ADVERTISEMENT

Reed Kohberger On Pitt Football POV 6 July 2017 Roundtable Video, LINK!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
I have no clue what is happening on Pitt Football Program and so thankful Chris Peak, Panther Lair Posters, and Reed Kohberger follow it so much better. They and you are the True Pitt Insiders, so go to the Link to Hear what many Pitt In The Know Fans Think.

Not sure of my Video Connections to Reed's Podcasts, they stopped in the middle. I am sure he can fix it later if on his end? I really enjoy his time and analysis on Pitt Is It Football! Reed seems to be Pitt counterpart to BWI PSU Grosz and WVU Mountaineer WVU Vernon Analysts on Rivals and elsewhere. They all compliment Chris Peak information in my view and appreciate all of them sharing their views too to learn on the Lair.

LINK:
https://pittpov.com/2017/07/06/pov-762017-roundtable-video/

Well, that is a fan roundtable only guys - I'm not sure what you expected.

The roundtable it isn't supposed to be any sort of a professional news report, journalism or anything close to it. It is a few readers getting together and talking about a few subjects... like we all do when sitting around having a few beers and talking Pitt football. It is all about opinions and memories at this point in the summer Pitt football doldrums. In August when we get back into the fall camp and regular season we'll zone in on more timely football issues and really have Pitt 's program and our players' work to talk about... but right now it's just our off season conversations.

Chris Peak is the professional and the Insider in that arena, that is his profession and he gets paid to do so... and I listen to all his podcasts and read all his articles because they are very good - what we do on the POV is strictly for our own enjoyment. Obviously from the technical aspects of the video and audio you can see it is an amateur setup...and will stay that way as my hobby

And BTW - our readers and commenters are some of the most knowledgeable Pitt fans around... and at 88 comments per article on average (on 320 articles out of our first 365 days - 6.1 per week) over the last year sure is for good Pitt football fix when needed. Almost 28,000 comments in that single year makes for a hell of a lot of conversations. You won't find anywhere near that in any other Pitt football media website...

https://pittpov.com/2017/06/24/happy-birthday-pitt-pov/

Please jump over, join us and take time to really write out your football thoughts... I'd love to read what you yourselves have to say...especially at this point in the year.

Thanks - Reed

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly

The roundtable it isn't supposed to be any sort of a professional news report, journalism or anything close to it. It is a few readers getting together and talking about a few subjects... like we all do when sitting around having a few beers and talking Pitt football. It is all about opinions and memories at this point in the summer Pitt football doldrums. In August when we get back into the fall camp and regular season we'll zone in on more timely football issues and really have Pitt 's program and our players' work to talk about... but right now it's just our off season conversations.

Chris Peak is the professional and the Insider in that arena, that is his profession and he gets paid to do so... and I listen to all his podcasts and read all his articles because they are very good - what we do on the POV is strictly for our own enjoyment. Obviously from the technical aspects of the video and audio you can see it is an amateur setup...and will stay that way as my hobby

And BTW - our readers and commenters are some of the most knowledgeable Pitt fans around... and at 88 comments per article on average (on 320 articles out of our first 365 days - 6.1 per week) over the last year sure is for good Pitt football fix when needed. Almost 28,000 comments in that single year makes for a hell of a lot of conversations. You won't find anywhere near that in any other Pitt football media website...

Please jump over, join us and take time to really write out your football thoughts... I'd love to read what you yourselves have to say...especially at this point in the year.

Thanks - Reed
Well it was just very surprising to me to hear from the 3 people involved in the discussion that the biggest Pitt victories that came to their mind were the 13-9 victory over WVU or the win over Clemson. Yea, they were big wins but Pitt history goes back a long way....there were games with much higher stakes....how about Pitt's wins over ND in 75when TD gained over 300 yards or the win over ND in 76, the win over PSU to cap off the undefeated season in 76, the national championship win over Georgia or the Pitt win over Georgia in the Sugar Bowl on Marino to John Brown. On the uniform discussion, it didn't seem that anyone involved in the discussion recognized that the real debate is over three main uniform choices: the script with navy blue and beige colors, canary yellow and bright blue and the colors of the glory years when Pitt script was first introduced.

Keep up the good work! Don't mean to be hyper-critiical. H2P

Well, I considered the Sugar Bowl game for the national championship but there was no big underdog status for Pitt in that game as we had in the 13-9 game and against Clemson this last season. I think we all kind of figured we'd beat Georgia with Dorsett carrying the ball, at least I did.

Also this year's PSU game was special coming off not playing for 16 years and the crap attitude the Nitter fans had toward it "not being a rivalry"any longer. We pretty much shut them up and fingers crossed we do it again this season - that will be a very tough game to win I think.

So my choices were made on more surprising wins that made the victory all that much sweeter. But those old games were great.

As far as the 1975 and 1976 seasons go the callers weren't following Pitt football as much as you and I obviously were - one of the callers was only a small child when those seasons happened so his frame of reference was much more recent. The other was in his teens...

As to the uniforms I was basing that discussion on this article...

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...ge-royal-blue-and-yellow/stories/201706270143
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...ge-royal-blue-and-yellow/stories/201706270143
... where only one combination was discussed (I hate the idea actually - those colors look childish to me). Do you have a link to the info on the other two uniforms you mentioned that are under consideration?- I'd love to share that with the readers.

One issue I actually wanted to discuss was our AD Lyke stating that she believes Graduate Transfers should sit out a year... I bet Narduzzi just loved that thought! But I forgot to slip that subject in.

Thanks - Reed
I like Analysis and you enjoy it too, I no longer do them, just post info mostly links that do them. Being Pitt Fans is part of being Fun and i like reading, hearing and to what others have to say, and if I see it, I post it as a Link!

I have been doing something different now, I like ti listen to the Other Teams Broadcast and you learn quite a number of things. I did it listening to to Teams playing Penn State, USC and WVU. I am going to start to do it with Pitt this year.

It provides a different view and then I watch Pitt Replays!

Keep up the Analysis!

Reed, please fix that software your using. If not, kick it to the curb and get something else that works better. Has to be plenty of options out there.

ADVERTISEMENT