ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Dwayne Haskins

I saw just yesterday that he was down in Florida with several teammates training. Seemed like he was getting his life straightened out. Absolutely tragic.

Terrible. I just saw video yesterday of the Steelers group training in FL.

Terribly sad news. I was stunned when I saw that skert pop up on my phone. Was definitely hard to process that.

He was at Pitts pro day cheering on Kenny Pickett. They worked out together. They are saying his car was out of gas. You would assume it was a rental car.

Tragically sad, hard to believe but the sad truth in life that it is happening everyday in one way or another for some young person and their family.

Wow. So very sad- so tragic.

The highway is much more dangerous than most people realize. I wish there was greater public awareness about what exactly is the safest way to avoid danger when you have car trouble/run out of gas on the highway. Many people don’t know how dangerous it is or what they should do and think they should just get out and walk.

Better education /ads (even maybe a sign/card put into every car’s glove compartment when sold with a simple, clear message created so a person stranded on the side of the highway -especially one without a big shoulder - know exactly what to do- Always stay inside your car with your lights and hazards on and call for help right away

I live in a town near NYC and we just had two separate incidents where pedestrians were killed by vehicles because the drivers didn’t see them before it was too late. These kinds of pedestrian accidents are heart breaking, but are also avoidable with better education and better safety measures in place.

This is very sad news. Rest In Peace Dwanye.

It will be very interesting if anything more comes out on this story. All they have released was a pedestrian was trying to cross a major highway. No comments on a nearby vehicle or if it was broken down or if he texted anyone for help. Were drugs or alcohol involved? Possible suicide?

It will be very interesting if anything more comes out on this story. All they have released was a pedestrian was trying to cross a major highway. No comments on a nearby vehicle or if it was broken down or if he texted anyone for help. Were drugs or alcohol involved? Possible suicide?
jeez bro, watch tabloid news much ?

jeez bro, watch tabloid news much ?
suicide by dump truck on a highway? Stuff like this on pantherlair keeps me coming back. Last week someone alluded to the idea that narduzzi showed Patti's interception on the closed scrimmage video to gain public favor for Slovis. I thought that was crazy but this suicide one is comparable if not worse..

Speculation like that without any basis is bad. Let the investigation continue without looking for demons. Let him rest in peace.

Why not start with the belief , supported by the surrounding circumstances (in Florida training with other NFL players), that DH was up and about early because of a commitment to making a run as the starting QB, getting whatever in order for that day, and like many people,particularly when we are young, made a tragic miscalculation, trying to get somewhere when the car broke down/ran out of gas?

Why not start with the belief , supported by the surrounding circumstances (in Florida training with other NFL players), that DH was up and about early because of a commitment to making a run as the starting QB, getting whatever in order for that day, and like many people,particularly when we are young, made a tragic miscalculation, trying to get somewhere when the car broke down/ran out of gas?

I saw something that said that he was out that early because he was leaving that morning and had an early flight out. He was on his way to the airport when this happened.

Note that I have no idea if that is actually the case, but it appears that where the accident happened was right next to the Fort Lauderdale airport.

nice warm fuzzy belief and one would hope it true but it simply does not plausibly explain getting run over by a dump truck. Probably why I would not make it my starting point..I was 24 once and knew how to calculate the amount of time and distance needed to cross a road sans death, interstate or not..

Reactions: Dointhatrag
nice warm fuzzy belief and one would hope it true but it simply does not plausibly explain getting run over by a dump truck. Probably why I would not make it my starting point..I was 24 once and knew how to calculate the amount of time and distance needed to cross a road sans death, interstate or not..

Maybe the truck didn't have it's headlights on? It was before sunrise. Who knows?

ADVERTISEMENT