ADVERTISEMENT

Rewatched the game last year

President Stache

Heisman Candidate
Dec 4, 2010
And honestly, feel better about this game.

We absolutely tore through their offensive line all game long, and most of our guys are back this year. I mean, we decimated their line. Sure, they may be better, but, we should be as well. They ran for almost nothing. They had 3 QB scrambles for 100 yards, the rest of the ground game was non-existent. Their receivers had some good YAC plays where our guys cut the wrong way, etc. They really had no substantial drives. The refs had an awful call on Mathis for a long PI and on Hill when he pushed a receiver out of bounds (while still in play) and got a PF.

On offense, Kenny looked poise as heck, we ran V. Davis all game, and he couldnt get through the line, I think Izzy, Hammond, Carter will be better. Really, I think the game will fall upon Slovis making quick decisions. I think we will get enough stops to have the opportunity to win and the score is very similar to last year.

We know Pitt can come back and make plays when needed to win based on week 1. Pressure now shifts to Tennessee to see if they can do the same. If Pitt can capitalize on any early mistakes sort of like Tenn did last year with blocked punt, they may never look back. Daniel’s was a great test in week one and wake up call. Add in underdog status as ranked team at home and game on.

And honestly, feel better about this game.

We absolutely tore through their offensive line all game long, and most of our guys are back this year. I mean, we decimated their line. Sure, they may be better, but, we should be as well. They ran for almost nothing. They had 3 QB scrambles for 100 yards, the rest of the ground game was non-existent. Their receivers had some good YAC plays where our guys cut the wrong way, etc. They really had no substantial drives. The refs had an awful call on Mathis for a long PI and on Hill when he pushed a receiver out of bounds (while still in play) and got a PF.

On offense, Kenny looked poise as heck, we ran V. Davis all game, and he couldnt get through the line, I think Izzy, Hammond, Carter will be better. Really, I think the game will fall upon Slovis making quick decisions. I think we will get enough stops to have the opportunity to win and the score is very similar to last year.

we'd have been down 21-0 if milton could've hit the broad side of a barn.

ADVERTISEMENT