ADVERTISEMENT

Rained all week in Oklahoma...will potential sloppy conditions help Us?

mehinpgh

All Conference
Dec 6, 2004
I can see it both ways--slow down OSU arrial assault, but also hurt our vaunted ground game...thoughts?

going to be a sloppy surface for little kids in Oklahoma playing tiny mite football all weekend. For any college and high school games with turf, including osu, this wont matter. My best wishes to all the little kids in Oklahoma with passing offenses though.

Reactions: ddc17
I can see it both ways--slow down OSU arrial assault, but also hurt our vaunted ground game...thoughts?
Every time we go to a place with artificial turf, I always think our skill guys look faster. Advantage us.

going to be a sloppy surface for little kids in Oklahoma playing tiny mite football all weekend. For any college and high school games with turf, including osu, this wont matter. My best wishes to all the little kids in Oklahoma with passing offenses though.
LOL...why did I assume natural grass?...my mistake...haha

The first part of your post is correct.
Rule of thumb: If your team has a strong run game, good TE recievers and blockers, and your opponent has a strong passing game Do A Rain Dance!
PITT will run in the rain or in sloppy conditions no problem!

Reactions: SpPanther
LOL...why did I assume natural grass?...my mistake...haha
it's always a good debate, does a wet surface help or hurt the passing offense? On the surface, no pun intended, you'd think it would slow them down. wet ball, tougher to throw, slow down wrs but on the flip side, a WR who knows where he is going will get there a lot quicker than a CB/Safety who has to react.

Unless it's a downpour though, these guys seem to handle it pretty good. If anything, it could hurt us more and here is why. We have such little confidence in our passing game now, even under perfect conditions.. throw in some wet surface and a wet ball and hell, we may not even be able to complete anything as far as a pass.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT