-135 on the road.

Reactions: Drew1208
ADVERTISEMENT