ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting info...

cpc247

Redshirt
Jun 26, 2013
Don't know if it's limited local guys in the mix or if it's the early signing period, but it just seems like there has been little to NO news going around the board.

Dokish, Peak, Batko etc really haven't had much to say about Pitt recruiting. Don't know if that's a good thing because everyone is locked in or if that's horrible because no targets are becoming more interested.

Don't know if it's limited local guys in the mix or if it's the early signing period, but it just seems like there has been little to NO news going around the board.

Dokish, Peak, Batko etc really haven't had much to say about Pitt recruiting. Don't know if that's a good thing because everyone is locked in or if that's horrible because no targets are becoming more interested.
My thoughts exactly...no news...rumors...nothing

Very limited ships

True. Belive it or not we do not have space for everyone who wants to commit now.

We have 66 returning (I don’t believe many are going to leave). Plus we have 18 verbals who should sign. (Not counting Mack who is probably a long shot and won’t sign til late). Plus the OT Dick is pretty much considered a lock to sign. With him we are at the limit 85 ships. We turned down FL OL Boateng and we may not have space for Mahogany.

The staff is saving space for Devonshire whom I like our chances to sign in the late period. They are saving space for Mack (though a long shot). They seem to want to take another RB and will take the speedy Good. If he does not sign next up is probably NJ athlete Brian Ugwa. Big physical back who can aslo play LB. Per PSN he says Pitt is constantly in touch. He won’t sign til late. Last we will probably take a grad transfer TE.

So with Devonshire, a TE and a RB we are 3 over the limit. If we get Mack we are 4 over.

True. Belive it or not we do not have space for everyone who wants to commit now.

We have 66 returning (I don’t believe many are going to leave). Plus we have 18 verbals who should sign. (Not counting Mack who is probably a long shot and won’t sign til late). Plus the OT Dick is pretty much considered a lock to sign. With him we are at the limit 85 ships. We turned down FL OL Boateng and we may not have space for Mahogany.

The staff is saving space for Devonshire whom I like our chances to sign in the late period. They are saving space for Mack (though a long shot). They seem to want to take another RB and will take the speedy Good. If he does not sign next up is probably NJ athlete Brian Ugwa. Big physical back who can aslo play LB. Per PSN he says Pitt is constantly in touch. He won’t sign til late. Last we will probably take a grad transfer TE.

So with Devonshire, a TE and a RB we are 3 over the limit. If we get Mack we are 4 over.
I don’t believe it

Do you think we settled too early on some linemen? Guess the staff knows better.

IDK. Good question. I like the Mahogany kid but he is a mauler type G and we really need OT’s. Our starting OT’s will probably be Houy and Van Lynn whom have the natural athleticism & footwork to play OT. If you look at last year starting OL the OT’s really are natural guards. After Houy & Van Lynn almost everyone returning is a natural G when you think of their best position IMO. Drake when he played OT did not seem to have the quickest feet. I think he can play OT but is better as a G. Brown & Zubovic can play OT but I think they are best at G.

Seems the OL coach really wants OT’s. Can’t blame him after watching our pass blocking this year.

Last edited:
Btw Good just gave a verbal to UCF whom was considered the favorite as I posted in the thread about him.

Has anyone seen the film on the big NJ RB Brian Ugwa we are after? Like the 2 Sr RB’s we lose he is physical. And averaged a crazy 19 YPC.

I hadn’t read any of that. Mahogany is 100% Pitt according to 247. Has Ugwa 50/50 between Temple and Rutgers. No clue when that was updated. Was this from PSN?

I hadn’t read any of that. Mahogany is 100% Pitt according to 247. Has Ugwa 50/50 between Temple and Rutgers. No clue when that was updated. Was this from PSN?

Was told by a friend about Mahogany that is supposed to know some ppl in Bergen County NJ FB circles, but who knows.

As far as Ugwa yes there is an article on PSN where he seems high on Pitt. See link below

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2018/12/15/pat-narduzzi-visits-2019-new-jersey-athlete-brian-ugwa/

Here are his highlights. Wow he trucks dudes on the 1st run

As far as OT Dick, I believe you said that you are fairly high on him?

Last edited:
Was told by a friend about Mahogany that is supposed to know some ppl in Bergen County NJ FB circles, but who knows.

As far as Ugwa yes there is an article on PSN where he seems high on Pitt per the read. See link below

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2018/12/15/pat-narduzzi-visits-2019-new-jersey-athlete-brian-ugwa/

Here is his highlights. Wow he trucks dudes on the 1st run

As far as OT Dick, I believe you said that you are fairly high on him?

I think Dick plays angry. Finishes blocks. Technique isn’t pretty but yes, I think he’s a quality project.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT