ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits - Palmer and Danielson

Star and ratings > scouting report of random internet person that watched a highlight tape or single high school game.

Hahahahahahahahaha who do you think these people are that give “stars”? You think those people get the opportunity to see the millions of kids who play hs football all over the country?

TJ kids rarely meet the hype

great program that replaces key players every year and they don't miss a beat

Hahahahahahahahaha who do you think these people are that give “stars”? You think those people get the opportunity to see the millions of kids who play hs football all over the country?

I don't think millions of kids need to be scouted, as there aren't millions of kids capable of being 4* and 5* players.

Nix and DeCicco were multiyear starters at Pitt. Reed started at PS. Winovich starts at Michigan. Zandier is getting PT at UVA. Another kid started at VT.

nix didn't live up to his 5 star hype, and decicco was one of the most hated players at pitt aside from guys like tino and stull

Only idiots hated Decicco. He was a fine player for multiple seasons. His junior year, he was all conference. His Senior year he played with 1 arm and wasn't as effective but his play never sunk to the depths of deserving hate. He was one of many victims of Wanny's inability to put talent in the proper spot. He should've been a LB from the start where he played for the Bears until injuries ended his career.

Nix was a multi-year starter at a high level and also All-Big East. That is probably better than over half the 5-stars across the various services over the past few decades.

Bottom line: anyone saying that TJ players haven't been highly successful is clueless.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
nix didn't live up to his 5 star hype, and decicco was one of the most hated players at pitt aside from guys like tino and stull
Nix and DeCicco both had good, college careers and short stints in the NFL. Just because a few whackjobs on a message board say something doesn’t mean anyone was hated. That is absurd.

Reactions: PANTHERAN
We hated decicco? I don't remember this. Are you sure we knew this?

short memories

i stand by my comment the only players over the past 10 years that got more shit are stull and tino, deserved or not that was how it was

nix never made all conference, disappointing for a guy ranked among the top 30 in the nation

paterno had to call out reed to get him to be decent, got drafted but never played and he is the only TJ player to be drafted

winovich is the only one that lived up to the hype but it took him forever to start

i'm not saying they sucked, i'm saying the didn't live up to their high school hype

short memories

i stand by my comment the only players over the past 10 years that got more shit are stull and tino, deserved or not that was how it was

nix never made all conference, disappointing for a guy ranked among the top 30 in the nation

paterno had to call out reed to get him to be decent, got drafted but never played and he is the only TJ player to be drafted

winovich is the only one that lived up to the hype but it took him forever to start

i'm not saying they sucked, i'm saying the didn't live up to their high school hype
Decicco and nix both made NFL rosters and played professionally. Not sure what hype you are talking about. I'd say decicco over performed his high school ranking and proved wanny played him at wrong position. Nix was drafted so ditto on him.

Why would anyone have such strong resentment about decicco, that doesn't make sense. What sh*t did pitt fans allegedly give a safety? I can't even imagine why anyone would have strong feelings for or against him to be honest.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Only reason people didn’t like DeCicco was because he didn’t blow people up from the safety position like Ramon Walker. He made tackles downfield and often pushed people out of bounds. It didn’t matter that he was a sure tackler and one of the better players on the field, he didn’t make sports center enough with big hits.

I liked Dom, but if anybody bitched, it’s because of what I said above.

Only reason people didn’t like DeCicco was because he didn’t blow people up from the safety position like Ramon Walker. He made tackles downfield and often pushed people out of bounds. It didn’t matter that he was a sure tackler and one of the better players on the field, he didn’t make sports center enough with big hits.

He got moved to LB in the NFL. I wish Wanny would have done it in college.

Reactions: Swervin27
Decicco and nix both made NFL rosters and played professionally. Not sure what hype you are talking about. I'd say decicco over performed his high school ranking and proved wanny played him at wrong position. Nix was drafted so ditto on him.

Why would anyone have such strong resentment about decicco, that doesn't make sense. What sh*t did pitt fans allegedly give a safety? I can't even imagine why anyone would have strong feelings for or against him to be honest.

making the nfl for a year or so doesn't mean they were great players at pitt, lafayette pitts is another guy that made the nfl and he was hated almost as much as dom

nix was undrafted free agent

decicco gave up big plays all the time, took a lot of criticism for being slow

at least he did on scout

I think the bigger frustration was that he was not able to cover AND he really wasn't a big hitter, which may play into the "sportscenter" comment. Basically it was on Wanny for not putting him at the correct position.

I really like Danielson. I think he will be really good when all is said and done.

I don't know much about Palmer being truthful. No clue on him.

making the nfl for a year or so doesn't mean they were great players at pitt, lafayette pitts is another guy that made the nfl and he was hated almost as much as dom

nix was undrafted free agent

decicco gave up big plays all the time, took a lot of criticism for being slow

at least he did on scout
so the board didn't criticize Decicco as much as you seem to have an issue with him.. listen, you want to hate on TJ kids, knock yourself out, I could care less, I hate the area. century 3 mall sucks, rt. 51 is nothing more than a stretch of every terrible chain restaurant in the world and the only good thing about the area was Trackers raceway, a go kart track that for some reason, they got rid of 20 years ago. So you want to go off on the TJ Jaguars, I wont stop you, just don't make up a narrative here about pantherlair having a hatred that doesn't exist.

Nix was a 4-star on this site and ESPN. I think he might've been a 5-star on Scout but they have over 50 5-stars in the final evaluation. The basic premise of him being overrated for a 5-star is wrong. He was All-BigEast his Senior year as a T after flipping between G and T his Junior year. Wanny blew his redshirt his true freshman year to only play him about a dozen plays in 6 games. His Soph. year he started every game at T and helped Lewis rush for almost 1800 yards.

Nix was a 4-star on this site and ESPN. I think he might've been a 5-star on Scout but they have over 50 5-stars in the final evaluation. The basic premise of him being overrated for a 5-star is wrong. He was All-BigEast his Senior year as a T after flipping between G and T his Junior year. Wanny blew his redshirt his true freshman year to only play him about a dozen plays in 6 games. His Soph. year he started every game at T and helped Lewis rush for almost 1800 yards.
he also hung it up, gave up on his teammates and started getting ready for his NFL career, 1/2 way thru his senior season. A d-bag move. no way in hell was he too hurt to play in those later games..

so the board didn't criticize Decicco as much as you seem to have an issue with him.. listen, you want to hate on TJ kids, knock yourself out, I could care less, I hate the area. century 3 mall sucks, rt. 51 is nothing more than a stretch of every terrible chain restaurant in the world and the only good thing about the area was Trackers raceway, a go kart track that for some reason, they got rid of 20 years ago. So you want to go off on the TJ Jaguars, I wont stop you, just don't make up a narrative here about pantherlair having a hatred that doesn't exist.

i have no issue with him or any TJ kid or any kid from any high school, the scout forum had a major issue with him

no idea what people were saying about him here as i wasn't here then, though many of the posters from scout post here so i don't think there would be much of a difference, dom was absolutely despised

century 3 mall was once a great mall, hard to be a good mall when every store shuts down for whatever reason, it definitely looked better than south hills village until about 12 years ago when it started its decline,that mall looks small and generic same thing with westmoreland mall

what well populated suburb in pittsburgh isn't mostly chain restaurants? seems like an odd way to criticize the area, rt 51 is dangerous would've been a more valid criticism

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT