ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Dr. Fu

JoseLind13

Freshman
Jul 17, 2003
Sad news for Pitt and the world of Medicine.

What a tremendous loss for the City of Pittsburgh. This man was not only an incredible doctor, but an even more incredible human being. I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Fu when I was at Pitt.
My deepest sympathies to the Fu family on the loss of this amazing man.
Thank you, Dr. Fu.

I realize this is a PITT Football Forum, but to have only single digit replies so far on a Thread on the death of one of the Greatest Doctors ever to work for the University of Pittsburgh is just sad. Makes me wonder how many people here actually attended PITT.

Although, I saw a different Orthopedic(Dr. Stone) with PITT Sports Medicine, when I had what was diagnosed as Patella-Femoral Pain, and he also is a Great Orthopedic, I had followed Dr. Fu’s Medical Career, and especially was interested around the Mid 2000s with his utilization of the Double Bundle ACL Surgery, as the Double Bundle mimicked the actual anatomy more and provided greater stability for rotational stress on the knee after recovering from this type of Surgery. Dr. Fu trained other Orthopedics who worked at other Medical Centers/Hospitals in the US and other Countries on how to perform the ACL Double Bundle Surgery.

I would see the work schedule that Dr. Fu maintained and figured he must have only slept 4-5 Hours per night(some people are able to be productive with so few hours of sleep). Yet, he looked so young relative to his actual age when I last saw a photo of him around 10-12 years ago.

I hope the University Leaders agree to put up a Statue of Dr. Fu, like was also deservedly done for Dr. Starzl. These People are far more important to Universities, than Football Coaches(especially the Pedophile Enabler, even though his statue was rightfully removed).

RIP Dr. Fu. My thoughts go out to his Family and Friends.
H2P

Last edited:
I realize this is a PITT Football Forum, but to have only single digit replies so far on a Thread on the death of one of the Greatest Doctors ever to work for the University of Pittsburgh is just sad. Makes me wonder how many people here actually attended PITT.
Well, many of us are just getting the news.

Well, many of us are just getting the news.
Fair enough as I had not realized this thread was just started last night. Just seems like several garbage threads last several pages, so hopefully this one will last at least as long as the ones looking to fire Narduzzi after a bad loss(although some criticism is deserved). Hopefully, the University Leaders make sure Dr. Fu is never forgotten and future PITT Students and Alumni will learn about his contributions to the Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Field, and his impact on all of his Patients and Colleagues who got to know him.

This is a great loss and what a Pitt guy through and through. With sympathy to the Fu family as well.
He was definitely Pitt through and through. Got to know him a bit through a total of 3 ACL's he repaired in my household. We started to become regulars. As many have said and as the PG article pointed out, he was an incredible ball of energy. Such an odd feeling when someone who was so dynamic leaves us suddenly and before his time. RIP DR. FU.

Reactions: TheSeldomSeenKid
I sold him some arthroscopy equipment in 1983. He would call my home and leave messages for me for time to time. This was before pagers and cell phones. He was high energy and high impact and in the end trained more sports medicine professionals than any other surgeon on the planet. He’s probably fixing angels wings right now.

I’ve heard and read nothing but good things about Dr. Fu, not only fir his medical advancements but also who he was as a person. A big loss for the Pitt family.

He did my second ankle surgery after I had a lesser doctor do my first. To this day, never had another problem with it.

He was awesome, quick minded, funny, and good

For those of you who never had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Fu, I wanted to post a video I saw on youtube that celebrated the naming of the "Freddie Fu Sports Medicine Center" back in 2018.
I hope the link will work...

Reactions: TheSeldomSeenKid
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT