ADVERTISEMENT

Quips coach

the board wanted him out and made up garbage to justify it. they don't expect a high school coach to change the environment anymore than they expect amazon to come into beaver county and give everyone 6 digit salaries. they wanted him out and made up excuses why.

Maybe they should bring Herb Pope in to coach the Basketball team.... oh wait, never mind.

Check out @CHarlan_Trib’s Tweet:
My old boss's brother used to be an assistant at Aliquippa.He told me Z was a hard ass on his kids. Many of these kids had no discipline in their lives.As far as holding recruiting letters,maybe some of these kids don't have the academics to get into college.Colleges are going to stop by to talk to kids and Coach Z.I don't see how he can keep schools from stopping by the school.I was also told why he wasn't a fan of Paterno and some other college coaches.Some coaches stereotyped his kids and that pissed Z off.

The "recruiting letters" part might have some merit. I'm aware that HS coaches do this in some places as favors to "preferred" schools. A HS football coach can have a lot of influence in the process. Good and bad.

This is definitely true. I think some people were upset that Kwantel's recruitment didn't blow up like he thought it would. He didn't have committable offers to any of the power programs in the region (OSU, PSU, ND, UM) and ended up at WVU. Some thought Coach Z could have sold him better to those programs (Osu and PSU specifically).

This is definitely true. I think some people were upset that Kwantel's recruitment didn't blow up like he thought it would. He didn't have committable offers to any of the power programs in the region (OSU, PSU, ND, UM) and ended up at WVU. Some thought Coach Z could have sold him better to those programs (Osu and PSU specifically).
James Franklin at Nit U knows quite well who Kwantel Raines is. If Franklin wanted him badly enough, he would've been on the Quips' sidelines high-fiving everyone and making his presence known. Blaming Coach Z for that is preposterous.

The community thinks he all of a sudden is unable to coach. Basically because he’s not winning WPIAL Titles. Losing to South Fayette and Quaker Valley this past year was final nail in coffin. Word during the season is he was going to retire....not sure why he hasn’t.
Didn't Mike Ditka have a phrase disparaging players that he considered soft... and it was some kind of "Sewickley"? Well, those softies in QV weren't so soft after all.

Here's more from that idiot Lowe from this trib article. They will get what they deserve.

Lowe said Zmijanac wasn’t adequately involved in the college recruiting process, citing his son’s experiences from the late-1990s, and insisted that Zmijanac didn’t distribute mail from college coaches. But Lowe also expressed criticism that Zmijanac hadn’t played high school football himself, and that the Quips had won only one state football championship during his tenure.

“It’s been building for awhile,” Lowe said of the board’s decision. “Twenty-one years. Yeah, he’s got a nice record, but he didn’t play one down. He didn’t run one touchdown. He didn’t work out at none of the practices. He had all them coaches who played in college, they were qualified to do it. He never played football. He never went to school for football. He didn’t do any of that, but he gets all the credit by using our kids to get his record to 500 wins and say he’s this great man.

“But that’s only part of it. To deal with kids, you have to deal with their whole life. Spirit, soul, body. You’ve got to deal with their lifestyle, their home life, all of that, because these kids are working their butts off to make you look good. How do they get appreciated? By throwing their letters in the garbage?”
So he was the high school Todd Haley?

He has to "deal with their whole life?" NO! NO he doesn't, the minute they leave the school his job is DONE! He owes NOTHING MORE. He also DOESN'T have to deal with their home life NOT AT ALL, If baby momma is a crack head, but junior is at practice everyday, coach owes nothing.

Ezra Lowe is apparently a f**cking moron. The football coach is supposed to fix poverty in Aliquippa? How about do a better job at your terrible school!!!!
It’s the new logic.

Get used to it. There’s a lot more where that came from.

So he was the high school Todd Haley?

He has to "deal with their whole life?" NO! NO he doesn't, the minute they leave the school his job is DONE! He owes NOTHING MORE. He also DOESN'T have to deal with their home life NOT AT ALL, If baby momma is a crack head, but junior is at practice everyday, coach owes nothing.
Coming to a community near you.

I’m reading Raines/Quip community Twitter and they’re saying that the media isn’t getting a lot of it right. Apparently they support the decision to oust him.

Still, you don’t treat a coach of his caliber like that. He deserves to stay as long as he’d like.

Perhaps if Raines played up to his 4 star potential against mostly no star Quaker Valley, they would have managed to beat them..

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Wonder if he'll steer any players to Pitt.....

I don't know, I don't think Coach Z was steering kids away from Pitt, and it sure seems like this same wave of parents and entitlement who ran Z out is also believing they are "too good" for Pitt. That they are holding Pitt responsible for maybe not giving Swanson a scholarship when they were recruiting Henry, that they didn't play Pugh, and even Shell is close enough to some of the Quip families.

Again, Pitt isn't even trying with Devonshire (I don't blame them) so obviously someone (maybe even Coach Z) has clued in Narduzzi he would be wasting his time there.

I am now really rooting hard against Aliquippa.

Reactions: Chaos
Especially when they are a single A team playing up to AAA. I wonder how many state titles they would have won playing down to their true level?

Its pretty sickening the priority winning at the highest level has taken in high school sports. You wanna bitch about tomlin not winning another super bowl since 08 with all that talent, that's reasonable. But you're gonna hold a high school coach at a public school to a higher standard than "just one state title". That is beyond laughable.

Again, I don't know if there are issues we have yet to hear publicly. But so far it's a really bad look for the school when all we know for sure so far is the school board made this decision and they feel like he hasn't won enough.

Here's more from that idiot Lowe from this trib article. They will get what they deserve.

Lowe said Zmijanac wasn’t adequately involved in the college recruiting process, citing his son’s experiences from the late-1990s, and insisted that Zmijanac didn’t distribute mail from college coaches. But Lowe also expressed criticism that Zmijanac hadn’t played high school football himself, and that the Quips had won only one state football championship during his tenure.

“It’s been building for awhile,” Lowe said of the board’s decision. “Twenty-one years. Yeah, he’s got a nice record, but he didn’t play one down. He didn’t run one touchdown. He didn’t work out at none of the practices. He had all them coaches who played in college, they were qualified to do it. He never played football. He never went to school for football. He didn’t do any of that, but he gets all the credit by using our kids to get his record to 500 wins and say he’s this great man.

“But that’s only part of it. To deal with kids, you have to deal with their whole life. Spirit, soul, body. You’ve got to deal with their lifestyle, their home life, all of that, because these kids are working their butts off to make you look good. How do they get appreciated? By throwing their letters in the garbage?”

LOL, sounds like somebody is butt hurt that their son didn't get more playing time and is jealous that the football coach is getting more accolades than some Dbag on the school board.:rolleyes:

Coming to a community near you.
So are you saying the coach is responsible for the players home life? Or what they do after they leave the school or team? We all went to high school, NONE of my teachers or coaches where involved in my life from the day I left forward, why? Because when s student leaves a team or school their obligation just plain ENDS, their job is OVER. And as long as the student shows up for school, practice and games, the teachers or coach have ZERO OBLIGATION to monitor their "home life".

Reactions: Chaos and vietvet1
I think they do. Like some here mentioned, they'll probably go back down to 1A, beat up on everyone, and win a couple titles to justify them slandering Zmijanac.

It's the opposite of what we preach to kids nowadays. Instead of taking on challenges with your best attitude and effort, make it as easy as you can for yourself so you can win a couple more games. Only thing the kids are getting out of it is a possible scholarship that they somehow wouldn't of gotten in 3A.

Stupid post, so playing at the level you're supposed to be at is not "taking on challenges"? Then everyone should play up?

So are you saying the coach is responsible for the players home life? Or what they do after they leave the school or team? We all went to high school, NONE of my teachers or coaches where involved in my life from the day I left forward, why? Because when s student leaves a team or school their obligation just plain ENDS, their job is OVER. And as long as the student shows up for school, practice and games, the teachers or coach have ZERO OBLIGATION to monitor their "home life".
How did that response well up in your brain from what I said?

Especially when they are a single A team playing up to AAA. I wonder how many state titles they would have won playing down to their true level?
True, and so many double A schools have moved down a level in recent years. I'm not too familiar with all the details of that, how did they end up playing up levels? Are they in a similar situation as central regarding male enrollment or did they choose to play up somehow? I was under the impression they strictly look at male or female enrollment numbers depending on the sport and simply classify them that way.

True, and so many double A schools have moved down a level in recent years. I'm not too familiar with all the details of that, how did they end up playing up levels? Are they in a similar situation as central regarding male enrollment or did they choose to play up somehow? I was under the impression they strictly look at male or female enrollment numbers depending on the sport and simply classify them that way.

The problem with Single A, is outside of Clairton (and used to be Duquesne) most A schools are like Avella or Leechburg, just rural schools. In all truthfulness unless it is unavoidable (meaning it is in a seriously remote area/county where you don't want kids being bussed 50 miles one way to school) there shouldn't be ANY single A schools. Especially in places like Allegheny County and the immediate/adjacent communities where in some instances you can almost see one HS from another.

I just read the entire thread. Why is Sean Gilbert upset at Pitt over the decision to not allow Zack to play? It was out of the university's hands. Pitt approached the ACC for clearance and the ACC denied Zack clearance to play football. We tried. In regards to a heart condition, there are many issues to consider. The ACC was not willing to take on the risk. Hail2Pitt.

Reactions: Chaos and vietvet1
better the player, the worse the coach seems to be pretty accurate in a lot of sports. maybe not at the high school level but higher levels. Look at nfl coaches, they always played the game but were never super stars. Cowher and Noll come to mind. NBA seems the same way, meh, ok maybe not more I think about that.

Marv levy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT