ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting/NIL/ALL ACC… (long)

No… I think your thought process on this has malfunctioned.,. It’s silly to think they don’t care….

If I tell my wife I’m not going to buy her the diamond ring she wants for Christmas, does that mean I don’t care? No. If it means that much to her, I’ll need It to come up with a plan.

None of us know what goes on behind the scenes. In some cases, their livelihood is at stake….
I've always found the "(insert name) doesn't care about (insert whatever)" if things aren't going peachy as an extremely lazy answer. They dont' want to get into the nuances, complexities, roadblocks, etc that may be holding them back from reaching high levels, or if they are even doing everything right but are falling short, want to get into the reasoning. It's just easier to say "they dont' care".

Pitt and many other schools obviously care about not only football, but their other athletics. They either may not have some of the advantages other schools/conferences or whatever has, or timing of how things may play out could be an issue, etc, etc.

When I see "doesn't care" as the main argument, I typically just move on because there isn't much more to discuss with that person.

I've always found the "(insert name) doesn't care about (insert whatever)" if things aren't going peachy as an extremely lazy answer. They dont' want to get into the nuances, complexities, roadblocks, etc that may be holding them back from reaching high levels, or if they are even doing everything right but are falling short, want to get into the reasoning. It's just easier to say "they dont' care".

Pitt and many other schools obviously care about not only football, but their other athletics. They either may not have some of the advantages other schools/conferences or whatever has, or timing of how things may play out could be an issue, etc, etc.

When I see "doesn't care" as the main argument, I typically just move on because there isn't much more to discuss with that person.
I generally agree. However, there is some truth to certain schools not caring about football in the ACC. But the same could be said about a few schools in every other conference. To hang that on the entire ACC is wrong and doesn't explain why many of the members have made big investments in football. The conference, as a whole, isn't full of big state schools nor do they want to be football above all else, schools. That doesn't mean they don't care.

No… I think your thought process on this has malfunctioned.,. It’s silly to think they don’t care….

If I tell my wife I’m not going to buy her the diamond ring she wants for Christmas, does that mean I don’t care? No. If it means that much to her, I’ll need It to come up with a plan.

None of us know what goes on behind the scenes. In some cases, their livelihood is at stake….

The only way you make the dumb decisions the conference has made, is there’s no pressure to make the right ones.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT