ADVERTISEMENT

Reynolds to Pitt

Has P5 experience. The learning curve is much smaller. Had a great day against Vanderbilt this past season. 8 catches for 165 yards 2 TD’s, but still couldn’t get on the field.

Has P5 experience. The learning curve is much smaller. Had a great day against Vanderbilt this past season. 8 catches for 165 yards 2 TD’s, but still couldn’t get on the field.

And he lined up in the slot and flanker. Certainly looks steady, and at worse will be steady 2-3 WR

ummm... he hosted the guy.

It is comical being negative over nothing. Deep breath man, its not a bad thing having WPIAL superstars back
I'm not being negative I asked a question. neither positive or negative ..It was related to why you think he is a "big time get"...kid caught 11 balls last year.

that's not an answer to the question posed..why is it necessarily a big time get?
Big time get? Remains to be seen… A reason for optimism is he has P5 experience in the SEC. More than Means or Mumpfield had and it showed….

Big time get? Remains to be seen… A reason for optimism is he has P5 experience in the SEC. More than Means or Mumpfield had and it showed….
he had 8 of his 11 catches in a game against (3rd from the bottom in pass defense in the nation) Vandy..if you want to call that "SEC" experience who am I to judge..

I'm not being negative I asked a question. neither positive or negative ..It was related to why you think he is a "big time get"...kid caught 11 balls last year.

Oh, I assumed you meant the Jurkovec question, since there seems to be so many against that. Well your actual question is a puzzler then.

Why is a 4 star recruit who had offers from Auburn, Georgia, Florida State, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, West Virginia and Wisconsin among others that can play multiple WR positions and then went to catch 22 yards per catch for a run oriented team in his first year a 'big get' for a team in desperate need for a WR?? It is not even a question is it? He is at least on par with the Mumpfield pick up last year, which was also a big get.

he had 8 of his 11 catches in a game against (3rd from the bottom in pass defense in the nation) Vandy..if you want to call that "SEC" experience who am I to judge..

Exactly, who ARE you to judge 😂

Think I will go ahead and trust the coaches who have thus far scouted the transfer portal pretty darn solidly so far.

Lighten up Francis….. You’re one of the sad sacks I refer to in my posts…. Only losers find negativity in everything that happens…

Florida has great depth at WR. When he got a real opportunity to perform he made the most of it. Most optimistic and positive people have accomplished something in life…That says a lot about you….

Exactly, who ARE you to judge 😂

Think I will go ahead and trust the coaches who have thus far scouted the transfer portal pretty darn solidly so far.
Exactly. The coaches know a little bit more about football than that pessimistic peon…

Florida only completed 154 passes to their entire WR group though. So he had a 7% WR market share as a true sophomore in a running offense. That's not terrible, especially in the SEC.

For those who optimistically challenged, read….comprehend and be happy…

In my opinion this is just like the nitters getting the kid from FSU. They were both highly rated coming out of high school and buried on the depth chart at their previous schools. I'd rather take a guy like this than a WR from some smaller school. I think it's a good pick up considering we missed out on Cephas. Good job by the coaching staff to bounce back

In my opinion this is just like the nitters getting the kid from FSU. They were both highly rated coming out of high school and buried on the depth chart at their previous schools. I'd rather take a guy like this than a WR from some smaller school. I think it's a good pick up considering we missed out on Cephas. Good job by the coaching staff to bounce back
There are more guys transferring from P5 teams than non P5. But we do seem to do better with the former. Lots of solid contributors, including former Gators, Krull and Kylan Johnson.

Reactions: Alan Partridge
Very limited production, but it appears he made the most of his receptions. Hopefully he can find a role and be a solid contributor to the offense this fall.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
I kinda rememer a lb'r who
transferred here from Fl a
few years ago. He was not
a top lb'r there, but he sure
as hell was here.
Someone named him above. Kylan Johnson. And yea he was pretty good here.

Don’t know anything about this kid. Had the stars and the offers out of high school. But at some point that holds less meaning. But it’s a position of need so in that respect it’s a good thing for sure.

UF’s WR core was bad. Like maybe the worst ranked unit in the SEC. Some people believe WR recruiting is one of the main reasons Mullen was fired.

This isn’t like some 4* that was stuck playing behind elite guys and so him being buried on the depth chart isn’t evidence of his talent and ability.

His 12/24 comments on Twitter make me wonder where he was on the priority list. Doesn't appear to have much speed, but what do I know?

(Everything)

UF’s WR core was bad. Like maybe the worst ranked unit in the SEC. Some people believe WR recruiting is one of the main reasons Mullen was fired.

This isn’t like some 4* that was stuck playing behind elite guys and so him being buried on the depth chart isn’t evidence of his talent and ability.

The genius Dan Mullen found a way to not utilize a bunch of guys who are NFL players like Van Jefferson and Dameon Pierce. Kyle Pitts had 2/3 as may receiving yards as an NFL rookie as he did his entire career at UF.

Making a bet that Dan Mullen doesn't know how to use offensive talent is a pretty good one IMO.

Reactions: pittdan77
The genius Dan Mullen found a way to not utilize a bunch of guys who are NFL players like Van Jefferson and Dameon Pierce. Kyle Pitts had 2/3 as may receiving yards as an NFL rookie as he did his entire career at UF.

Making a bet that Dan Mullen doesn't know how to use offensive talent is a pretty good one IMO.

Huh? Mullens offenses were great. Trask was a Heisman worthy candidate. It’s once the pre-Mullen recruits left the program that things fell apart.

And Mullen wasn’t the HC last year.

The recruiting gurus have not caught up with the transfer portal yet. I trust our coaches in their player assessment more than any recruiting guru anyway.

Welcome to Pitt Mr. Reynolds!

Reactions: USN_Panther
Huh? Mullens offenses were great. Trask was a Heisman worthy candidate. It’s once the pre-Mullen recruits left the program that things fell apart.

And Mullen wasn’t the HC last year.

Trask was throwing to two 1st round pass-catchers, a 2nd round guy, and a dude who has played in 37 games for the Seahawks in 2 years. He had two NFL RBs in Pierce and Perine. Plus he got to play a full season and the entire Big Ten and Pac 12 didn't. He's nothing if Justin Fields gets 12 games that year. He's Stetson Bennett without the wins.

I wasn't the one who brought up Mullen but since you did he went 29th, 22nd, and 13th in scoring with 3 legit upperclassman NFL players. That's hardly impressive given what he was working with and the oddities of the 2020 COVID season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT