ADVERTISEMENT

Refs just gave unc 2 Tds

Hah the refs had to review Mack catch
On one play Renyolds was being had for a lengthy period as he was penetrating in the middle, then Folston held crashing in from the edge. The Ref actually reached for his flag but did not throw it.

Jackson was held on the TD. No question about it.

Last edited:
The typical Pitt loser response when we lose in football and basketball.
I'll bet you have a similar excuse for everything that goes wrong in your life=loser.

How about the team played bad,the coaching staff was terrible, UNC shouldn't have scored 38, and Pitt lost the game.
The officials had nothing to do with the loss they don't play for Pitt only the bad Pitt players play for Pitt.

I'll bet you have a similar excuse for everything that goes wrong in your life=loser.

How about the team played bad,the coaching staff was terrible, UNC shouldn't have scored 38, and Pitt lost the game.
The officials had nothing to do with the loss they don't play for Pitt only the bad Pitt players play for Pitt.
Dude, go have another one in the country club bar. You’re a nut, a racist and completely clueless about sports.

The loser is the person who can't speak the truth about both. You're acting like a little snowflake, calling people losers for discussing the football game.

Of course you do.

All you losers have to blame someone or something for your shortcomings.

The unaccountables!
LOL.

Guys, not here at all to gloat.
I watched some of your game. PSU is no stranger to bad officiating against OSU and Michigan. I have to say, the call on your last TD, where the ref 5 yards away called it out of bounds, was one of the more egregious calls I've ever seen. The type of call that makes you go "hmmmmm....." Got overturned on replay, but you have to wonder what that official was thinking.

You can argue that your team needs to play better, but you shouldn't have to overcome officiating that bad as well, and it's not whining, complaining or making excuses to say so.

Think that’s a bit over the top my man... blatant bad calls at crucial times can impact any game where teams are playing even. Jeez...

Reactions: newcfo
Think that’s a bit over the top my man... blatant bad calls at crucial times can impact any game where teams are playing even. Jeez...

I want PITT to win as much as the next guy/girl PITT fan.

If you look at most PITT losses in football or basketball you'll find a similar thread started or dominated by the same posters telling us the officials cost PITT the game.
When the facts actually show that poor coaching and play caused the loss.

The apologists! Who don't want to own up to the fact that the staff and players aren't very good so this is their safe space without offending anyone!

The way I look at things if the officials are bad they're bad for both teams and if we checked the tape I bet we can find some calls that went against UNC.
Timing of bad calls can be a factor especially if they're at the end of the game since there's no time for the officials to make a compensating bad call for the other team.

Reactions: paulbl99
On one play Renyolds was being had for a lengthy period as he was penetrating in the middle, then Folston held crashing in from the edge. The Ref actually reached for his flag but did not throw it.

It was really inexcusable

It was really inexcusable

Let’s just be totally honest UNC was short handed with suspensions and were off two weeks and missed practices the week of this game and still smacked us in the face. Were there bad calls yes but was that the sole reason we lost no. We just aren’t good period. We are no further along than when this coach got here and the defense has been putrid. Every game it seems someone plays their career game against us. Good teams overcome a call here and there that goes against them but Pitt is just not good enough to overcome them. It was a badly officiated game I agree but to not score again until late in the 4th quarter is unacceptable. Giving up third and 17’s is not acceptable we can’t control the officiating but those things need fixed or we won’t win again.

Let’s just be totally honest UNC was short handed with suspensions and were off two weeks and missed practices the week of this game and still smacked us in the face. Were there bad calls yes but was that the sole reason we lost no. We just aren’t good period. We are no further along than when this coach got here and the defense has been putrid. Every game it seems someone plays their career game against us. Good teams overcome a call here and there that goes against them but Pitt is just not good enough to overcome them. It was a badly officiated game I agree but to not score again until late in the 4th quarter is unacceptable. Giving up third and 17’s is not acceptable we can’t control the officiating but those things need fixed or we won’t win again.
A bit about the suspensions (I could be wrong): UNC was not forced to suspend their players for their first games. They were allowed to stagger (at least some of the suspensions). Had UNC not been allowed to do that at least 2 of their key players would not have played against Pitt. Well they did play.

Does anyone know who UNC sat on suspension against Pitt?

Most games are very poorly officiated. Probably always were, but now we have 700 cameras at every game that prove it.

That said, I have no doubt that bias exists in all of the conferences for the good old boys.

You didn’t need cameras for those holds they were the main reason for the scores, the lead blocks

A bit about the suspensions (I could be wrong): UNC was not forced to suspend their players for their first games. They were allowed to stagger (at least some of the suspensions). Had UNC not been allowed to do that at least 2 of their key players would not have played against Pitt. Well they did play.

Does anyone know who UNC sat on suspension against Pitt?

Suspended players included their QB and preseason All-ACC DE.

Suspended players included their QB and preseason All-ACC DE.
I believe we would have had a better shot against the other QB (Suratt ?) - He has happy feet, looks to run and I doubt he could be on time and accurate on those bubble screens.

I know Fox ( I believe that is the name) has not sit yet and If the AA-ACC DE is Macey(same qualifier as with Fox) I believe he played too. Fox had 7 tackles, 2 for losses (a sack) and 2 QB hurries

Edit: The DE is named Carney - He did not appear in the participation listing (I sure thought he played)

Last edited:

The refs sucked and certainly negatively impacted Pitt.

As for being clueless...you certainly seem to be a subject matter expert.

I watched the game again. That no call was huge. And there was NO excuse for NO flag. I would like to hear what the ACC says about it. That no call was HUGE! If they make the call unc has 3rd and 27. They wouldnthave had the opportunity to get the winning TD that they got on that drive 2 plays later.

The refs are why Pitt was again outscored
17-0 in the third quarter and only managed 7 points in the second half.

The refs have been screwing us all year long, especially in the second hAlves of games.

I bet the refs really screw us against ucf

Well lack of coaching, adjustment and flat out talent lost the game. But these announcers, who always seem to favor the old guard ACC team against Pitt, even they were calling for and surprised at the no calls on UNC and the egregiously bad call on our last touchdown. So......it is not just Pitt fans who saw that show. But hey, we had been warned about the Carolina slant since we entered this conference.

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT