ADVERTISEMENT

Reds take 2 of 3 from Suckos

Now put Cole Tucker's numbers up there.

.169/.169/.220

If you want to bitch about the Pirates there's a good place to start. Or Yoshi Tsutsugo, .203/.315/.270. Or Jake Marisnick, .163/.196/.204. Or Josh Vanmeter, .152/.204/.239. Or if you don't want to just pick on the hitters, about half of the pitching staff, including three of the starters, have been really bad.

But if you think that Ke'Bryan Hayes is the problem, or one of the problems, with this team then you are doing it wrong.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Cole Tucker sucks, has never hit anywhere throughout the minors and majors. He is the textbook definition of first round bust. The fact that he continues to get ample playing time is an insult to the fans.

Then there's Shelton who decided to give Ke'Bryan Hayes a day off yesterday even though they were rained out Friday and only played 4 games the whole week smh. Hayes' father Charlie even was shocked, on twitter he tweeted 'What?' after it was announced lol.

Shelton is a bargain basement garbage manager but the team is mostly a collection of bums and stiffs that have no long term future at all. They fit the mold for teams like the Pirates because they can masquerade as major league ballplayers on the cheap. Just how Nutting likes it.
I lost it after just 8 games both Hayes and Reynolds were rested after a rainout that week. Shelton explained it’s a long year. And after a shortened spring training . How would you like to have purchased tix for that lineup?

Reactions: PittPoker
I lost it after just 8 games both Hayes and Reynolds were rested after a rainout that week. Shelton explained it’s a long year. And after a shortened spring training . How would you like to have purchased tix for that lineup?

His lineup management seems really bad. I also think that if they don't change their philosophy around the pitching staff that it is likely to get worse rather than better. You can't keep sending out starters expecting them to only throw three or four innings and have the bullpen make it up. Or at least you can't if you don't want those bullpen guy's arms to fall off.

Cole Tucker sucks, has never hit anywhere throughout the minors and majors. He is the textbook definition of first round bust. The fact that he continues to get ample playing time is an insult to the fans.

Then there's Shelton who decided to give Ke'Bryan Hayes a day off yesterday even though they were rained out Friday and only played 4 games the whole week smh. Hayes' father Charlie even was shocked, on twitter he tweeted 'What?' after it was announced lol.

Shelton is a bargain basement garbage manager but the team is mostly a collection of bums and stiffs that have no long term future at all. They fit the mold for teams like the Pirates because they can masquerade as major league ballplayers on the cheap. Just how Nutting likes it.
And that prick runs his newspapers like he runs the Pirates. He makes money while driving everyone else into the ground.

Just remember that if they do develop into a good team.

I’m sure as is tradition with Pittsburgh fans you’ll say you were there all along.
Nope don't like the organization one bit but keep believing in all the BS.

I like the GM and they're trying to build it from the ground up the right way. And if they have a young star, then they will try and lock him in like they did with KeBryan Hayes. I'm giving them a chance. 3rd place and ahead of the Cubs...not a bad start.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I like the GM and they're trying to build it from the ground up the right way. And if they have a young star, then they will try and lock him in like they did with KeBryan Hayes. I'm giving them a chance. 3rd place and ahead of the Cubs...not a bad start.
The division is a joke and why do it the right way when the owner will just trade the players away? Some of you just don't get it.

The division is a joke and why do it the right way when the owner will just trade the players away? Some of you just don't get it.
Yea, you. The “wahhhhh they’ll just trade everyone” is one of the laziest and ignorant arguments I’ve ever seen used.

Even though it's true? Being Mr Contrary and being dead wrong is an even lazier and more pathetic argument.
Actually, it isn’t true. At Lear in the sense that when they were good they extended their players through FA.

It’s May 14th and Cruz is hitting .182 at AAA. If he was hitting around .200 on May 1st it wouldn’t be a big deal, but .182 after 6 weeks of the season. They should probably be discussing if he’s overmatched by AAA pitching, and should they send him back to Altoona.

Those who live on hope die fasting. Let's see where the suckos are at come August. I'd never step foot inside PNC Park while that hillbilly owns the team.
Everyone knows they are no good.
So why live and die with every game or series in May?!?

Reactions: Ski11585
It’s May 14th and Cruz is hitting .182 at AAA. If he was hitting around .200 on May 1st it wouldn’t be a big deal, but .182 after 6 weeks of the season. They should probably be discussing if he’s overmatched by AAA pitching, and should they send him back to Altoona.
This is concerning.
Also his stated desire to remain at SS instead of trying an outfield position. The Pirates are SS heavy in their organization, but with Cruz, it is all about the bat. A big lefthanded hitter with power is the big upside for Cruz.
The fact that he isn't hitting his weight at AAA and with little pop is VERY concerning.

Red flag??? IDK, but he's certainly one of the cornerstone pieces of the future that the Pirates are counting on.
Hope he pulls out of it!!

This is concerning.
Also his stated desire to remain at SS instead of trying an outfield position. The Pirates are SS heavy in their organization, but with Cruz, it is all about the bat. A big lefthanded hitter with power is the big upside for Cruz.
The fact that he isn't hitting his weight at AAA and with little pop is VERY concerning.

Red flag??? IDK, but he's certainly one of the cornerstone pieces of the future that the Pirates are counting on.
Hope he pulls out of it!!

There's about an 8% chance he'll be an effective (like something even close to average) MLB shortstop, so every day they let him tell him what position he is going to play is another day missed on working him out at either first base or right field, which is where he will end up. Sorry, but you don't play shortstop in the major leagues at 6'7". Even if you're fantastic, the laws of physics just make it too difficult, as it takes more time to bend in a game that comes down to fractions of seconds.

But yes - the bat is absolutely more important in his case. It's almost like he might not be as good as billed, and all the people pounding their chests over how amazing this team is going to be in a few years are actually wrong. Hmm, where have I seen that play out before?

Oh well. At least we have Mitch Keller's hype to carry us to great heights for now.

There's about an 8% chance he'll be an effective (like something even close to average) MLB shortstop, so every day they let him tell him what position he is going to play is another day missed on working him out at either first base or right field, which is where he will end up. Sorry, but you don't play shortstop in the major leagues at 6'7". Even if you're fantastic, the laws of physics just make it too difficult, as it takes more time to bend in a game that comes down to fractions of seconds.

But yes - the bat is absolutely more important in his case. It's almost like he might not be as good as billed, and all the people pounding their chests over how amazing this team is going to be in a few years are actually wrong. Hmm, where have I seen that play out before?

Oh well. At least we have Mitch Keller's hype to carry us to great heights for now.
It’s amazing to me when supposed “fans” essentially root for them to fail.

Making observations of performance and expressing concern is rooting to fail???
Who knew?
No, but the way he basically says “haha he’s going to bust and the pirates will suck” is rooting for them to fail.

like I’ve said, Pittsburgh fans are some of the most garbage on sports.

No, but the way he basically says “haha he’s going to bust and the pirates will suck” is rooting for them to fail.
So why do you assume he's a "fan"??
Sure doesn't sound like one to me.

Fan or not, Cruz hitting .175 at AAA with little power and tons of K's is very concerning. He's an important piece going forward.

So why do you assume he's a "fan"??
Sure doesn't sound like one to me.

Fan or not, Cruz hitting .175 at AAA with little power and tons of K's is very concerning. He's an important piece going forward.
Sure. I agree. I’m worried about Reynolds as well as Hayes hitting for no power.

I’m not rooting for them to fail like that dude obviously is.

Sure. I agree. I’m worried about Reynolds as well as Hayes hitting for no power.

Nothing I said indicated I am rooting for them to fail. I'm not a fan right now, though. If they become respectable again, I'll hop back on the bandwagon like Rosie Ruiz at the Boston Marathon. Until then, I'll remain skeptical of just how loaded our farm system is. I've taken the bait too many times: Hermansen, Benson, Lincoln, Meadows, Glasnow, Keller, Polanco... Fool me 175 times, shame on me. Even some of our hits have come with a caveat (Alvarez's success was short-lived; Marte pretty much produced the bare minimum to not be considered a bust; etc.). Prospect-lover Huntington even used to love to take on reclamation projects and try to transform other teams' former top prospects (Tabata, Milledge, Clement, Andy LaRoche, Ike Davis), which more or less never worked for any position player. At least he's out of town.

But I've poured more than enough time and energy into a franchise that wasn't even trying. As of a few years ago, I just hit the point where I don't care. If and when they field a real team again, I'll watch. If not, oh well. They don't really deserve anyone's unconditional fanhood at this point.

Nothing I said indicated I am rooting for them to fail. I'm not a fan right now, though. If they become respectable again, I'll hop back on the bandwagon like Rosie Ruiz at the Boston Marathon. Until then, I'll remain skeptical of just how loaded our farm system is. I've taken the bait too many times: Hermansen, Benson, Lincoln, Meadows, Glasnow, Keller, Polanco... Fool me 175 times, shame on me. Even some of our hits have come with a caveat (Alvarez's success was short-lived; Marte pretty much produced the bare minimum to not be considered a bust; etc.). Prospect-lover Huntington even used to love to take on reclamation projects and try to transform other teams' former top prospects (Tabata, Milledge, Clement, Andy LaRoche, Ike Davis), which more or less never worked for any position player. At least he's out of town.

But I've poured more than enough time and energy into a franchise that wasn't even trying. As of a few years ago, I just hit the point where I don't care. If and when they field a real team again, I'll watch. If not, oh well. They don't really deserve anyone's unconditional fanhood at this point.
I thought he was attacking me. I want the Suckos to win, I'm just realistic about a 40 year shit show.

The reason to be concerned about Reynolds is he is hurting his trade value. Hayes will be fine. He's basically a rookie learning the ropes.

Anyway, NONE of the position players you see on the field right now, with the obvious exception of Hayes and perhaps Castro, will play a meaningful role if and when the PIrates contend again. Nothing to get excited about at the moment at PNC. The Pirates would like a couple of these guys to have career years so they can get rid of them for value at the deadline.

Might be a couple of serviceable pitchers.

BTW, the Pirates are getting no hit by a Reds rookie. That tells you all you need to know about this current lineup.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT