ADVERTISEMENT

Renovations at the Petersen Events Center

Why don't they want to win? What qualifies as wanting to win? Paying a huge buyout for a bad coach? Upgrading the pete, locker rooms etc to help recruiting? Flipping the court and moving the students into the best seats to get them engaged? Paying in the top half of the conference for their coach?

Or is it just paying recruits under the table that counts??
It’s doing whatever needs to be done to get the talent into a Panther uniform . It’s been done before !

Does Johnny Majors win a national championship without TD ,

This is false. Once Pitt succeeded in selling out the Pete, they made very little effort to ever attract anyone new. The reason it emptied out is because they never converted those 10+ years of Oakland Zoo students into season ticket holders. The ADs were more than happy to keep siphoning money from 40-60 year olds, tricking them into bidding against each other for seats every year.
Your wrong my group of 6 all left because we weren’t being entertained . It went from 6 to 5 to 2 to just me and then I bailed out .

They weren’t the same program in the ACC as they were in the BE . They weren’t winning and the games lacked the excitement we were use to . The Pete was turning into a silent tomb .

Once your out of school a lot of factors determine whether you continue going to college bb games . Walking 5 minutes up the hill from your dorm is a little different than living outside the city working the next morning and living 45 minutes away .

If you were a season ticket holder you'd know how much Pitt is charging for tickets next year.
I didn't buy season tickets last year since I knew there wouldn't be any fans allowed. I did buy tickets for the November games when they were allowing a few thousand fans but those orders were canceled when the stricter capacity limits started so now I have a credit on my account.

You are exactly the type of person I am talking about, and disproving your own argument.
Yea, I don't understand his point.

I also bailed late in Dixon II. Gave up my season tickets but my reason was different. I still couldn't get lower level seats and I felt the upper level seats were at a price that far exceeded their value (maybe $500-$600 for the season) so I gave them up and Stubhub'd lowers for maybe $200 per season. At least I kept going to the games. Everyone else who bailed just decided to watch on TV. I started getting season tickets again when Stallings was hired because I could get lowers at a good price.

You are exactly the type of person I am talking about, and disproving your own argument.
We left after going to games for 40 yrs , none of us joined the bandwagon because of JDs or Howlands success . Had any one of my buddies stayed I would’ve too .

When Pitt went to the Pete from the Field House the attendance skyrocketed because they were a team on the rise , they had finished the two previous seasons 9th and 4th in the final AP poll then they were 9th , NR ,16th, 12th, 17th , 4th 18th, 4th,now the down turned started and the fans started leaving the Pete , they finished NR , 13th in BE , 5th in ACC , 9th in ACC and 9th ACC in JDs last yr . They went from a national power to a bubble tournament team that of course lost early in the NCAAs . That’s the reason the Pete was emptying out not that the reason your putting out there . If they had remained a top 15 team in the nation you still couldn’t get tickets very easily . Like Al Davis use to say “win baby win “

We left after going to games for 40 yrs , none of us joined the bandwagon because of JDs or Howlands success . Had any one of my buddies stayed I would’ve too .
You claimed the people who grew tired of winning were people unfamiliar with the program's historic lack of success. You then admit that you grew tired of winning after following the program for 40 years and dropped your tickets. You were the problem.

Reactions: Saboteur II
You claimed the people who grew tired of winning were people unfamiliar with the program's historic lack of success. You then admit that you grew tired of winning after following the program for 40 years and dropped your tickets. You were the problem.
Do you know how to read ?

I never mentioned anything about my feelings or being tired of winning . I guess you call 9-9 winning because JDs OOC schedule was so pathetic it shouldn’t have counted . Those OOC games were sparsely attended and you couldn’t even give those tickets away . I watched many yrs of Pitt bb that weren’t so good over the yrs , I just reached a point were I didn’t feel like going to the games by myself . I must admit JDs last few yrs at Pitt the level of Pitt bb and the style of play wasn't all that entertaining . You realize that’s what it is entertainment .

Your premise is wrong , but you just can’t admit it , it’s about what I‘d expect from you .

I'm convinced the new cushions still weren't soft enough for mama bear and thats why we lost out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT