ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Dwayne Haskins

nice warm fuzzy belief and one would hope it true but it simply does not plausibly explain getting run over by a dump truck. Probably why I would not make it my starting point..I was 24 once and knew how to calculate the amount of time and distance needed to cross a road sans death, interstate or not..
there was this little pond/lake with a rope swing we'd go to in high school, it was down by washington pa. to get to it, you either had to walk thru some dude's farm or cross 79. im telling you, crossing a highway (Drunk or sober) is not as easy as you think. those cars come up on you quick..

Reactions: lilspainishflea
there was this little pond/lake with a rope swing we'd go to in high school, it was down by washington pa. to get to it, you either had to walk thru some dude's farm or cross 79. im telling you, crossing a highway (Drunk or sober) is not as easy as you think. those cars come up on you quick..
and yet, here you are.. drunk and sober are mutually exclusive entities when discussing what might have happened here... Do you think a sober 24 year old could not figure out this distance and appropriate pace while at the same time not be seen by the driver of this truck? A sober old fart like myself would go 500 out of 500 crossings without being clipped..Hell, if impairment is involved it might be on the driver but I am guessing it is in one of them.

and yet, here you are.. drunk and sober are mutually exclusive entities when discussing what might have happened here... Do you think a sober 24 year old could not figure out this distance and appropriate pace while at the same time not be seen by the driver of this truck? A sober old fart like myself would go 500 out of 500 crossings without being clipped..
lol, yeah, i lived. i mean it's not impossible, just saying it's a tad bit trickier than crossing a normal road when the cars are going 75mph..

i think Haskins was going to airport, ran out of gas and made a bad decision. i dont think he was drunk at 6:30am, the airport story makes sense. suicide by dump truck, not so much..

If that report is true I’m guessing the toxicology report will show Dwayne made some bad choices that night and cost him his life

I hope that blurb isn’t true. Unfortunate to be publicized either way (other than a possible cautionary tale to other players, who don’t take such lifestyle warnings seriously anyway, what good does it serve; it could even potentially harm his family from collecting life insurance, etc). But if it isn’t true, it’s particularly wretched.

I hope that blurb isn’t true. Unfortunate to be publicized either way (other than a possible cautionary tale to other players, who don’t take such lifestyle warnings seriously anyway, what good does it serve; it could even potentially harm his family from collecting life insurance, etc). But if it isn’t true, it’s particularly wretched.
yeah, it was on twitter so no clue. cant tell you how many times i've read complete nonsense made up stories on twitter, assuming it was from a legit source. no clue who andy slater is either.

• Wow
Reactions: mike 301
yeah, it was on twitter so no clue. cant tell you how many times i've read complete nonsense made up stories on twitter, assuming it was from a legit source. no clue who andy slater is either.
On the flip side it’s the first I had seen a definitive reference to a disabled vehicle actually being found. Though I’d not exactly been searching out continued updates about this since the day it occurred.

On the flip side it’s the first I had seen a definitive reference to a disabled vehicle actually being found. Though I’d not exactly been searching out continued updates about this since the day it occurred.

Its all speculation of course. Alot of high end rental cars have the ignition tied into alcohol breath testing. Could be he had a top end rental car and he couldnt start the car due to either him or this woman in the car.

Although, as Zelda pointed out, all that may be complete bunk too.

Who is this guy and where does he get his information?
I don’t know but You should ask him. If he’s proven to be wrong, feel free to call him out

Odds are he’s not making up the drunk passed out girl in the car at 6:30am. But sleep well knowing if it is untrue, he will be blasted on social media by every osu athlete Alive led by cam heyward himself.

If it’s true, expect crickets.

If true his wife has a mixture of sorrow and being pissed. Not too many good reasons to have a passed out drunk girl in your car while out of town

If true his wife has a mixture of sorrow and being pissed. Not too many good reasons to have a passed out drunk girl in your car while out of town
If true, I venture to guess, other players or team personnel at have known he was with another woman.

Haskins' parents/family released a statement through a spokesperson that they wouldn't attend the funeral because the never met or even talked to his wife and thought doing so at funeral would be inappropriate. Interesting.

Last edited:
This is why message boards are viewed as garbage, and rightfully so.

Quit with the unfounded rumors from some dope on twitter. At least get a reliable source.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Haskins' parents/family released a statement through a spokesperson that they wouldn't attend the funeral because the never met or even talked to his wife and thought doing so at funeral would be inappropriate. Interesting.
Now why in the hell would you not attend your son's funeral unless you were estranged from him?

Three times over the limit and ketamine in his system. A woman not married to out with him Still.making stupid choices that directly led to his death. Sad, really.

Sad that his life was cut short and he left a wife behind. Good that he didn't hurt or kill anyone else. But this glorifying of these jocks has to stop. Besides the fact that he was drunk out of his mind and had other drugs in his system, he was in a very suspicious situation with a woman who was not his wife. Not exactly behavior that you'd want your kid doing. His death was totally on him, no one else.

Reactions: Dan1911
Most on here thought of the guy as some hero. He couldn’t be drunk or high. Most on here don’t know real life. Only hero worshipping fantasy.

Most on here thought of the guy as some hero. He couldn’t be drunk or high. Most on here don’t know real life. Only hero worshipping fantasy.
i thought he sucked and like most ohio state qbs drafted in the nfl, was a bust..

could care less about his off field personal life. dude wants to get weird in miami and run across highways, who am i too judge..

Sad to hear. :( it hurts when you think about the destruction these situations cause, especially when they’re preventable.

Yeah he made about six bad decisions in a row in a short period

No one in Pittsburgh idolized this guy, 1/2 the steeler fan base even realized he was on the team. It’s a weird take.

Hell, outside of a few teammates tweets, even in death he didn’t get much attention. Ben wrecked on a motorcycle and the state of PA stopped and watched for weeks. This guy was a headline for a day and a half.

Reactions: pittdan77
No one in Pittsburgh idolized this guy, 1/2 the steeler fan base even realized he was on the team. It’s a weird take.

Hell, outside of a few teammates tweets, even in death he didn’t get much attention. Ben wrecked on a motorcycle and the state of PA stopped and watched for weeks. This guy was a headline for a day and a half.
You don’t think the third string qb was idolized ?!!
Lol

It stinks for his family that the ignominious details of his autopsy had to be broadcast.

I might be swayed by the argument that it usefully serves as a “cautionary tale” to others in his situation. But even that rings hollow. And dubious.

To be honest, young elite athletes who could benefit the most from such a lesson likely aren’t watching or reading the news. And if they did, it’s at least 50/50 that they’d hear these details and come away impressed, rather than sobered by it… that he went out in an “epic way” … the whole “live hard and leave a good looking corpse” thing.

Dude must’ve have been partying dam hardy (in an exotic location) to still be that heavily intoxicated the next morning, in a hot sports car, and with a presumably hot woman. Sadly that’s what many who could learn the most from this are likely to extrapolate. As far as dying part, “that’s him, that would never happen to me.”

And his existence and his passing CERTAINLY was very big news in Pittsburgh. It dominated for a solid week, and as witnessed by this thread, deets of his death weeks later still made top story. Yinzers absolutely worship the Steelers, even depth chart nobodies.

It sucks for the family for this to come out, but I can't imagine anyone is surprised. Just there had to be an impairment of some kind to make so many bad decisions.

It sucks for the family for this to come out, but I can't imagine anyone is surprised. Just there had to be an impairment of some kind to make so many bad decisions.
wife got a nice insurance policy and his money and knowing how he spent his time away, probably takes the sting of it away a bit..

Sad that his life was cut short and he left a wife behind. Good that he didn't hurt or kill anyone else. But this glorifying of these jocks has to stop. Besides the fact that he was drunk out of his mind and had other drugs in his system, he was in a very suspicious situation with a woman who was not his wife. Not exactly behavior that you'd want your kid doing. His death was totally on him, no one else.
and no love anywhere I see for the poor dump truck driver who was simply just starting his work day but now has to live with this the rest of his life...for the folks whining about "why does this have to come out in public after fact as it is painful for the Haskins family" think about this guy and his family now having any doubt removed about his culpability in this publicly...

and no love anywhere I see for the poor dump truck driver who was simply just starting his work day but now has to live with this the rest of his life...for the folks whining about "why does this have to come out in public after fact as it is painful for the Haskins family" think about this guy and his family now having any doubt removed about his culpability in this publicly...
and the person that had to clean the dump truck after. Thoughts and prayers to that damn guy.

ADVERTISEMENT