ADVERTISEMENT

Revis (Class) Irvin (Trash)

Piranha

Athletic Director
Jul 31, 2001
Congrats to DR

This post was edited on 2/1 10:36 PM by Piranha

What did Revis do to equal "class"? Seriously, he won the Super Bowl. So did LeGarrette Blount. I am sorry, I am a grown man and I have stopped being "fanboys" to these guys.

What has Revis done for Pitt? How much of his big salary has he donated to Pitt? How has he helped the program? He is related to seemingly half of Aliquippa, why didn't he help us with Dravon Henry?

Sorry, I cheer for the uniform and those who wear it when they are here. Once they leave, it will depend on their actions. Hate to be brutally honest.

I don't think you can be serious. What has he done for Pitt? The same thing Fitzgerald, McCoy, and now Donald have done for Pitt. They are all the best at their respective positions in the NFL which clearly does show well for Pitt to recruits and general fans. As far as Revis in particular, what has he done that hasn't put Pitt in a good light, aside from a few twitter exchanges with Richard Sherman? By the way, I'm sure Stanford alum are really proud of Sherman and his antics...

Revis is always quick to mention Pitt and Pittsburgh, seems like he is pretty proud of both.

Originally posted by CaptainMurphy:
I don't think you can be serious. What has he done for Pitt? The same thing Fitzgerald, McCoy, and now Donald have done for Pitt. They are all the best at their respective positions in the NFL which clearly does show well for Pitt to recruits and general fans. As far as Revis in particular, what has he done that hasn't put Pitt in a good light, aside from a few twitter exchanges with Richard Sherman? By the way, I'm sure Stanford alum are really proud of Sherman and his antics...

Revis is always quick to mention Pitt and Pittsburgh, seems like he is pretty proud of both.
That and a box of chocolates get you what? The teams were mediocre when they were all here. I would rather them be more successful in college than the pros. If it would help recruiting, then yeah. But what stud 4-5 star prospect ever said, "man I am going to Pitt because XXXX played here". And these guys, unlike Penn State alums, Ohio State alums, the U, etc....I don't see them actively helping out recruiting or anything like that. And then there is that donation thingy....

Originally posted by CaptainMurphy:

Did he say he was from Pitt or Aliquippa during the starting lineup intros? I didnt see it.

The teams may have been mediocre but the players were not. All four will probably have their numbers retired here someday,

And I do think it helps to have some all-star lineage and name recognition when it comes to recruiting. Do you think a young recruit isn't going to notice who came before them? And how are you certain that these guys don't help out or donating (not that it is completely relevant)? Are you privy to such information?

My wife and I watched the intros and were waiting for Revis!

I guess he said Pitt but he said it so fast it was hard to hear!

The other guys were more deliberate and slower with the name of their U.

Some of you might think this doesn't matter but its huge "free" PR on national TV at the Stuperbowl!

Slow down Mr. Revis. P--iii---ttt!

Go Pitt!

The other thing they all have in common is that they donate squat to the Atlhletic Department.

This post was edited on 2/2 6:39 PM by TiredRam97

I agree Tired Ram I wonder how donation of the Pitt stars compare to other U's stars!

We've had a bunch in football not many basketball NBA stars!

Adams was a one and out not even from this country guy so I wonder how much loyalty he has for Pitt!

Go Pitt!

He has been a complete professional his entire career.

He works and gives his time and money to Nerih Inc, and gives much money to the Crones disease foundation which supports the disease his sister has. He has also done many functions to raise money for childhood cancer, like the basketball game he sponsored for Alex's lemonade stand.

Furthermore he has always been gracious in loses, and classy in victory. You dont see onfield incidents or hear of off field tragedies. He has been, like most all Pitt grads in the NFL, a good guy in the league.

Originally posted by The Loaded Italian:
He has been a complete professional his entire career.

He works and gives his time and money to Nerih Inc, and gives much money to the Crones disease foundation which supports the disease his sister has. He has also done many functions to raise money for childhood cancer, like the basketball game he sponsored for Alex's lemonade stand.

Furthermore he has always been gracious in loses, and classy in victory. You dont see onfield incidents or hear of off field tragedies. He has been, like most all Pitt grads in the NFL, a good guy in the league.
I just wish these guys would do more for Pitt.

I'm thinking you won't be satisfied until our guys are yelling and screaming and throwing up hand signs like "The U."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT