ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Heather

Thx, I might come back it's just been a rough year. A very rough year for everyone H2P!
I am out for good. This guy has soured me to the point I will no longer make the donations I have made in the past and will no longer get season tickets. We have talked and you know the connections I have. We are all just about done

I am out for good. This guy has soured me to the point I will no longer make the donations I have made in the past and will no longer get season tickets. We have talked and you know the connections I have. We are all just about done
Yeah Goadie its ashame and unfortunate for us as well the fanbase. In a HC's 6th year there shouldn't be all these question marks etc. Take care Goadie and H2P!!!

If you want change, then how do you propose it happen?

The athletic program already owes Stallings and McConnell about 3-4 million. If we buyout Narduzzi and hire a new coach, then takes the overall total to about 10 million. We are already being choked off this year because of no attendance.

Exhibit A of the difference between us and an SEC program. In the SEC, they would double their donations in order to buy out the loser coach and get someone who is better.

The athletic program already owes Stallings and McConnell about 3-4 million. If we buyout Narduzzi and hire a new coach, then takes the overall total to about 10 million. We are already being choked off this year because of no attendance.
Go fund me

And a PNC Bank loan

I am WELL aware of how much is on the table in regard to the buyouts we currently are paying. I am also well aware of what it would cost to get Narduzzi out. Thats the problem, our hands are tied. Narduzzi needs to be told to hire the best OC and position coaches available. He is so afraid to hire an up and coming and anyone that he views as a threat or someone that could take over the Head job. He needs that control taken away. He has proven already that he is not capable or willing to make the best decisions for the program. The money has been there to pay for top assistants.

Yes. And he also ingratiated himself w/ the media by saying his inspiration was getting away from the loser culture at Pitt. Yeah... but keep pumping this guy up.

yes he literally opens every interview with the story of why he left Pitt.

Exhibit A of the difference between us and an SEC program. In the SEC, they would double their donations in order to buy out the loser coach and get someone who is better.
That is not the only answer. You also need a commitment from the University to succeed and we do not have that. This guy has soured so many we are approaching the Hackett era as far as apathy.

I am WELL aware of how much is on the table in regard to the buyouts we currently are paying. I am also well aware of what it would cost to get Narduzzi out. Thats the problem, our hands are tied. Narduzzi needs to be told to hire the best OC and position coaches available. He is so afraid to hire an up and coming and anyone that he views as a threat or someone that could take over the Head job. He needs that control taken away. He has proven already that he is not capable or willing to make the best decisions for the program. The money has been there to pay for top assistants.
I am in complete agreement that he needs to revamp his offensive staff. The most realistic scenario is he does this and we get better overall as a team.

You live in fantasy land. A big-time program has boosters with real money that buyout the contract. Pitt has a bunch of Ham n’ Eggers.
They are out there, more than you realize. Our administration has turned a lot off. If you keep running your head into a brick wall and you only come away with a concussion eventually you stop running into the brick wall headfirst

That is not the only answer. You also need a commitment from the University to succeed and we do not have that. This guy has soured so many we are approaching the Hackett era as far as apathy.
Early buyouts are paid by the boosters in most situations. You just said Narduzzi is given money to bring in good assistants, but is threatened by young up and comers. Now you are saying the University isn’t committed. So which one is it?

Early buyouts are paid by the boosters in most situations. You just said Narduzzi is given money to bring in good assistants, but is threatened by young up and comers. Now you are saying the University isn’t committed. So which one is it?
overall not committed. Im not here to debate you. If your looking for me to provide every little detail of the conversations I've had and with who its not happening.

Actually, the difference between Pitt and a SEC program that truly cares about football is that the boosters at SEC programs do everything in their power to make sure their staff can sign Top 10 type recruiting classes. So at Georgia, it doesn't matter if the coach is Donan, Richt, or Kirby, they are going to bring in talent. LSU - Saban, Miles, and Shrek... all are going to sign talent. Auburn... Dye, Bowden, Tubberville, Chizik, Gus... all signing talent.

At Pitt, the coaching changes serve no other purpose than to put a dent in a recruiting class, and give the fanbase a reset for the next three or four years. It won't do much to change results or move the ceiling. A simple coaching change isn't capable of doing that. It takes a significant upgrade in talent and culture, and Pitt isn't willing to go that route. If they were, the talent would have started rolling back to Oakland during Majors 2.

Reactions: JSSTartan
Actually, the difference between Pitt and a SEC program that truly cares about football is that the boosters at SEC programs do everything in their power to make sure their staff can sign Top 10 type recruiting classes. So at Georgia, it doesn't matter if the coach is Donan, Richt, or Kirby, they are going to bring in talent. LSU - Saban, Miles, and Shrek... all are going to sign talent. Auburn... Dye, Bowden, Tubberville, Chizik, Gus... all signing talent.

At Pitt, the coaching changes serve no other purpose than to put a dent in a recruiting class, and give the fanbase a reset for the next three or four years. It won't do much to change results or move the ceiling. A simple coaching change isn't capable of doing that. It takes a significant upgrade in talent and culture, and Pitt isn't willing to go that route. If they were, the talent would have started rolling back to Oakland during Majors 2.

that's not the boosters, that's the bag men. Totally separate. Boosters would be counted on for the legit things, like LED lighting a stadium or getting the cash to fire the coach.

Reactions: WannyandWalt
I said this a week or two ago. Michigan should absolutely hire Campbell as soon as possible.
If I'm the "hot" prospect and Michigan or Texas came calling, I would make sure I am getting a boatload of guaranteed money because both have been floundering with multiple coaches and excellent recruiting classes. Michigan especially comes down to: can you beat tOSU? Right now there are 4 or 5 blue bloods with a bunch of also rans.

I do hope heather is ok. Have not seen her and she hasn’t commented since July on football.

I think she’s shell shocked. Most AD’s probably are due to covid. I’m sure she is stressed out and under enourmous pressure.

Pitt will most likely have to eliminate programs

Pitt is only a year removed from finishing dead last among P5 schools in the Directors Cup

Pitt failed epically this season in football

Pitt basketball is off to a rough start

Pitts fundraising results for victory Heights were very disappointing to say the least.

Pitt is still one of the most highly subsidized sports departments in P5

And boosters are starting to lose confidence in her ability to lead and manage a P5 program.

I’m glad I’m retired.

This is correct. Pretty much nailed it.

Really? I thought Pitt was willing to pay Canada and he walked anyway. Chaney left for greener pastures.

Top notch Coordinators don't want to coach at a school like Pitt. They much prefer coaching at schools where they are able to coach elite talent, making a few hundred thousand more per year, without working hard to sign the elite type of players. Pitt isn't that type of school.

Really? I thought Pitt was willing to pay Canada and he walked anyway. Chaney left for greener pastures.

Top notch Coordinators don't want to coach at a school like Pitt. They much prefer coaching at schools where they are able to coach elite talent, making a few hundred thousand more per year, without working hard to sign the elite type of players. Pitt isn't that type of school.
Reading comprehension is tough I know but I said the money was there to pay for top notch coordinators. Narduzzi has a reputation in that fraternity and lets just say its not good

Reading comprehension is tough I know but I said the money was there to pay for top notch coordinators. Narduzzi has a reputation in that fraternity and lets just say its not good
Narduzzi has chased away his offensive coordinators with the exception of Watson....who was a dud. I like Narduzzi but that falls on him. You shouldn't have a new offensive Coordinator every other year. Canada succeeded in spite of Narduzzi.

2016Iowa State3–92–79th
2017Iowa State8–55–4T–4thW Liberty
2018Iowa State8–56–3T–3rdL Alamo
2019Iowa State7–65–4T–3rdL Camping World
2020Iowa State7–27–1

What exactly is Matt Campbell doing that Narduzzi isn't? Neal Brown is 10-10.

Tbh, Walt, Wanny, Chryst, and Narduzzi are good coaches and were solid hires. There is only so much you can do at Pitt. In today's landscape, It's not possible to recruit well enough at Pitt to be major player in college football.
Aren't you the same guy who was stroking himself over the job James Franklin did at Vanderbilt?? Trust me, 3 out of 4 seasons with 8 wins at Iowa State is unprecedented. That is what he is doing. That is what he is doing that Narduzzi isn't doing. All Narduzzi is doing is the same as the other guys, at a much higher price.

Mainly because he made that comment in '98 *after* Walt had pretty much reversed the culture in '97. Are you telling me there was no change in the program between 1996 and 1997? If so... you're an idiot.

Also, my guess is Matt Campbell knew he wasn't a D-I football player pretty quickly and needed an exit strategy that didn't make him look bad. The bad culture story is a perfect way of doing that.

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
Aren't you the same guy who was stroking himself over the job James Franklin did at Vanderbilt?? Trust me, 3 out of 4 seasons with 8 wins at Iowa State is unprecedented. That is what he is doing. That is what he is doing that Narduzzi isn't doing. All Narduzzi is doing is the same as the other guys, at a much higher price.

It's not unprecedented. Earl Bruce had 3 straight 8 win seasons there.

Narduzzi has chased away his offensive coordinators with the exception of Watson....who was a dud. I like Narduzzi but that falls on him. You shouldn't have a new offensive Coordinator every other year. Canada succeeded in spite of Narduzzi.
You like Narduzzi. A guy that alienates the fanbase. He’s a divisive figure. Boosters don’t like his bravado. He’s a career 7 win coach with far more blow out losses than signature wins. Go back to sitting on his lap.

Actually, the others left for greener pastures and more high profile programs. Are you saying Narduzzi didn't move on from Watson?

Stability with coordinators is a rare thing in college football.

You like Narduzzi. A guy that alienates the fanbase. He’s a divisive figure. Boosters don’t like his bravado. He’s a career 7 win coach with far more blow out losses than signature wins. Go back to sitting on his lap.

Bravado is good. Name one good coach that doesn't come with boatload of it.

Narduzzi doesn't win more because of the same reason as every other Pitt coach post-1989. You can't recruit at Pitt.

Reactions: Las Panteras
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT