ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Dwayne Haskins

and no love anywhere I see for the poor dump truck driver who was simply just starting his work day but now has to live with this the rest of his life...for the folks whining about "why does this have to come out in public after fact as it is painful for the Haskins family" think about this guy and his family now having any doubt removed about his culpability in this publicly...

Yeah, the poor truck driver has to live with this now, just because a nitwit was drunk and couldn't walk or see straight and ran out in front of his truck. No one can blame the truck driver at all for this death. This was totally on Haskins. Enough with this worship of dumb jocks with no blame for any of the numerous things they do wrong every day.

Yeah, the poor truck driver has to live with this now, just because a nitwit was drunk and couldn't walk or see straight and ran out in front of his truck. No one can blame the truck driver at all for this death. This was totally on Haskins. Enough with this worship of dumb jocks with no blame for any of the numerous things they do wrong every day.
this is going to sound harsh but there were many cars on the road so credit to him for not instinctively swerving and endangering other cars. i used to work with our truck driver trainer and he'd teach these CDL drivers to not swerve or hit breaks if a deer was in the road, that is the last thing you want to do because it would endanger the drivers on the road..

As insensitive as it sounds, this dump truck driver jams breaks or jerks the wheel, this could have been a 3-4+ car pile up. So yeah, good job to that guy to just keep going..

this is going to sound harsh but there were many cars on the road so credit to him for not instinctively swerving and endangering other cars. i used to work with our truck driver trainer and he'd teach these CDL drivers to not swerve or hit breaks if a deer was in the road, that is the last thing you want to do because it would endanger the drivers on the road..

As insensitive as it sounds, this dump truck driver jams breaks or jerks the wheel, this could have been a 3-4+ car pile up. So yeah, good job to that guy to just keep going..

Doesn't sound harsh at all. It's just good defensive driving and common sense. Very fortunate that the nitwit Haskins didn't cause more injuries or death other than to himself. I hope that driver can overcome this trauma and move on.

my man was 3 Xs over the limit at 6am.. that's pretty hard core.. i can honestly say i dont think i've ever been that drunk at 6am, even in my early 20s.. Many steeler games i've tailgated at real early, pre 6am but that was me just getting started..

if you are gonna go out, go out in flames.

my man was 3 Xs over the limit at 6am.. that's pretty hard core.. i can honestly say i dont think i've ever been that drunk at 6am, even in my early 20s.. Many steeler games i've tailgated at real early, pre 6am but that was me just getting started..

You can't drink all day unless you start first thing!

Drugs, alcohol and tired driving is a lethal combination. There was a woman in his car and a verbal argument before!
Nothing about this makes sense.

It stinks for his family that the ignominious details of his autopsy had to be broadcast.

I might be swayed by the argument that it usefully serves as a “cautionary tale” to others in his situation. But even that rings hollow. And dubious.

To be honest, young elite athletes who could benefit the most from such a lesson likely aren’t watching or reading the news. And if they did, it’s at least 50/50 that they’d hear these details and come away impressed, rather than sobered by it… that he went out in an “epic way” … the whole “live hard and leave a good looking corpse” thing.

Dude must’ve have been partying dam hardy (in an exotic location) to still be that heavily intoxicated the next morning, in a hot sports car, and with a presumably hot woman. Sadly that’s what many who could learn the most from this are likely to extrapolate. As far as dying part, “that’s him, that would never happen to me.”

And his existence and his passing CERTAINLY was very big news in Pittsburgh. It dominated for a solid week, and as witnessed by this thread, deets of his death weeks later still made top story. Yinzers absolutely worship the Steelers, even depth chart nobodies.

Really? You never were still drinking at 6? There is no greater surprise in life than realizing the beer store is about to open just as one is about to run out of beer.

Of course, I say this as a boring old man whose idea of going nuts is getting a SECOND beer before the take out order is ready…

It’s sad but another stupid ****ing athlete who had it all but didn’t know how to use his brain
You are not getting it. Many people live like this, partying, running around etc., poor people, rich people,working class people, politicians, athletes, musicians, teachers, white people, brown people, nobody is at all surprised, but to start knocking someone before the facts come out only leads to stereotyping bad behavior to one group.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT