ADVERTISEMENT

Richt to Miami

Fuente to VT
Richt to Miami
Narduzzi and Fedora

The Coastal is going to get really stackes really quick.

Wow that was quick. Gotta give Miami administration credit for seeing this opportunity. Exciting time for their fans. I thought they had the 2nd most talent of any Pitt opponent after ND.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Great for the league.

How close was he to being the coach over Walt in 97. Walt was a great hire also but how different things would be.
He turned us down...think he was OC at FSU?? Then Cav turned us down, wanted to stay in the NFL. Actually, he had been TE coach in Majors II, but was turned off by Karcher, the OC..

I'am always leery of a coach who has been in one place that long (15 years) jumping into a new job that quick and making a difference......
I dunno we'll see how this goes....
Richt is a Miami Alumnus as well, so tough gage but he is known to be a great coach and recruiter and knows Miami Former Players.

I guess I'm in the minority, but I'm not overwhelmed with Richt. Excellent recruiter, but never seems to be able to get the best performance out of his talent. It will be interesting to see how he does at Miami.

Cruzer
I share your view on this completely.

Obviously, his comments about wanting to work more hands on with his QBs and his OC comments were not meant to imply that he was wanting to pass on a HC job to be an OC, but a not so subtle message to QB Jacob Eason.

Obviously, his comments about wanting to work more hands on with his QBs and his OC comments were not meant to imply that he was wanting to pass on a HC job to be an OC, but a not so subtle message to QB Jacob Eason.
Cruzer got it right with some others Posters. Richt can win 10 games like he did at Georgia but he lost Big Games. Miami still has to beat FSU and that is a big question mark for any program every year?

2016 OOC:
Florida A&M
Appalachian State
10-29 @ Notre Dame

TBA Florida Atlantic
MIAMI'S ACC HOME GAMES
Duke,
North Carolina,
Pittsburgh,
Florida State

MIAMI'S ACC AWAY GAMES:
Georgia Tech,
Virginia,
Virginia Tech,
NC State

Last edited:
Richt is known for running a relatively clean program...which is what Randy Shannon and Al Golden tried to do. Both were fired for not winning. Perhaps they need a coach who will do it the gangster way to be successful. Miami doesn't want that anymore, so they aren't going to hire that type of coach. But running a straight program hasn't brought the wins. We'll see if Richt can make it work. I'm not sure he will.
I think he would have had more of an impact at MD or UVA. His recruiting would've made a difference at those schools, but not at Miami. Sure, he'll recruit well there, but everyone does. Lack of talent is never the issue at Miami.

Richt is known for running a relatively clean program...which is what Randy Shannon and Al Golden tried to do. Both were fired for not winning. Perhaps they need a coach who will do it the gangster way to be successful. Miami doesn't want that anymore, so they aren't going to hire that type of coach. But running a straight program hasn't brought the wins. We'll see if Richt can make it work. I'm not sure he will.
I think he would have had more of an impact at MD or UVA. His recruiting would've made a difference at those schools, but not at Miami. Sure, he'll recruit well there, but everyone does. Lack of talent is never the issue at Miami.
Excellent Post!

He should win a lot more than Shannon and Golden though. The Canes should at least win the Coastal more often than not.
He will recruit and coach better at his own Adopted Mothers (Alma Mater) and the Canes Of pain Fans are very much rejoicing his hiring!

I see it as I always saw it, Miami is good measuring stick to see how much better Pitt is becoming by seeing how Pitt plays them on the GridIron!

Miami is a great test for Pitt every year whether losing or winning, and that kind of challenge should be welcomed, because Pitt cannot be the "Best Unless Pitt Plays the Best!" Words spoken by Pitt coach Doc Sutherland in the 1920s-30s!

I want Miami at their best too, because when and if Pitt does play and beat them, you know the Program has improved!

Coach Pat & Staff now has Pitt not afraid to meeting challenges and that is what good coaching does to any Program that wants to be in the Top 25!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT