ADVERTISEMENT

Quick thoughts

Crimmins27

Freshman
Apr 5, 2005
- WOW! That was fun! After K St, I thought we would be an above average shooting team and did not think we would have the struggles we have had ... but to see this happen this late against this caliber of a team shows drastic improvement.

- NC played well on offense for most of the game ... and we are still a way below average defensive team. The amount of lay ups we give up is just killing me. I know the average 'burgh fan will run with the fun of our offense, but we give points away and it scares me.

- I can likely be labeled a Jamie apologist. But the more I hear other coaches and people who get paid to follow the game ,,, and some that don't (DT), the more I feel confident with my opinion.

- That is a lie ... I always felt confident with my opinion!

- This teams improvement along with Jamie's uti;ization of players has been impressive. When guys like Jeter don't play most of the season then become a weapon, it can often mean a coach has tough decisions as his cast of charectors are slimly divided. Those minutes need to be earned and Jeter is doing that,

- Am I the only one that LOVES the way Chris Jones rebounds? He is getting better, has a true jumper that releases at the apex and will have a few more growth spurts.

- Artis once again had a brilliant pass. His feel for the offensive side of the game is natural and he has gifts that can't be taught.
- Cam will be missed more than some realize ... curious if his presence would have made a difference in the last 10 minutes down here in Louisville.

- I love our flexibility. We essentially can sub Newkirk for Randell (nice game by the way) for match ups (with the obvious personal adjustments on the floor). The use of the 3 spot as a gaurd or a big may never have been so flexible in Pitt history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News